bah figging crap motorola razr :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
they may look good, but tbh inho they are aluminium clad shite :/

seen on another forum said:
Razr is like a B-grade actor...it looks much better than it works. If it were an actor, it would probably get bit parts in Aaron Spelling TV shows.

ever since I got the RAZR, based on a whim ofc -no research at all-, as I only make calls and texts and don't use my phone for anything else (partly due to the Dutch telecom companies all being *****, partly due to the fact that I *already* have an mp3 player/camera/agenda thing) I thought it would be ok.

so, after having gotten the thing it was broken within a week: the pretty laser-cut keypad stopped working after a ride around town in my pocket. That got fixed, and the phone was fine imo. Despite a slight dwindling in battery life, and the fact that sending text messages with it is pure hell due to the crap software everything seemed to be going well with it.
Yesterday, after another ride about town the tft packed it in. Sure, it was raining and all that but the phone was in my backpack for crying out loud. Now I have a phone with no screen! Last night it totally didn't work, this morning it will turn on -though it's kinda hard to work with when you can't see shit eh?

I want a new phone! Someone recommend me one!

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Orange SPV C600!

It'll be called something different in dutchyland I imagine but that's the best phone I've ever had. Great if you want to do shit loads of stuff with it, and great if you just want to text and call. Proper adults phone tbh, none of this fancy schmancy bullshit :D

Whipped

Part of the furniture
My girlfriend's got one of those RAZR things, and I can agree that they are utter shite.

I got myself an all singing, all dancing Eten M600. Which is currently off for repair for between 4-6 weeks. So probably best not to get one of those either.

If you don't want anything fancy, grab a Nokia 6310 from eBay. They are indestructible and perfectly fine for text and phone. :)

TdC

hmm. I'm not really an Orange fan, but I'll look up that phone and see what they offer as a provider.

also I am tempted by the Nokia 5140i, because it seems very rugged indeed. I'm also tempted by the 6230i, because it looks regular but can do a lot of stuff, and the 6681 cos it looks chunky (but I think it cant do as much as the 6230i)

I know nothing of phones! help meh!

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The SPV is basically an iMate with Orange software and a badge added. I had a Windows smartphone until quite recently (Motorola MPx220), which was OK I suppose. just make sure you get a Windows Mobile 5.0 version, and I wouldn't recommend the Motorola (or any Motorola) because of their utterly shit T9 texting software. I've got a Nokia N80 now, which is quite nice, but if you've got fat fingers, forget it, the keyboard is fiddly as fuck.

Depends what you want, if you don't want smartphone functions and just want something that's good at making calls/texts, I'd probably get an SE K750i which is probably the best handset you can get free, at least here in the UK.

Aada

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
they may look good, but tbh inho they are aluminium clad shite :/

ever since I got the RAZR, based on a whim ofc -no research at all-, as I only make calls and texts and don't use my phone for anything else (partly due to the Dutch telecom companies all being *****, partly due to the fact that I *already* have an mp3 player/camera/agenda thing) I thought it would be ok.

so, after having gotten the thing it was broken within a week: the pretty laser-cut keypad stopped working after a ride around town in my pocket. That got fixed, and the phone was fine imo. Despite a slight dwindling in battery life, and the fact that sending text messages with it is pure hell due to the crap software everything seemed to be going well with it.
Yesterday, after another ride about town the tft packed it in. Sure, it was raining and all that but the phone was in my backpack for crying out loud. Now I have a phone with no screen! Last night it totally didn't work, this morning it will turn on -though it's kinda hard to work with when you can't see shit eh?

I want a new phone! Someone recommend me one!

Those RAZR phones look cheap man i'd never buy one with that cheap looking silver key pad.

If your really not bothered about what your phone can do get the indestructable Nokia phone ive seen that thing chucked across rooms and it doesn't break. Doesn't look to shabby either.

TdC

nah that keyboard is pretty! I'm back on an old nokia atm. lucky I had one about the house still. not too sure if I'll even get a new phone now, this old one is of the "you can drop me three floors down into a swimming pool and I'll still work" type :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Aada said:
If your really not bothered about what your phone can do get the indestructable Nokia phone ive seen that thing chucked across rooms and it doesn't break. Doesn't look to shabby either.

That's a bold statement but I do not believe that there exists a phone that can withstand a Pro Evo Soccer induced rage. ('s how I lost my beloved 6210 :\).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Teeds I have a Sony V800 I can flog you for next to nowt if you like. Its in reasonable condition and works fine, and is unlocked.

sony-ericsson-v800-5.jpg

Its not a bad phone, battery life is ok, and its very robust (as witnessed by the plethora of bangs and scratches its got!)

TdC

cheers Tom, but I found an old nokia at home that still works, so I'm using that instead. thanks for the offer though!

Sar

Part of the furniture
Motorolas are shit tbh.

Any one I've ever tried has started going to shit within 8/9 months. The wife has one atm, and the reception & transmission quality on it is degrading faster than an acid soaked corpse lying in the midday sun.

I have the k700i by Sony Ericsson atm, and it's fine, but I reckon my next one will be a Nokia again, as they've always been great.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I did a job last year in the Phones4U place where they repair customer's phones.

The vast majority of the boxes on the shelves were Motorolas. The vast majority of those Motorolas were Razr phones.

Draw your own conclusions....

Poag

m00?
Strange, i have V3 razor and never had an issue with it until one of my fatter friends sat on it and even then they onyl cracked the front screen.

Found texting was really good with it, i've droppe dit in water and trodden on it a few times and aside the scratches never had any problems with it.

Battery life got a bit iffy but I had had it for over a year when i repalced it with the new V3X version.

This one has also been rained on, trodden on, dropped, traveled around the world and otherwise abused and still...not a single problem with it, had it for about 3 months now i think.

I had this sony ericsson before hand, Z600? i think, also good dropped ansd trodden on, however that died pretty quick and was replaced by the V3 I had above.

Not had a single issue with the old one or the new one to date.

-Gale

Tilda

I agree with Gale,
Had my Razr nearly a year now, no problems what so ever.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I 3rd that I have gave my wife it as I now have the v3x, no problems at all, you guys must just have fat fucking fingers!!!!

TdC

I dunno then, maybe I just lucked out with a dodgy one :/

Tilda

So I got a call yesterday saying what phone I'd want to upgrade too!
What do I choose!?
The guy in the orange shop said they'ed be getting 5 new moto phones in the next month but that he couldnt talk about it. Anybody heard anything about them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom