Bang goes my afternoon...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I see a sign for Vista Point, I'm looking around not exactly sure where it is. I turn around, frustrated, and there's the Golden Gate Bridge right in front of me. :D

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching international police car markings because it was literally the only thing I could use in the photo to help identify the country. Lightish blue bonnet with PM in big white letters - I was thinking Police Municipale so a french-speaking country somewhere but it looked like a dirt track in the middle of Australia.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
it keeps putting me on roads with nothing around for miles in any direction, i guessed Australia and it was the middle of Canada

rynnor

Rockhound
I think if you play it enough you can get an easy 5 - some are near impossible like a rough road in South America with minimal road markings surrounded by Jungle - or a northern hemisphere road in pine forest - no cars no road signs etc.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
I think if you play it enough you can get an easy 5 - some are near impossible like a rough road in South America with minimal road markings surrounded by Jungle - or a northern hemisphere road in pine forest - no cars no road signs etc.

Yeah, my highest scoring one so far was when my first three places all started with me at something really obvious. One was a signpost with an American flag, an Arizona state crest and a sign saying "Welcome to Parker" on it.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I expect they have a list of defined places, otherwise some would be just impossible. Me seeing the same roundabout in Brazil two days running backs this up somewhat.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
22559 I'm kind of annoyed about the Australian one. Two junctions that look almost exactly the same - I chose the wrong one and missed by 300 miles. I'm impressed with my Finland one though, despite missing by 100-odd miles, it was a guess based on one road sign for "spring thaw".

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Have any of you lot got one yet where it's just someone who has taken a panoramic picture? Those are bollox because you can't even move!

Fweddy

FH is my second home
32,368 is my best when using Google for research, 23,551 without.

In one game I got a panoramic of a scuba diver underwater. I didn't score very highly on that one.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Have any of you lot got one yet where it's just someone who has taken a panoramic picture? Those are bollox because you can't even move!

Yes.

One in shrubland.

One in the middle of a fucking lake. On a boat.

I don't have good luck.

DaGaffer

Yes, got one by a beach and was stuck there. I guess you could take a screenshot and run it through image search...

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Im quite proud I managed to get one located on Bonin Island.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Im quite proud I managed to get one located on Bonin Island.

I'm impressed. I stuck that into google maps and the pointer points to nowhere - in the middle of the sea without the island.

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
I'm impressed. I stuck that into google maps and the pointer points to nowhere - in the middle of the sea without the island.

I should say via research, one of the buildings was a restaurant that was featured on a blog.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Speaking of that Brazilian roundabout, it just popped up again for the 3rd time in two days. Has anybody else been greeted by this view?

geoguessr3.jpg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Speaking of that Brazilian roundabout, it just popped up again for the 3rd time in two days. Has anybody else been greeted by this view?

Not yet, but I have had a few repeaters. They could do with a slightly larger dataset for start points I reckon - but then I doubt they thought it'd be such fun for repeat action :)

32389 Which I guess is pretty much the max. Amazingly two I recognised immediately.

Which two?

DaGaffer

Not yet, but I have had a few repeaters. They could do with a slightly larger dataset for start points I reckon - but then I doubt they thought it'd be such fun for repeat action :)

Which two?

The harbour front in Cozumel, Mexico and the other one, also in Mexico, which I recognised from the same trip. Bizarrely I was on an overnight bus to Mexico City and we stopped right by the statue for a fag/loo break. Its some little town in Chiapas that I didn't even know the name of.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Latest go I have had a random dirt track, a random dirt track meeting a lake ferry and a random forest road, then Santa Vitoria Do Palmar (within 1km) then benidorm.

Massively luck based!

DaGaffer

I think we're at this point now:
geoguessr.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom