bard spec for rvr

H

hoden

looking for a good spec for a bard for rvr , do i need good heals or better to have high songs end regen etc and mezzes , what is the main job of a bard in rvr ? any help much thanks :)

H

hoden

do bard get grps easy in rvr i`ve seen loads of bards about since i started playing on hibs , if they dont what class is most needed in hibs rvr , on mid we always short of peeps wanting to play healers in rvr and high mend healer even more rare

O

old.Xanthian

Yes, a good bard ALWAYS gets a group.
Hib rvr is non existant without a bard.

D

decker

What u say about this fight bard spec: 43 nurture, 37 music, 16 regrowth rest to blunt/blade ? :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by decker
What u say about this fight bard spec: 43 nurture, 37 music, 16 regrowth rest to blunt/blade ? :)

I laugh and say bards cant fight, put that knife away and play end ffs ;)

lvl 47 insta has 4 times the coverage of the lvl 37 one and better duration, lvl 37 insta looks a gift to tanks with Determination.

C

chrstffr

Would suck tbh

P

Pempulla

It is a 'possible' spec, but only barely. A bard is a grp char and in a grp a bard is ALWAYS helping out more when playing end, which means it doesn't really matter in the least bit whether the bard has 1 or 50 in a weapon spec as a bard should never have the weapon out in a grp.
IMO if you are going to sacrifice the 47 aoe insta mezz, 37 is really the music spec to go for, but to compensate a bit in grps, you should put the now gained points into regrowth rather than a weapon spec (preferably aiming for 27 (good grp heal) or 33 (good single target heal) in regrowth).
A bard does not have MoC, so healing won't always even be an option for the bard, but with a good grp it is likely that you most of the times get the chance to do it (and you can be useful in 'siege' situs and don't have to be a total 'afk monkey'...).

Of course, if grps are not what you are aiming for... any spec is really viable (43 nurture, 37 music, 28 regrowth, 18 blunt/blades is always one possibility for a hybrid, then you can compensate with RAs for grp/solo abilities).

C

Calere

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
I laugh and say bards cant fight, put that knife away and play end ffs ;)

lvl 47 insta has 4 times the coverage of the lvl 37 one and better duration, lvl 37 insta looks a gift to tanks with Determination.

lvl 47 insta doesnt do much better against tanks with det ;)

I've tried the 43, 33, 37 spec and the 43, 16, 47 spec, like most ppl have said the 43, 16, 47 is best for rvr.

F

foolou

I F you really want to you can play a battle bard.

Needs highlvl buffbot, perfect gear and dedication, there's some ppl on excal doing that.
Although it's a really tough choice and you'll definitly get easier rp in groups with standart spec.

Something with 39 weapon, second best speed buff and loads of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom