Bard spec?

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by lofff
tzee is right here

43nurt 47music 16reg = wtg

As a bard u will b the one needing heals unless situation is under control, in that case no1 will need ur heals. 16 reg for a quick res f needed and to drop couple heals f possible, last instamezz aint very important imo, but 43 music is

i really dont think you can say if 1 person is right over another when it comes to sensible specs.

Ive respecced for more heals,, and its surprising how many ppl dont go for the bard 1st.

Alot of the time a tank runs at me, so i sprint away (not allowing me to heal true), but as im running away (ill run to 1 of our tanks) they will get slammed then giving me chance to heal.

Of cause its hectic to play a bard, constantly being rdy to mezz - even during fights being able to pick out mages to lul.

Also remember the Bard group heal is king for keep defences/attacks.

One thing that Vodka said,, was the heal song getting upped with the next patch, Easy enough to twist Spd/heal instead of stopping to cast a few Group heals.

S

syrien

my bard spec is:
23 nurture
37 regrowth
47 music
15 blunt

I know speed 3 only, but i like this spec very much.
Btw 48 regrowth (with items) is healing cap, that means u will
heal for max with base heals and base group heals - so without any variance.
Tested and proved.
I like very much 2nd best group heal, I heal for 322 HP with it with MoH1.
Btw all bards should get at least 37 music, its our DD damage line and mezz line (only our offense and defense line). Regrowth is our defense line too :) so I would say my spec is defense bard
(or self defense?).

L

lofff

Originally posted by N07ABL3
i really dont think you can say if 1 person is right over another when it comes to sensible specs.

Obviously that was my opinion, not a fact.

Altho me been such a wise gentleman makes it almost a fact ;P j/k

f u are fighting ppl who does not go for bard first, u are fighting gimps/noobs and its an easy fight nm f u heal or dont.

Anyway its all about liking :)

T

tdmm_kamosh

<ironic> I guess that the advices from spanish m8s aren't good to a great player like you </ironic>

pfffffff :rolleyes:

V

VodkaFairy

Heh.. I still wanna go for 43 nurt, 47 regrowth, 16 music :D

Sounds very very nice in PvE which is what I'll do most with my bard... 16 music is very low but I still have a single target mezz.. :p

L

lofff

hehe vodka, as said, its all about liking ;>

ps: Aye spanish ppl sucks, they live in caverns and fight ones to each others with big bones..

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by Novamir
exactly.. so even more reason to have high reg..

fuck.. =/
you started smoking stuff now nova at uni ? :/

L

lofff

f it was up to him rangers would have healing arrowz >;-O

V

vipr

I went for

47 Music
43 Nurture
10 Regrowth (Backyard Ress)
12 Blades

I find this a good spec for me, however i defy anyone who says bards arent the 1st target mid/alb pvp grps go for 1st. A good pvp grp will disable the battery 1st and watch the lights go out on the rest of his grp, which is frustrating as fook. Still we all got our crosses to bear!

:rolleyes:

C

Cloak_

Originally posted by vipr
i defy anyone who says bards arent the 1st target mid/alb pvp grps go for 1st. A good pvp grp will disable the battery 1st and watch the lights go out on the rest of his grp
:rolleyes:

we fighting mids/albs remember :m00:

See what ya made me do, bah was actually being serious for a while there :(

S

spankya

Havent really played my bard much at all in rvr, mainly due to still not having recovered from the account hacking, but I'm still 43 nurture, 16 regrowth and 47 music which still seems like a good spec to me. Bards still seem to be number 1 targets for ganking so dont have much chance to heal and most wardens and druids can heal pretty well so let them heal whilst the bard makes sure the enemies get mezzed, lulled etc and that the group has end song :) When I do get the chance to heal, its normally between about 200-500 depending if its a crit and the usual heal varience crap.

So many ways to spec a bard and all have their up and down sides, main thing is to have 43 nurture and some music. Less than 43 nurture = gimped bard btw :p

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by spankya
Less than 43 nurture = gimped bard btw :p

Try playing a high music/blunt bard in bg1, you'll be surprised by the amazing power. :)

I

inuyasha

hmm

When i started reading this thread, I was certain 43 nurt, 47 music and 16 regrowth was the spec i was going.

Now im not sure at all anymore =)

What do I loose speccing first the first instant area mess instead of the last one? Duration and radius and a better area lull? The better area lull part is mostly a joke, it cant interupt so its mainly to cancel speed, and on the low timer they are, and provided speed 5 myself, i can slow down any target i would wish with the lower level lulls .D The dd shouts.....well, why would i?

I will mostly play in a rl group with 2 50 champs having annihulation and a druid with a good spec (meaning he might be able to keep me alive), 3 people going for me at once would be in deep shit, 9 sec stun hurts. However, i would be able to save my druid mate if my heals is decent, and duration off mess gets more and more gimped as peoples resists increase.

Im starting to think like this:
Im speccing for a fg or two grouping, zerging is not my style.
In a organized group, against a organized group, i will mess, they will purge or resist fast, and come at me. With 47 music, its not much more i can do, my heals would be rather sad, i cant do damage, so all i can do is run around not dying? The instant is on a 10 min timer and is getting nerfed by sc even worse then my enchanter, what else do i loose getting more heals (and group heal, which rock)? With healing, i could at least do something when i do not have anyone on me, that actually can save my group, and unless encountering a zerg, we CAN kill a fg with a 37 spec area mess if we pull it off first? =)

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
Try playing a high music/blunt bard in bg1, you'll be surprised by the amazing power. :)

Less then 43 nurture IS a gimped bard 8)
Amazing power in bg.....well my friends bard soloed a fg with a ballista (some sort, possibly scorpion), now try real rvr with one, then tell about amazing power :D

O

old.Tzeentch

complete spell resistance is based on your level, the spell level, vs the enemy level.

this means your lower level spell (first instant for example) - wont stick as much as my mezz.

up to you tho :p

i'm the realms primary CC and the end regen guy.. i'll do what i can to optimise that role.

V

VodkaFairy

True, bg is very different from real rvr :p

But solo'ing assassins did impress me with only 11 blunt and 16 music :)

N

Novamir

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
complete spell resistance is based on your level, the spell level, vs the enemy level.

this means your lower level spell (first instant for example) - wont stick as much as my mezz.

i'm the realms primary CC and the end regen guy.. i'll do what i can to optimise that role.

you can't always be sure that the warden will be thana though :)

there needs to be two healers in a fight. i say that its NOT worth taking music that high when the insta really doesnt have great use. however when pemp heals me regularly for 700+ whether the druid is tied up or not it seems useful. and he still has the main thing from music (imo) which is castable ae mez.

N

Novamir

btw i think that both specs are very valid and it actually depends on the person playing the bard even more than one of those 2 specs :)

V

VodkaFairy

A bard isn't only the main form of crowd control but it's also one of the best support classes. Music just doesn't have enough to offer.

The DD is often pointless, it just looks nice.

Lullaby / AE lullaby is good for interrupting but the level 1x is just as good as the level 4x spell for that.

AE mezz - there are sooo many things to counter mezz I really don't wanna waste points on it. I still have my single target mezz which can be great if used correctly. Sure AE mezz can be usefull but it's not worth so many specpoints imho.

Healing can't be resisted, and mezz is afaik the most easy-to-resist spell in the game. Also a regrowth bard is more usefull in PvE which is what I'll do alot :)

N

Novamir

Originally posted by VodkaFairy

AE mezz - there are sooo many things to counter mezz I really don't wanna waste points on it. I still have my single target mezz which can be great if used correctly. Sure AE mezz can be usefull but it's not worth so many specpoints imho.

you might be right. time will tell.. when 1.60 comes, there will be little point in ae mezzing albs at least :/

V

VodkaFairy

I wish they'd remove all ae (and ae insta) mezz and give music a few goodies to compensate that.

Something to aid bards in music would be nice, so battlebards become viable. Something like extra damage or extra defence for the bard and his/her group would be nice. Plenty of things to come up with.

edit - Something like a group-avoid-pain but not as strong. Or an insta-group-bladeturn on a timer. Or a damage add.. dunno

V

VodkaFairy

Originally posted by Novamir
you might be right. time will tell.. when 1.60 comes, there will be little point in ae mezzing albs at least :/

Insta fest with mids :p

Bard mezzes mids. Mid healer purges. Mid healer insta-mezzes hibs. Druid uses group-purge. Bard tries to mezz mids. Mid healer insta-aoe-stuns hibs..

etc :p

H

<Harle>

Re: hmm

Originally posted by inuyasha

What do I loose speccing first the first instant area mess instead of the last one? Duration and radius and a better area lull? The better area lull part is mostly a joke, it cant interupt

actually lull can and will interrupt, and it's actually pretty good for that...

I

inuyasha

hmmm

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch

Is this in effect yet?

Case my baseline heal with 1 in music easy mess a level 50 mid just like you can when i was level 24 (i messed 100+ people, lots in bg, at least 30 in odins, did not notice any difference in resists)
Also on pvp server its proven to have little effect if i mess someone at level 5 or 30 with my minstrel, so unless this is a next patch thing, it dont seem very important to me :D

Anyways, is there much of a problem messing them twice? the instant is just for emergency only, and i doubt all will resist it, the remainer i will survive with capped hits and con and 99% armor anyways :D

And, if its the spell level that is the only affection, then what good would it be me to get +13 in music so i get 50?

Thanks for info that lull interupt, had no clue, but its a very nice thing to know =)

S

Shrye

Spell lvl vs Enmy lvl is first from next patch. Resisted spells won't interrupt from next patch (hence single-target lull is nerfed, at least they didn't fix it's timer to my knowledge =)

O

old.Tzeentch

shrye you geek, isn't it now that spell level stuff is in force?

anyway, nova i agree, should be two healers.. but i find virtually everyone attacking me all the time, completely ignoring the druid chucking heals for 800-1800 a pop.. i mean wtf?

anyway, it is a preference, i do a lot better with my CC than i would do with heals, but im pretty comfortable in either role, my heals are decent, and if i ever am relied upon to heal... well, as before, we've won

seriously, virtually every single encounter i have nowadays, im attacked by around 4+ enemies.. my job is to survive until our melee takes out their support and can help me /cry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom