Banned

O

old.Possibly

Hello Peeps

Basically I was playing on Q3F beta 2 BW server 1

at around 1:30 - 2am

the admin on the server [AR]Igster

Now im having a very good game ive played TF before TF - TFC - Q3F all of these mods not many on BW but hey im allowed to try new things

ANYWAY near the end of the map i hear someone shout "Why the fook are cheats enabled?" which strikes my curiosity so i bring down the console and type /god to see what happens

Bear in mind the end of the map is about 25 - 30 seconds away

anyway god mode activates shockingly and then the map ends
anyway the next map loads up (spazball) and i assume that everythings been reset (as this is how it is in TFC)

the next thing i know Igster says "Good bye possibly you cheat"

and bans me from the server

Now i ask you this who enabled cheats on the server cause im sure you need rcon to do that!

I wasnt cheating I enabled a cheat to see if what the person was saying was true which it was then the map ended

you NEVER gave me a chance to speak or a warning you just banned me!

Now if this is how BW treats potential players im very dissapointed in the level of service thus far.

So what would I like from this post well a apology would be nice but its doubtfull.

But first and formost and most importantly the ban lifted and record of it wiped I dont like being called a cheat.

Thankyou
and goodnight

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by Possibly

Now if this is how BW treats potential players im very dissapointed in the level of service thus far.
Gutted.

O

old.igster

Unfortunately that is a million miles away from my recollection of what happened. I had been making it perfectly obvious to everybody that anybody caught running the cheats would be banned. I had warned ppl a number of times and if you recall - you were the 2nd person that unfortunately got banned in that game.

Cheats have been enabled by default and we are waiting for a config change to happen on the server. We have had a terrible spate of ppl using the cheats ruining everybodys game all night - hardly a game passes without somebody flying around the map.

I would have thought that seeing somebody being banned for cheating before hand was an additional reasonable prior warning - in conjunction with the numerous public warnings that had been given.

I have been giving everyone the chance to switch off whatever cheat they are using and I recall asking you to do the same. I saw that you took no damage after an attack from a soldier and asked you to switch the cheats off. I was watching you for a while since there were numerous accusations of cheating going on.

I have not 'branded' you a cheat, and If you were simply trying out the god mode as you say then I'm willing to believe that it was only the result of your inquisitive nature. In that event I would have been more than happy that your ban came off naturally.

I dont believe that I have behaved badly in any way whatsoever - and I will defend myself. You were warned that anyone found using the cheats would be banned and you used the cheat. I believe that you have not denied using god mode.

I would say that you have attacked my integrity as an admin - despite the fact that you were given warning and have admitted to cheating. So who is in the wrong? The admin or the player?

Khorne has now taken your ban off and I'm not objecting to it. But I don't believe that I've acted over zealously in any way. If you hang around the q3f scene long enough - which I hope you do - then you may get to realise that I am absolutely not on any kind of power trip as existing members of the q3f community will tell u. Us Q3F admins hardly every use kicks or bans and I for one have had my enjoyment of B2 marred by the days events with the amount of cheating thats been going on today. But I do object to my reputation being called into question in this matter.

:rolleyes:

O

old.Possibly

Thanks to Khorne im unbanned thanks mate :) <- a decent top fella quality admin love him to bits

Unaware of the post by the accused admin, but since he has a complete lack of evidence all i ask is that someone provide logs proving i knew of said bannings, and PROVING i activated that cheat at the beginning and not as i say 30 SECONDS before the end of the game

I see it as poor play on Igsters part in admitting his wrong doing but thats upto him

I registed on this forum to get my ban undone that has been fulfilled and i see the matter as closed im dissapointed that i now have a tarnished name because of one admin but its only a name huh

case closed good night

O

old.Oa

it feels very uncomfortable to see Iggy being accused of bad judgement as he is probably one of the sanest and most reasonable admins about.

the fact was you DID have a cheat switched on like lots of other ppl during the first day q3f2 was out ruining the game for everyone else. i don't blame any admin for being fed up with it and thus banning people as it's only fair, even if it was only for 'testing'. bad luck that you were spotted..?

i doubt people will see you as a cheater from now on though. but hopefully people will understand that cheating isn't acceptable in any shape or form.

/Oa

S

Sar

You admitted to cheating on a public server, and were rightly banned for it.

What did you think would be the result of cheating?

A round of applause?

Stop whining.

O

old.Possibly

sorry i just feel the need to reply to OA here

I understand that and as i said i see the case as closed now

But as i say I had been playing Q3F all day I had seen people saying "Why are cheats enabled" but was too busy whoring to check it out for myself.

Now this person said it and I said to my self "is it ?! lets check" and i noticed that there was about 30 seconds left not even that i dont think and so i typed in /god surprisingly it turned on and about 10 - 15 seconds later the map ended.

Now how many of you heard "cheats are on" and said ARE THEY??? then tested yourselfs?

I think this came about because i spent most of the game either whoring as a sniper or capping as a recon guy (all i did was blow the grate and swim through the water their flag room was unguarded)

as i said i would like to see the logs as im almost certain they would prove that I didnt cheat.

but case closed
topic closed i hope

S

ShockingAlberto

You're a fool. Cheats were enabled by default with the enw beta, so trying to claim it's the admins fualt is stupid.

In a situation, where cheats are enabled, and the servers are full of newbies and lamers, i think Igster was dully justified in getting rid of you.

Now i just need to get the last 20megs of beta2 :) They've made the nailgrens less powerful haven't they? And the CLuster bombs, they've been improved haevn't they? Please say yes! I hate getting killed by some lame spamming soldier(me being a Grenadier), when my own `powerful' grenades barely scratch him :mad:

B

bigbb

Originally posted by Oa
cheating isn't acceptable in any shape or form.

/Oa
Just thought I'd reiterate that point, as it doesn't seem to have been understood.

I

Insane

for a name like "possibly" you deserved the ban :p

Now im having a very good game ive played TF before TF - TFC - Q3F all of these mods not many on BW but hey im allowed to try new things

If you've been playing since before QWTF, then you would know the concequences of cheating on an online game.. and by blatently putting GOD MODE on while playing ONLINE, you deserved the ban fully, even if it was for "testing"... putting the blame on "testing" a cheat makes it just as bad as running it.

C

Chameleon

hm, if the server cfg was messed up, saying ppl who tried the cheats would be banned is quite pathetic tbh

S

ShockingAlberto

Why? From the sounds of it, it was clearly stated that anyone found using a cheat would be banned.

Knowing that cheats were enabled due to the default beta2 server config, knowing that you'd be banned for using a cheat, surely you would have the sense to just get on with the game.

O

old.Possibly

I see this situation as closed but even though ill respond anyway

I was completely unaware until somebody on that server said "WHy are cheats enabled" that cheats were actually enabled (which is weird considering i had been playing Q3F all day)

as for being notified well I wasnt notified I wasnt Warned I was unaware of anyone being kicked (it doesnt say Player was kicked" like halflife)

Now obviously i would expect people to be banned for cheating but i wouldnt mind a warning FIRST considering its a server side fault and its not like i was using OGC or something!

C

Chameleon

Well, put it this way ...... any time ive been on a server and the cfg's been messed up, whether it's cos of a new version of some mod, or we are waiting for the admin to arrive and reset it (league or otherwise), I've always just messed about, rj'd all over the place like a mad man, shot my own team, stood on ppl's heads, ran around the server backwards, basically killing time till it got sorted. Tbh, I'd have tried the cheats myself too if id been there cos ive never tried 'god' and all that stuff, cos ive not played on an sv_pure "0" server ever and would be curious. I don't think you can use the word 'cheat' in quite the same context when your talking about someone trying /god cos the server cfg's been messed up, and someone installing a wall hack or similar. Imho saying people would be banned for exec'ing the command ID software put in the game itself, on a server where it's been left on is damn stupid, your not catching cheating scum, your simply punishing the curious and/or stupid, not people who are out to decieve ppl into beleiving they are an elite quake master. It was stupid to think ppl wouldnt try it for a laugh. If anything, the server should have been taken down until it was sorted. It seems to be all cleared up now though, I just think it was a poor thing to do given the circumstances.

S

ShockingAlberto

Maybe, however this was the first day of the new beta of the best fortress mod yet. I would imagine there were alot of people, probebrly all, wanting to play some Q3F.

And by the sounds of it, he wasn't `messing around', he was playing Q3F, with God mode. Now i can understand the fun to be had by using the built in cheats, however to use invincability, whilst playing a competitive game is ludicrous. You can't tell me he was messing around, if he's acting as if he was playing like anyone else.

O

old.Possibly

I wasnt cheating I turned it on for less then 15 seconds at the end of the game i was playing al game without cheating!

S

ShockingAlberto

Igster clearly said he realised something was up when eh saw you take rockets without dying. If you sued it for 15seconds, then would you be fighting with God mode enabled?

Why dispute it?

O

old.Kez

Originally posted by InSaNe [NiQ]
for a name like "possibly" you deserved the ban.
So quaintly amusing, for its Uppy Downy Irony.

O

old.Lord Krem

Sad

There are a lot of sad, sad, little men in here I see. First of all cheating is cheating. I've never even played in God mode in single player. Besides god mode the only other things I've heard of are aim bots and wall hacks. Why did you really need to test it in the first place? Who cares. Reputation? I and most people don't give 2 f*cks about your or any admin, or anybody's reputation for that matter. If you can frag without cheating good for you. You've joined the masses of other Quake 3 players out there. If you've proven yourself a decent person, good for you. You've joined the masses of millions of people in this world. Do you want a cookie? If this is a forum full of 15 year olds, I must apologize in advance for my harsh words. Keep poppin' those zits, masturbation will make you go blind, keep tryin for that chick she might say yes someday, don't do drugs, stay in school, and if Quake is the only thing that matters to you in life, frag yourself cause you're going to cry in messageboards for the rest of your life.

S

Sar

You're all over the place there. Care to have a stab in the dark at making a point?

;)

O

old.Lord Krem

Point

Quit acting like a bunch of f*cking crybabies. Is that crystal clear enough for you? This is a game. Cheaters suck, and people who worry about their reputations need therapy.

S

ShockingAlberto

Then why bother posting?

We'd made it clear that whoever it was, was a right 'tard, and we'd owned all opposition(in the form of cham), so there was no doubt of this...

...Yet you just started it going again. Posting like you did is more sad/crap than him claiming he wern't cheating.

S

Sar

BTW: Who's Arfbandit and why is he suddenly a mod here too?

:confused:

:)

O

old.Lord Krem

Why bother posting.

I was hoping that people would see some light shed on the fact that this is only a game. Is there nothing better to do in a post then whine? I could whine all day about your grammatical structure, but thats not in my nature. To me a message board should be informative. This game has a MATURE rating on it. Shouldn't there then be MATURE people playing it? I don't see how pissing and moaning about reputation as an admin, reputation as a cheater, cheating, or pissing and moanin period is going to make you a better player or person for that matter.

S

ShockingAlberto

And how does whining about whiners achieve anything?

C

Chameleon

damn ive been in here too long, i dont even know when ive been owned any more ;)

btw, yes, wtf is Arfbandit and wtf made him moderator!? Especiialy someone whos name starts with something before 'C'! ;)

O

old.Lord Krem

Good Point

I'll quit whining about whiners now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom