Baffled - Guild betas/personal invites

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, colour me baffled.

A while ago (how many months), people went to great lengths to sort out guild beta details, stiring up much excitment in the community and inhouse within guilds.

5? Months later, not a word on anything, indeed quite a lot of people on a certain list belogning to a certain guild have thereafter been invited to Test WAR on a personal invite.

this is bordering on a moan, but not a fully blown one ;)

Just interested in what the situation is at the moment regards the game and Guild Betas, have they been cancelled or something? Was it a clever marketting ploy to stir up interest? Have plans changed?

Just interested :D

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
From another post:

Yep, a big wave just went out, this was not the guild beta (as I've said before we'll announce that separately) but was a general wave across all the European communities.

Fear not, they are just getting more people in, I think it was said there would be no 'Open Beta' but I presume with so many guilds applying the middle to last invites will be the guild ones. ;)

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
It is still coming "soon" Vaya, last official word was that it would be early 2008 which in my book means by the end of March.

I do think guilds should be allowed to resubmit their list though, especially as now several members of those lists have already secured a spot and that the system information is probably out of date.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
As far as I know they are still working on the guild system (still bugged etc).
Once that's sorted the invites will prob go out soon :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I wish they'd bloody invite me. I've been good this year!

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Afaik, the guild beta's were about to come, but then they had to shut down the beta testing entirely because they were going through a major revamp. That delayed the guild beta even more I guess. But there have been 2 waves of personal invites lately, so you could speculate the guild beta will come soonish too.

rynnor

Rockhound
An alternative view is that the delay to guild beta implies further delays to WAR itself - these beta waves are all triggered by levels of readiness in the code.

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
We talking about GOA here thought :(

Has nothing to do with GOA at all tho, like always people like to point fingers at GOA for all random issues that they can't control.

Mythic have the ball on Guild Beta. They will decide when the game is at a state where they want guilds to test the guild functions.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I said "could" and "speculate", I'm not sure if I could express myself more carefull ;)

SonicBorg

Regular Freddie
If guild beta is delayed because they are doing a "revamp". then good, means they came up with a great new idea which will be a big improvement. this hopefully means less whining on retail.

From what i heard, there are some guilds who are already on a guaranteed beta invite ? (i might have misheard this, or its rhumours) Ie. some big named old DAoC guilds. If thats the case, i am guessing that is the "first wave" of guild-beta invites done just there.

I sent a letter to the Easter bunny asking for a Beta-invite in my egg!

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I'm assuming that they might allow guilds to send updated lists with different players if some of the nominated guild players have already been invited.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I'm assuming that they might allow guilds to send updated lists with different players if some of the nominated guild players have already been invited.

Back in the days Requiel told me that this wouldn't be possible, i know for sure that in Us Beta it is actually possible. So i do hope Goa will change policy on this side too.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Back in the days Requiel told me that this wouldn't be possible, i know for sure that in Us Beta it is actually possible. So i do hope Goa will change policy on this side too.

There are a lot of things that need to be ironed out regarding the logistics of sending out invites for the guild beta. Obviously we're aware that it's been a while since the original guild lists were sent to us and a lot will have changed in that time - a lot of guild members may have personal invites, 'politics' may have happened or any number of things. We'll be talking to our counterparts at Mythic to agree on a good way to deal with that and when it's time to announce that phase we'll be able to explain how it will work.

vayasen

Fledgling Freddie
No worries, I was just after a little calrification thats all. Its not life or death or anything, just felt left in the dark somewhat.

Indeed, I have to say, in recent Months, news from the game has gone a long way to restoring my faith in this title.

6 Months all we heard was PR in this format:

'Scenarios are amazing places where you bea tthe living snot out of each other...blah blah blah'

When all they were saying was 'we have copied WOWs BGs and made they look/feel Warhammer esque'

This apparent (looking from an outsiders point of view) turnaround back towards REAL RVR, is very impressive and it is shaping up very promising. That kind of change in focus/direction takes time and IMO, if its true and the game is swinging back towards DAOC roots (so to speak) then in my books, take as long as you want.

PS- just not TOO long eh ;)

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Surely you mean "Take as long as you like AFTER the guild invites go out" :)

Deathsprit

Fledgling Freddie
i was just woundering if there are more waves of invites for the closed beta, coz it dos say that there are more coming as the battle rages on, that was the last bit of news i read, but will that be Guild invites or individual invites.

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
i was just woundering if there are more waves of invites for the closed beta, coz it dos say that there are more coming as the battle rages on, that was the last bit of news i read, but will that be Guild invites or individual invites.
There will be more waves of invites coming out. If you didn't get in this time, you might have better luck with the next wave.

In short, don't worry. :)

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Thinking about it they invited a load of people for a reason, they are probably testing something specific, I would guess the elven area. I imagine the guild beta will come after they are done with that.

If the last elf classes are released in the next few weeks then I'm probably correct. Give 4-5 weeks for testing the elves and I'd predict guild beta then. Say last week of March first week of April.

There, that's my educated guess, and I'll stake my reputation on it. If you say I don't have a reputation then I'd agree but I hope to gain one with this prediction :p

<veiled red dwarf quote anyone?>

Deathsprit

Fledgling Freddie
thx u have eased my mind.

Dark Elves look amazing i would kick but with the Sorceress, sry little of topic there :twak:

was just a little worryed coz im not part of a Guild and if the Guild invites were next, then will that mean no more individual invites?

wen do they release the newsletters is it at the end of the month?

Kremlik

Fledgling Freddie
thx u have eased my mind.

Dark Elves look amazing i would kick but with the Sorceress, sry little of topic there :twak:

was just a little worryed coz im not part of a Guild and if the Guild invites were next, then will that mean no more individual invites?

wen do they release the newsletters is it at the end of the month?

The newsletter normally hits my mail box on the very last day of the month so if your mail doesn't hold them back to read them, expect the same..

I'm suspecting the guild invites will come with the focused full on RVR testing as thats quite probable that thats when people are required the most, which if the timetable predictions are true should be next month (guessing this as the guild beta was ment to be the end of last year/begining of this (ish) and the beta was shut down two months therefore everything is delayed 2 months), however I highly dought the guild beta will mark the end of indy invites as stress tests and a wider scope of pc specs will be required before release for sure

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
Even with all the guilds being invited that is probably still only a few thousand people. They will be invited to test the guild mechanics across the board.

They won't be invited to test RvR specifically as they can do that with focused testing using the people they have. In fact they are probably doing that now.

In a month when they invite the guilds I would guess the RvR testing will be done with the exception of the guild mechanics involving RvR such as keep claiming.

That would leave 3 months of testing, a few weeks for guilds, and two months for stress testing and whatever else is left, leading to release late in the spring.

Whilst this is all conjecture it fits nicely to the currently available information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom