Baldur's Gate help

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Okay uhm, as far as not knowing what you should be doing, you should have found a note, or something, at the bottom of the tainted iron mines, leading to the guy's superiors, who're hiding out in... some, uh... forest, with a name which I can't remember. Anyway, at least if you're following the plot, that's where you should be going, I'm pretty sure. If I remember right, the place is in the northwest somewhere. Above and to the left of the Friendly Arm. I think.

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
If you find a scroll, give it to your mage, right click it then click scribe scroll or what ever it is.

That spell should now be in your spell book.

Magic missle is really crap in BG1, as its only really gets good once it fire 5 missles.

Edwin is a much better mage, but does not get along with minsc :p

Try pick up Kivan, he is a ranger who uses long bow, and using hit and run you can often take out whole camps using him.

Good level one spells for Mages are Charm Person, this spell is insane in BG1, you can charm nearly anyone, a good tip is, charm a hard bad guy e.g that wolf guy, once he is no longer use, set his weapon to fist, then attack him he only use his fist now :D

And chrosmatic(sp?) Orb is a nice spell for its blind and stun later on.
Once you get lvl 3 mage spells, life can get a bit more easy, as you will get fireball! teh daddah of spells in BG.

Also stock up on entangle with your druid, great spell mixed with range weapons.

Also if you have BG2, look up BGTuTu.

Orsolya

Fledgling Freddie
Hello everyone!

I've been playing this game for such a long time, now it's come to the end, I'm in the palace with Saverok, but whenever I kill everyone, a huge ball of fire kills me! This also happens, when I try to kill Saverok... Damn, he seems so much stronger than I! I'm a half elf, half fighter thief. My group's reputation is 20, (of course this goes down when I start killing the flaming fist members in the castle, when they attack me) I see no way out of it! I have several wands, all top gear equipment,(armour =-7) done most tasks, I am wearing the helm and Baldur's cloak. My team is pretty much at the same level as I, I also have a level 6 fighter with me. (myself being a level 5 I think)
This is getting so aggravating! I haven't played for a long time for exactly that reason, but I really want to know what happens... HELP!

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like saverok is just fireballing you when his minions die? I barely remember it :p I'd just go straight for him though. Use anything that bypasses his AC too. Lastly, aren't your levels a little low? I think all 6/7 was more normal than all 5 with one 6.

Orsolya

Fledgling Freddie
Mwahaha! I think i may have found my answer. Seems like others have been stuck at this point too. I'll share the quote:

'i cannot move forward from the Duke palace; everyone has been wiped out in massive fireball fight in the duke palace except Belt is still there and his companion -- and of course, sarovok! however, i have saravoks diary and nothing happens when I go up and try and talk to Belt. do i have to do something special with the diary? and is saravoks mage helper suppose to be visible here in order to teleport him out? all my games are saved here and i hope i didn't screw something up......just want to bring this game to completion. ANS: It really sounds like you did something wrong. Do you have a save game just prior to entering the Ducal Palace? My advice would be to restore that game and try again. What is supposed to happen is that you speak with Belt and mention the diary. Belt and his lady friend Liia must survive. This starts a fight with Sarevok, his henchmen, and his mage. Six of the noblemen at the coronation ceremony are really dopplegangers. Once you kill the henchmen, the mage will teleport out with Sarevok. Sarevok is invincible at this point so don't bother to fight him here. '

Orsolya

Fledgling Freddie
Besides I think the fireball was from a mage, who has the wand. I saw him a couple of times at one of the doors before I died... As I said, I really am not quite sure which level I'm at. I shall check ;)

Oh, and what's this I read about Jahera's romance plot? My hero is a girl anyway, so no chance honey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom