Banhammer

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic has apparently banned 13,974 accounts (or is it chars?) for selling gold. Little graphic on their site showing this.

Is it just me or does that seem like a huge amount of accounts/chars for such a short period of time on a game that doesn't really have the gold issues that other games have? (as it's not that hard to get!)

Either way, good going Mythic/GOA :worthy:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Seems that even though gold is reasonably worthless in this game, someone is always going to try and profit from gold farming. Every new game is innundated with this crap and it's so damned annoying being spammed through emails, pm's broadcasts etc while your trying to have fun.

Nice job Mythic :)

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I reported every single one I recieved, many many did the same.
Adding the instant gold-seller report was a great idea imho.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I bet its characters. When you report someone its /rg or you go through via the help box, then the report shows the character name. This must flag something on the account which is part of a database.

When the GM perma bans the account, it must automatically ban all characters on that account. So lets assume a red flag/mark must go against all the characters in the database which belong to that account.

So that 13k number must count all the characters which have the red mark/flag against them (would be an easy number to obtain from the database).

my 2 pence

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
I reckon it's accounts, or as good as. There's no reason for a gold farmer to create more than one character on an account, since they won't be around long enough to get onto /ignore lists.

13k sounds like a lot, but if there is the kinda money in it that the proliferation of gold spammers in other games suggests, I suppose there could be a hell of a lot of wage slaves out there spending their days creating a new account every time one gets banned.

Hats off to Mythic and also to people using /rg

Afran

Part of the furniture
Now they just need to ban the people double-tagging a keep, ie. Destruction kills the lord whilst Order camps the balcony, they loot, Order kills the lord whilst Destruction kill the lord, rinse repeat.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I reckon it's accounts, or as good as. There's no reason for a gold farmer to create more than one character on an account, since they won't be around long enough to get onto /ignore lists.

13k sounds like a lot, but if there is the kinda money in it that the proliferation of gold spammers in other games suggests, I suppose there could be a hell of a lot of wage slaves out there spending their days creating a new account every time one gets banned.

Hats off to Mythic and also to people using /rg

Yes they will. They could make 5 characters, then log them in and use whatever addon/macro they have to spam millions of pm's. They then log out and log a new character in. That way anyone who ignored the first character will have to see it on the 2nd one.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
If it's accounts i'm impressed as that will make a big hole in their profits (which is why they do this). If it's characters that number is entirely meaningless.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Well you can just divide the number of characters by the max number of chars allowed per server. I wouldn't say the number then is meaningless, just inflated for PR purposes.

gordro

Fledgling Freddie
If it's accounts i'm impressed as that will make a big hole in their profits.

Well if its accounts it is only 1.8% of their accounts.

Was the number of accounts mentioned something like 750k? Or was that the number of subscribed accounts in total?

If the 750k was subscribed accounts, then the figure is even less, as they probably won't subscribe their accounts when using them as gold farmers :p

I wonder how many of those accounts were stolen from customers by the fun use of trojans on the gold sellers websites?

I wonder who is actually stupid enough to buy gold in the first place? In fact, here is a little compertition for those on KEP. If anyone can think of a USE for gold, theres a 4k prize purse up for grabs :p

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
thats number on mythics site hasnt changed in weeks s so dunno if theres any point in showing it tbh.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
also if the gold sellers then go out and buy another account thats another £30 in mythics pocket no? so if they keep banning them and they keep buying thats fine with them as they cash in on their folly? :p

Bahumat

FH is my second home
also if the gold sellers then go out and buy another account thats another £30 in mythics pocket no? so if they keep banning them and they keep buying thats fine with them as they cash in on their folly? :p

People dumb enough to go on their site to buy the gold probably get key logged thus they can get accounts that way.

Mr_Grumpy

Fledgling Freddie
Gold sellers in places liek china dont actually use the £30 box game system. They have a different system of getting online time with games that means they can just make new accounts all the time ( i think its done through their bansk etc)

Ibmurai

Fledgling Freddie
Now they just need to ban the people double-tagging a keep, ie. Destruction kills the lord whilst Order camps the balcony, they loot, Order kills the lord whilst Destruction kill the lord, rinse repeat.
You want to ban people for playing the game? I'm fairly new to the game, and I haven't experienced anything like that yet, but this seems like a problem with the game...
Wouldn't that be like banning "campers" in [insert random fps game here] because they play the game in a way you don't like?

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
thats number on mythics site hasnt changed in weeks s so dunno if theres any point in showing it tbh.

Glad to say it's been updated now to over 14,000 ;) i'd go on the site to give the exact number but it's blocked at work :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom