Bard Spec

O

oblivion_6

Whats a good bard spec for someone whos not looking to hit anything and basiclaly wants to be grp focused?

Im talkin buffs n songs mostly

D

Driwen

vodka without music there is no songs and oblivion asked about buffs and songs mostly?:p Besides I know that a skald without mach5 is considered a gimp(it might be a valid spec, but no one will group you :p) and I think the same goes for a bard probably :).

O

oblivion_6

is the final power song worth taking nurtue to 50?

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by driwen
vodka without music there is no songs and oblivion asked about buffs and songs mostly?:p Besides I know that a skald without mach5 is considered a gimp(it might be a valid spec, but no one will group you :p) and I think the same goes for a bard probably :).

Errrrrr you got something mixed up, let me clarify:

Music - Insta DD, Amnesia, Insta mezz, Insta aoe mezz, castable aoe mezz

Nurture - Songs.

Regrowth - Best group heal.. but no spreadheal :( And healing song and big heals.

O

oblivion_6

bit confusing how mana song and end song and haste song

arent in the music spec

ffs mythic im guessin bards are a bit screwed?

i also see that EMP does f00k all for bards yet is a stat that raises with lvls????

K

Kobold

Originally posted by driwen

songs is in nurture and u get last speed on 43, only thing you get after is mana5 at 50 witch is totally stupid to get, stop at 43 nurt, no more no less.

Music is for mez, confuse(useless) and insta dd

regrowth for healing, at 16 u get 25% res and a few gimpy heals :p

And for buffs....all buffs u get as bard are baseline so u get no matter what u spec :m00:

V

VodkaFairy

Group heal of bards has higher value than group heals of druids fyi.. but spread heals ruin all for bard and warden heals.

D

Driwen

ok sorry :p, next time i will actually check some site again before i open my big mouth :p. Ok then it depends what you want :p healing or mezzing :). Think if you are the only bard in a RvR group you need to spec music, but if you arent than having an extra healer is nice :D and you can have a 2nd song :).

V

VodkaFairy

Music is the way to go really, but with all these insane resists I'm wondering if mezz is really worth it. High resist rate and tanks with det are hardly affected by insta mezz. Castable mezz is abit difficult nowadays with ae stun -> castable ae mezz from mids and sorcs with bolt range ae mezz and anti mezz chants.

Heals can't be resisted, but you're often interrupted while trying to heal... :/

D

Driwen

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Music is the way to go really, but with all these insane resists I'm wondering if mezz is really worth it. High resist rate and tanks with det are hardly affected by insta mezz. Castable mezz is abit difficult nowadays with ae stun -> castable ae mezz from mids and sorcs with bolt range ae mezz and anti mezz chants.

Heals can't be resisted, but you're often interrupted while trying to heal... :/

tanks wont be affected by mezz alot, but people like their healer will :p. And insta mezz is not the way to go most off the time :). But yes insta stun makes it hard get your mezz off, but if played right you can pull the castable AE mezz still offf. Besides without proper CC you will loose every time in RvR.
And does amnesia interupt QC?

V

VodkaFairy

Quickcast isn't interrupted by anything but CC afaik.

For rvr, get proper music spec, for pve, get regrowth

Or a mix.

[edit] weird sentence

W

wuntvor

IMO got to go

43 - Nutrure, Speed 5, End 5, Mana 4, to go any higher is a was of spec points for the return as the only extra you gain is mana 5.

Then you have 1 of 2 options :

Regrowth - 16
Music - 47

or

Regrowth - 33
Music - 37

Regrowth 33/ Music 37 gives a good single and grp heals and the first insta AOE mezz

Regrowth 16/ Music 47 the heals arn't great but you get the top end mezz's and shouts

music 47 is the way to go for RvR imo, SC'in means your gonna need top end mezz's basically.

The other spec is a utility spec for both PvE and RvR but at the end of the day in RvR your going to be mezzin/getting pummeled and trying to get end song started up. Healing becomes less important and anyway thats for the Druids and Wardens :p

A

angrysquirrel

you have to consider whether going to 47 in music for a few extra seconds in an insta mez is worth losing the spec in regrowth....with resists being what they are and future patches nerfing mez you might wanting to think some more...

/edit and 50 nurt for mana 5 sooo aint worth it.

V

vipr

Music 47
Nurture 43
16 regrowth
What u spend the rest in is irrelevant IMO

This is pretty much the standard template all hib buskers go for.

<yawn>:sleeping:

A

angrysquirrel

with resists the 47 insta means you will only get a tiny increase on the instas you would get with 44 in music. a very small increase !

if you mez properly with the castable you are gauranteed a decent mez (barring purges and group members getting a bit silly) and an easy win. with an insta you are prob (with a decent set of opponents) going to have a hairy fight, save the insta for emergencies and at least try to get a castable off, when it works you will see the difference. the extra points in healing are more valuable than you'll ever know if you go 47 music (edit i meant music ffs not nurt!)..

thats my opinion and i do quite well ;-P

although if i had 2 respec stones id try cookie cutter just to make sure... heh

C

Calere

Went with the 43, 33, 37 spec myself which I have found to be very group friendly. Yes, the aoe insta mezz lacks the radius of its bigger brother, but I only use insta to stop the person leading dead in their tracks so the rest of the grp bunches up nicely for a castable mezz. There's only so much mezzin' you can do before your called upon to heal and with 33 reg and 3 power relics I heal for 460 single target and 250ish with spec grp heal, which has saved a few asses on several occasions :)

T

Tank Init

wow people out there still using mezz heheheheeh

P

panzer

I would say that if youre in a well orgainsed gank group where everyone reacts instantly and knows what to do then the 47 mez might be worthwhile because 15 secs (after det and resists is all your gonna get) is enough time to make an impact.

However, if you tend to run in pick up groups where people dont react instantly the mez lands, using the 47 mez for anything other than emergency situations is gonna get u killed.

I stuck on 43 nurt 16 regr 37 music from 46 for a while to see what i felt i lacked rvrwise.

Ive gone for the 43 nurt 33 regr 37 music template and i mezz with the best of em ;) .... ok imo anyway ;)

AM plus a few of the 27 spec group heals is alot of healing ;)

K

Kobold

reg is useless for a bard.

why?

cause all the fucking tanks will see u with ur drum or lute and tones all over and bang you back to ligen before you reatch to look at the heal button :p

What a bard do is lull + mez in start and then play end and sprint around with lotsa tanks on ur tale :m00:

O

old.Nol

47 music
43 nurture
16 regrow

IMO a 16 Music spec is crying for a respec stone.

I can undestand speccing to lower Music for higher heals, but 16 is taking the piss. Not only the fact that you have a 35 sec max mezz(without resists and determination, it is alo only 4 secs longer then an insta), which you have to cast, but more importantly you only have ST Lull.

Since the introduction of Bolt distance mezz on sorc, Lull has a hugely important role in ensuring you keep your group safe.

The lowest possible lull I would go for is the level 32.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Quickcast isn't interrupted by anything but CC afaik.

For rvr, get proper music spec, for pve, get regrowth

Or a mix.

[edit] weird sentence

QC is interupted by lull.

O

old.Nol

QC is bugged so it gets interupted by loads of stuff...lull clears target so if it is not resisted then caster has no target to quickcast on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom