Bad news for BT ADSL customers.

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
cHodAX said:
Thanks for the recommendations Snoz, both sound good and not much more than I am paying BT for 512k but Nildram seem to have a great reputation so I will consider them when BT impose the cap.
With Nildram, can highly recommend them. Only ISP I know that has phoned me back after they've fixed a problem to check everything is working fine.

As for the email stuff, best way round it is register a domain I guess, yeah you'll have to switch things this time round, but at least it allows you to do further switches in future and not worry about email address changing.

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Been an internet gamerfor more years than I will admit to :D I set up a hotmail account as the first thing I did since I figured that with all the dial-up options and ISPs about at the time of the real internet "boom" the only real player I could see lasting was microsoft. I've been with BT for a longtime now (thru from ISDN to DSL) and while their technichal support may not be much shout about generally I've had no outages at all. OFC it helps that I live in the middle of the country (Northants) in a place known as a communication and distribution centre for the country so I'd imagine we get a good service compared perhaps to more remote areas. No intention of changing ISP and since I don't download much at all why I should since I'm happy with what I get?

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Feel so lucky that im living in Sweden, never had any download limits and i had several diffrent providers. Sitting on a 10mbit connection atm, works nice. :)

Feel sorry for you brits though.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
snoz said:
Plusnet or Nildram are only choices imo for adsl .. . Plusnet = £40 2mbit no download caps. Nildram who im with and dropped their prices today to £45 for 2mbit no cap. With nildram i get great usenet access for all my download needs and also 20ms ping to daoc servers no link deads etc etc. Nildram mostl ikely have the best routing in uk. They are a proper isp not one of these ADSL only ones or a telecomms company.

www.nildram.net
Been with Nildram for years, ace ISP. :clap:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Cyfr said:
Not having broadband for 2+weeks would stop me from changing, as im not a mad downloader but like to download a few games/movies a month..
Like atm on with freeserve, but they dont offer migration and I wanna move.. lucky im moving house soon so can get it as soon as I move in :)

dude if you move house its £25 fee then if you wanna change from FS you better be out of contract or you have to pay off the remaining months :p . then it takes 10 days for BT to take FS/wanadoo off the line

With Nildram, can highly recommend them. Only ISP I know that has phoned me back after they've fixed a problem to check everything is working fine.

we do that too :D also someone said about signing a contract with BT for no download caps - BT cant put it on existing customers unless its in the contract that you agreed the service can change without notice and when ever BT wants. then you be fucked :(

Flawless

Fledgling Freddie
been using bt for years.. without actaully not a single problem, worst thing to happen is LD and unable to connect for 2-3 minutes. that happened twice in over a year.

if it is true, and one day i cant log on cause of some bandwidth restrictions.. ill leave bt immediatly. hopefully its just for new customers.. because new customers can go other isp instead.

they sent me no emails about this so, live in hope.

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
It doesn't come into effect until 2005 or so Flawless but it is, I believe, aimed at current customers as much as new ones. They want to get rid of that 10% that hog the bandwidth and keep the other 90% :)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Flawless said:
been using bt for years.. without actaully not a single problem, worst thing to happen is LD and unable to connect for 2-3 minutes. that happened twice in over a year.

if it is true, and one day i cant log on cause of some bandwidth restrictions.. ill leave bt immediatly. hopefully its just for new customers.. because new customers can go other isp instead.

they sent me no emails about this so, live in hope.

Emails are in the process of being sent out, ALL customers are effected but the cap doesn't start till late 2004 or early 2005.

Eredan

Fledgling Freddie
I've been with BT for just over a year now and have had very very few problems, only suffering from the occasional outage (2 in a year isn't bad at all) compared to my previous Blueyonder connection which was down 60% of the time.

In regards to their CS it could improve a bit but the few times i've needed to call they have been polite and quick to log the fault on my line. Telewest on the other hand had you almost uninstall your OS, unplug all household appliances and park your car so it faced west just to find out the problem is always on their end.

I do think its very bad that BT have imposed a 15Gb limit per month on 512k ADSL but i won't be affected due to not downloading :sex: or music :) . 15Gb is plenty for most people or should i say for most normal people.

Since they have lowered the price on both 512k and 1Mb ADSL i can now switch over to 1Mb for the same price i used to pay for 512k and get the added benefit of 30Gb download usage.

BT aren't so bad, theres a lot worse out there <cough> like Teleworst!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
How can anyone manage to use 15 gigs bandwidth a month legally anyway?

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
SilverHood said:

Downloading movies ofc!... erm... daoc ones to keep it on topic etc yeah that would work ;P

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
SilverHood said:

I easily go past 15gb a month purely downloading the latest Linux distros and MS tech cd's, plus game demos and movie trailers. That is just the legit stuff :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom