Bad taste joke = prison sentence

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
People just have gone way overboard with their "rights". When you look at your real rights, given by law and individual countries, there's not much that you're entitled to.

Most pisses me off when it seeps into the gaming culture.

Mey

Part of the furniture
The problem is freedom of speech is often linked with freedom from responsibility. Just because you can say something doesn't mean you should.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Does this have to be said?
Does this have to be said right now?
Does this have to be said right now by me?

Think it was, umm....craig ferguson perhaps? Good way to go.

Not that i follow it in these forums or anything ;)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
4 months!
This is seriously getting out of hand and is entirely based on short term public opinion, what happened to judicial impartiality, it has been thrown out of the window.
These sentences need referring to the Lords!

opticle

Part of the furniture
Depends if you believe in "Right" and "Wrong" behaviour :) - but then who gets to decide that.. and it becomes dangerous, as Scouse says, because inevitably some human cunt on the other side of the line will abuse it.

That Johnny Five pic does make a pretty good point. I agree with that. :coffee:

..But I still think it's Ok to punish people burning poppies and shouting things at memorial services pretty harshly.

I'm not sure how those two match up :)

opticle

Part of the furniture
4 months!
This is seriously getting out of hand and is entirely based on short term public opinion, what happened to judicial impartiality, it has been thrown out of the window.
These sentences need referring to the Lords!

To be honest, if that were your sister, how would you feel ? Again, he is a fucking cunt and he was a fucking cunt on purpose in a directly offensive and intentionally hurtful manner in public. I really couldn't care less what happened to him. It's not like he's standing up for beliefs or morals that are justifiable.

I'm assuming we're not saying beliefs that celebrate and encourage the killing of others are acceptable ? If so, then this Freddyshouse "Freedom of Speech" parade has gone too far down the politically correct liberal route and is doing it's own ridiculous form of extremism.

The sentence is disproportionate, but you think it's okay to let someone do that ? And not just that, but the law should protect him from any kind of consequences to his actions ? (which it does). That isn't justice.

Job

We routinely attack foreign governments for crushing free speech and we now routinely do it ourselves under the guise of offence, which exactly the reasoning they use and we call them corrupt.
It's a fucking joke.

opticle

Part of the furniture
I think the fact saying things like that without consequence or responsibility is considered "Free Speech" and a "Human Right" is a fucking joke.

It's an insult to the people that fought for those Rights.

Job

Yes it's insulting and offensive, but that's all drawing Mohammed is to Muslims, but they will kill you for it and now we our locking people up for it, slippery slope has been stepped on.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Yes it's insulting and offensive, but that's all drawing Mohammed is to Muslims, but they will kill you for it and now we our locking people up for it, slippery slope has been stepped on.

Fair point. It's a difficult line to step around. But I wouldn't say we're killing people for it just yet. That's the point - the punishment has to be proportionate.

I suspect the length of the sentence has much more to do with the fact that this guy is a career criminal with 29 convictions for about 70 offences. Judges don't tend toward leniency with people like that.

Lol. Pld :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
4 months inside for wearing an 'offensive' T shirt??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-19911943

Absolutley disgraceful.

I don't like anyone getting murdered. But why should he have to care?Why can't he not like cops - and not like them enough to wear a t-shirt that says what he thinks.

When the pope dies and I wear my "I'm glad the Pope's dead" T-Shirt, am I going to be locked away simply for being me?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not sure how those two match up :)

They don't.

Intellectually you agree with my points. Emotionally you want to hurt people who do stuff you don't like.

Thinking with our emotions is the incorrect way to deal with stuff that hurts us.

To be honest, if that were your sister, how would you feel ?

Who gives a fuck?

Humans, in general, do not feel every death as badly as someones family member - and that is good, correct and right.

It's a fact of life that humans don't feel that way - or we'd be maudlin cunts unable to get out of wallowing in self-pity.

The ability to shrug off nasty words and think "he's a cunt" is all we really need. We're the cunts if we expect more.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I personally welcome anyone to say anything about me, any member of my family, friends, or otherwise. For one the people i know can defend themseles without me whiteknighting it and for another...

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Dangerous precident tbh, sad thing is it really isn't even a precident.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Because maybe just maybe we subscribe to a social contract. I love how you lefty human rightists defend those who infringe on other peoples human rights but as soon as your own have a bit of their own medicine your up in arms.

Celebrating the murder of two british police officers is wrong.
Celebrating the murder of a young girl is wrong.

As it offends public decency, what don't you understand about this?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
we subscribe to a social contract

Tosh! What contract? I never signed up to anything and I owe nobody anything.

As it offends public decency, what don't you understand about this?

Who's public decency? I'm not offended and last time I looked I'm one of "the public".

What don't you understand about that?

opticle

Part of the furniture
Intellectually I agree with you to a point. It depends how much you believe in absolutes of "Right" and "Wrong" behaviour and "Justice" and how you define them.

These people are doing something which I consider wrong and deserves fair punishment of some kind - which they would quite likely receive if the law didn't protect them from it.

They're abusing Free Speech because they can get away with it these days, and I do think that's insulting to all the people who fought for Free Speech and died for worthy causes.

Then again, as you say, perhaps we should just call them cunts and ignore them - and let society do the rest. That's probably the "fair punishment" I'd like anyway. The police and the courts should probably be doing better things with their time.

Dammit.

Job

True the real justice is handed out by society he will be even more shunned than he was even some of his ragass mates will disown him redemption could come from a public apology

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
These people are doing something which I consider wrong and deserves fair punishment of some kind - which they would quite likely receive if the law didn't protect them from it.

Fair punishment is to be reviled and shunned by the rest of society. Pretty sure the law doesn't protect them from that.

They're abusing Free Speech because they can get away with it these days, and I do think that's insulting to all the people who fought for Free Speech and died for worthy causes.

You can't 'abuse' free speech. And what is insulting to people who fought and died for the idea of free speech is the slow erosion of what people are allowed to say and the encroachment of the State into punishing those who say something the majority find 'offensive'.

Then again, as you say, perhaps we should just call them cunts and ignore them - and let society do the rest. That's probably the "fair punishment" I'd like anyway. The police and the courts should probably be doing better things with their time.

Dammit.

Yep, this is how it should be.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What stops me reporting all the pages on this forum to the police then?
Me :p I will come over to where you live, bend you over and fuck you up the arse till you bleed.

Seriously though, I cannot understand how someone can be prosecuted for how they feel however they express themselves... examples...
  • Chilly is a fat cunt (ouch I dissed the fat people amongst us, arrest me)
  • Zarjazz is a northern bastard (ouch I dissed a scummy minority of our population from Newcastle, burn you fuckers!)
  • DaGaffer is a terrorist (ouch I dissed someone who lived in london and moved to Ireland to train in small close range weapons, albeit he was holding his cock for the entire training course)

Personally I think the following:
  • Ray Wilkins is a cunt for being a shit tv presenter of football
  • Hamiltard is a cunt for moving to Mercedes
  • Cameron is a cunt for not being more harsh on the rich bastards of this country
  • Ed Milliband is a cunt for being part of labour
  • @everyfuckeronFH is a cunt for whatever, bleh.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Me :p I will come over to where you live, bend you over and fuck you up the arse till you bleed.

Seriously though, I cannot understand how someone can be prosecuted for how they feel however they express themselves... examples...
  • Chilly is a fat cunt (ouch I dissed the fat people amongst us, arrest me)
  • Zarjazz is a northern bastard (ouch I dissed a scummy minority of our population from Newcastle, burn you fuckers!)
  • DaGaffer is a terrorist (ouch I dissed someone who lived in london and moved to Ireland to train in small close range weapons, albeit he was holding his cock for the entire training course)

Personally I think the following:
  • Ray Wilkins is a cunt for being a shit tv presenter of football
  • Hamiltard is a cunt for moving to Mercedes
  • Cameron is a cunt for not being more harsh on the rich bastards of this country
  • Ed Milliband is a cunt for being part of labour
  • @everyfuckeronFH is a cunt for whatever, bleh.

I REPORTED YOU TO THE GESTAPO KGB QRTHQATEHGET

*Awaits eagerly*

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
but i thought the worst part is that deebs is chelsea fan... bah :p

rynnor

Rockhound
mr.Blacky said:
but i thought the worst part is that deebs is chelsea fan... bah :p

What - you mean he can only perform said acts whilst wearing a chelsea shirt?

Your not secretly David Mellor eh Deebs? :p

Job

If someone breaks in and trashes your house youre better off scribbling mohammed is a faggot on the walls then the police might actualy look for them and theyll have a lot more chance of going to jail

opticle

Part of the furniture
Fair punishment is to be reviled and shunned by the rest of society. Pretty sure the law doesn't protect them from that.

You can't 'abuse' free speech. And what is insulting to people who fought and died for the idea of free speech is the slow erosion of what people are allowed to say and the encroachment of the State into punishing those who say something the majority find 'offensive'.

Yep, this is how it should be.

Curse you for making me agree with you.

Also, props to Deebs' post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom