Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition +

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Next month is the release of Baldurs Gate Enhanced edition. This is basically BG1 + expansion, code is cleaned up, many buges fixed etc etc, some new content and more content planned. Small graphical updates AND, better online multiplayer gaming.

Any folks here interested?

I for one am looking forward to playing a coop with 5 other ppl in story mode.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
When i first heard about this i must admit i had a small wet dream of a Neverwinter Nights 2 style baldurs gate, but i already have the combo pack with all of them so doubt i will be buying it again :)

edit: and theres a bigger thread over in the RPG section :p

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
When i first heard about this i must admit i had a small wet dream of a Neverwinter Nights 2 style baldurs gate, but i already have the combo pack with all of them so doubt i will be buying it again :)

edit: and theres a bigger thread over in the RPG section :p

its tweaked engine, all the bugs (in theory) fixed, new resolution, all the stuff that was left out, new companions, expansion pack built in.. on one dvd? im in like flynn tbfh

but i know what youre saying ;)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Getting this! Probably buy the ipad version too.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Two and a half month delay 4 days before release. Well, a delay is always a good thing in my book. (An exception to this rule is Duke Nukem Forever)

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Two and a half month delay 4 days before release. Well, a delay is always a good thing in my book. (An exception to this rule is Duke Nukem Forever)

Duke Nukem (took) Forever. :p
ah well, My dissertation should be done by the time it comes out at least.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
CBA to Google: Is this a remake of just the first baldur's gate? what about the expansion? or Baldur's gate 1 & 2 rolled together?

Mabs

its 1+the addon, plus all the stuff that was never fixed, plus some new stuff, plus the , er, 3.5 ? rules, so BG2 basically, has character kits, and new classes that werent in either, wild mage, and so forth, plus a few new party members, higher resolution, blah blah

its basically an overhaul ;)

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone know what the current deal is with this, is it still slated for 30th November release? What's this about having to get it from some thing called beamdog?

Nate

FH is my second home
It all looks a bit odd to me but then so does a lot of things these days.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmmms think I'll have to go Pre order this tomorrow. Not seeing any news of an actual disk release on amazon or suchlike.

Mabs

there is no box, at all
Beamdog is the download store that has the deal to release it. you can get it through their "client" downloader or just download the installer, its been out for pre-load for a few days, its release day is tomorrow, not sure if EU or US though

Vae

Resident Freddy
iOS version delayed until next week to fix a game-stopping bug as they then have to resubmit to Apple. Not sure that PC version is affected. Android version was already delayed until Dec.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
indeed. however I've tried following the links off the BG website and it's having none of it. won't they think of the children!?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Nothing is really improved in this version. Nothing that justifies a re-release for 20 units of money of whichever currency.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
cost about £12.
worth it just for the support for widescreen high-res displays. + there's new characters, new content, etc. hardly a premium price considering that you can pay that for the original version on a budget label on some sites.

Mabs

cost about £12.
worth it just for the support for widescreen high-res displays. + there's new characters, new content, etc. hardly a premium price considering that you can pay that for the original version on a budget label on some sites.

what he said

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If you do not own the original version, it is definately worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom