Bad Framerate!!!

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
i restarted my pc recently to give it a spring clean :) installed everything updated everything went to play daoc and it was fine. Then a day l8r i would be runnin solo around emain and my frame rate would drop from 40 to 8 making it unplayable. Before i restarted my pc it wasnt perfect but it wasnt as bas as this does anyone know how i can sort this problem

my pc is a AMD 3000, 1 Gig of Ram, ATI 9600 128mb, 120 harddrive about 40 gig left. Ive turned all the gfx on low preformance on GFX card set DAOC to play with highest framerate

Herjulf

Banned
driver drivers drivers, oh did i mention drivers?
ALL these drivers downloaded from chipset manuf, ATI, soundblaster(?) thus straight from the source and NO from the box ass cream.

1. chipset drivers
2. reboot
3. gfx drivers
4. soundcard drivers (might be the IRQ handling thing causing running through SYRUP lag)
5. reboot
6. latest direct-x
7. check that all is up to date and that your agp bus is running @x8+

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Don't alwyas use manufacturers downloadable drivers. For example dont use ATI drivers, use omega drivers instead.

Gradual slowdown issues are often related to your virtual memory settings. Make sure the OS is managing the allocation itself (or a sufficently large allocation is set) and ideally the swap file should be on a seperate partition by itself.

p.s. the difference between a 9600 on a 8X agp and a 9600 on even 2X agp will not be noticable and in fact in alot of cases improves the compatiablity/reliability of your system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom