Ban all ROGUES they cheat!! Evidence inside

O

old.Del-Unger

Nice one Ottar

Took a while but at least theres hope in the people who can see humour department :)

Regards

Del

"Got any shrink me to luirken size potions left please barkeep"

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Ottar
Assassins will be stacckable by 20.

...mmmm better make them stack to 40 IMHO - with the upcoming increase in spec points there are ALOT of people making alts right now :p

D

Danya

Only one real reply to this thread required...
You, Sir, are an idiot. :p

O

old.Laico

In the early days of DaoC, the client got coordinates of stealthed characters, even if you dont see them. Then a dreaded 3rd party program was made, called Odin's Eye. It uncovered all stealth chars nearby, and Mythic changed the way stealth worked, being only server side, and then sending positional info to the client only when a stealth character IS VISIBLE to you. You will never see stealth they way you are telling, is not an engine limitation. Its total invisibilty to PREVENT CHEATING with 3rd party programs.

O

old.Laico

Originally posted by Jupitus

...mmmm better make them stack to 40 IMHO - with the upcoming increase in spec points there are ALOT of people making alts right now :p

Ppl get bored of assassins very quickly, because leveling them is a hell. 0.5-0.2 spec points dont make us uber. Almost all wannabe-assassins forget them before they reach lvl 20.

In excalibur/albion there are around 10 infiltrators higher than lvl 40.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Laico

Ppl get bored of assassins very quickly, because leveling them is a hell. 0.5-0.2 spec points dont make us uber. Almost all wannabe-assassins forget them before they reach lvl 20.

In excalibur/albion there are around 10 infiltrators higher than lvl 40.

Yep, but until they try it and then give up, at least they can interrupt our levelling with lots of /advice questions :rolleyes:

<stirs the pot some more>

S

Subbiz

all i can say to you Del: READ AND UNDERSTAND the bloody patch notes FULLY before u start whining.
they KNEW about the whole thing and they didnt correct it coz it would gimp all the SB's, Infils, etc.

S

Subbiz

Originally posted by Del-Unger
Oh i dunno 1.50 allows Paladins to be the only class that has a chant that breaks Mez lol

Gimped perhaps popular in 1.50 very much so.

Regards

Del

I think I've read that paladin heal chant, group heal(group friggs(shaman 26 mend skill) ie.), etc, doesnt break mezz.. but imo it would only be fair for the paladin.

O

old.Del-Unger

Subbiz

So aggresive must be the Vendo in you..

READ AND UNDERSTAND he crys!!

Humm Yes i did and if u had bothered to read the whole thread u might actually see,

I am taking the piss out of all of you lot that MOANED and whined about anyone who exploits = cheatz0r!

Actually i dont give a monkeys about patch 1.50 and rogues abusing a feature bug whatever lame excuse Mythic have pulled in there latest lie to the community.

What i would like to see is people who dont fly of the handle and read and construct there posts accordinly.

Anyway for you go see a Vet and get some vendo non-aggression pills they work wonders i have been told but are a bit big to swallow :)

Regards

Del

O

old.Del-Unger

Oh and as i was corrected earlier the pally chant does now not break mez 1.50 although it did on the test server, my apologies for being ill informed !!

Back to swotting up for my degree in Albion History.....

M

Meatballs

I think I've only oneshotted about 3 times and that was purely by accident, ban all the people who spec critblades though as they are abusing a bug :clap:

J

Jupitus

Hehe... need more of those drops you got last night mate ;)

S

SFXman

I think Del is a bit put-off by some earlier posts concerning him or some of his middy friends.

O

old.HiredGoon

Not being bothered to read crap all day long, i live with the danger of repeating someone:

To those who wonders:

Its a flaw since:

Its not intended, they found it wrong and to thier dislike.

They let us keep it since: We suck.

in 1.50 we will stop sucking quite that bad, and they feel it will be justified to remove it. Fair enough

And yes. it IS a legit tactic to use it, since they are accepting it as a feature until 1.50

I find it horribly stupid that we are able to do it.

Imagine:

You stab someone. the poor dude cries in horror, then pain, then gurgles and wither away in a puddle of blood.

if ANY one is near, they will notice :p

But, until we actually have a chance at stabbing someone, and then take on his friends afterwards, i find it a good and fair tactic for assassins to use, as long as they suck in standard melee..

after more points and rvr skills, we might have a better shot at taking down even greencon tanks :D

O

old.Kaylin

Hmmmmm so why dont we vote on banning all the assasins already, i never liked them that much.....

{Humor? whats that?}
Cmon guys, grow a little, hes MOCKING the system. Quit flamin him

P

Pillin

RE: hiredgoon

Imagine this: he puts his poisoned dagger in your throat, you fall to the ground gurgeling and silent, not able to make a sound..

Stealth killers are able to do it in rl, why the **** not in a world of magic ;)

O

old.Blackacid

Stealth killers are able to do it in rl

rofl you watch too much tv mate :D

maybe archers should get a sniper rifle and assasins a silenced handgun ? ... :)

woot and i wan't lightning comming out of my arse .. /bow

R

razorboy

That's the biggest mistake mythic ever made regarding changing classes. They really assassinated assassins this time. Our main role in keep raids is to assassinate enemies who are inside the keep or on the walls, how do we need to do that when we go out of stealth? In v1.50 this just means: kill - release - kill - release ...

We need to wait 30 minutes till we can find a sitting caster or lowbie to kill him, make sure our PA is lined up perfectly and we must be sure that no other enemies are around or we are dead. Now we can't even kill a sitting caster without getting a tank on us, how unfair is that ?

P

Pillin

Re: blackacid

Um yeah, so theres no way to kill someone without them making a lot of noice?

I imagine your drawing on your large personal experience here? :p

Fact is: you can kill someone without them making a lot of noice, hell even I can do that after my millitary service (or so they claim) then why shouldnt someone who has dedicated their entire life to just making that silent kill not be able to?

Aye I i know its bad english, but im from Norway so sue me ;)

O

old.Blackacid

aye i understand what you mean mate ..

i made a shadowblade myself i actually think a one shot kill with staying in stealth is the whole purpose of being an assasin , and don't say bah that would be to easy blah blah , to actually be able to do that perfect hit takes LOT of effort , time , patience etc

and i do have to agree with Ibuan here .. what is the role of an assasin in keep raids then ? to COUNT the defenders ? wooot i can feel my adrenaline going up allready.... NOT

so why should ppl be an "assasin" then ? just to run around stealthed wooot how thrilling damn that must be such a rush ...

luckily (?) for us goa is so facking slow with patching :) so we have some time to enjoy those one shot kills atm

just my opinion ...

N

)nick(

The official 1.50 version on the US test server still had the so called 'one-shot' bug. But when they put the patch live it suddenly wasn't possible anymore. It would've taken to much time and effort for mythic to put it 'right', so they didn't.

Past 1.50 there is no viable tactic for us to kill, assasinate, people seeing as we unstealth and all his buddies gank us. Also if the person who we try to one-shot doesn't die in one-shot then we can't stealth for 1 minute as mythic can't be arsed to fix the bleed/pet/poison bugs.

Its just one huge cock-up on their part. They should've handled this alot better.

O

old.Lonewolf

Just FYI been trying one shotting and not unstealthing on loads of greys recently and always gettting uncovered maybe they have done something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom