STEAM Banished

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Looks good. Pretty much entirely created by one guy as well, by the looks of it. Impressive stuff.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Got this yesterday, and it's good but unforgiving. I set about my first town like it was settlers or something, building lots, putting stuff everywhere.

By the end of my second winter my 30 citizens was down to 7, and then finally 1 woman and child. I turned it off before they died of starvation in front of me.

Great game though, really enjoying it.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Played a couple more hours today, loving it. Closest to the feel of original settlers for a long time, with a bit more micro management.

leggy

Probably Scottish
nice to hear... will purchase now :)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm shite at RTS games and normally am not bother at all by them, but I like the look of this. Think I'll wait for a sale though :p

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Mmmm, tried it out. Didn't like it. (Not my type of game) - Looks pretty though.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It's not an rts, not in the sense of building an army or having enemies, it's all about supply chains, keeping people happy, fed and warm.

Looking forward to coping with disasters and stuff, and getting some different animals from the traders to raise.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So pretty much an RTS without as much ZERG RUSH KEKEKE in it :p

It's bonus day on Friday anyway, might pick it up then, been a long time (if ever) since I've played a game like it.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
its good fun if somewhat devoid of an "end game", just staying alive is hard enough
citizens age, breed, and die so you need to make sure you have enough children to replace the older people.. 0-10 = child, 10-20 = teenager (student if school, or working), 20+ adult
build houses to get them to breed, more full houses = less kids

babs

Can't get enough of FH
OK, so it's still early days but I'm really liking this. I was worried I'd quickly reach that tipping point you get in some games, where production way outweighs demand and the game dies.

Not so! I hadn't accounted for people dying of old age, or fishermen drowning. Every time I see the number of adults increase by one its like a mini party as I can now have another farmer, miner or whatever. Every time one of them shuffles off the mortal coil though it's a desperate rebalancing exercise.

Awesome game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom