Bad framerate --> No logic

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
Well, If there isn't any overheating or other faults, why am i running so low FPS ? It is the same in dungeon siege 2 as in DaoC btw :/

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, agree with naffets the third reading has to be an error, however you could try running with the case open and maybe a desktop fan blowing into the case and see if it improves your problems any, at any rate whether or not the temperatures are causing problems I'd certainly look into better case cooling also cleaning dust deposits from inside your case can improve temperatures slightly as can keeping wires tidy an untidy case can restrict airflow drastically.

Also in speedfan can you select the S.M.A.R.T tab select your hard disk from the drop down menu and then click "perform an in depth analysis of this drive"

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Just noticed the 12v reading looks a bit low not sure if that could be a problem or not, mine run very close to what they should be so not really sure whats an acceptable difference, maybe someone else could shed some light?

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
hmm i have had the same problem as the original poster , get constant fps lag but this is something that just happened maybe 2 month's ago, before that i ran dual log on same comp on ml/relic raids with zero problems, and suddenly 1 day nope.

using p4 3.2ghz 2 gig 400 ddr , leadtek winfast 6600gt 128 pci-express , 7200rpm 8mb cache 200gig. more info then that ain't really needed but i can say i had the top of the line 1 year ago.

well my probs has gone so far that i've decided to but 7800gtx 512 so tired of lag in every game and not being able to play FEAR with max graphics anymore.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
no system can run fear at _max_ detail (If you count 16x AF and 12 x AA) edit: and 1600 x 1200

so :p

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
well, Ive taken away the chasi etc and i have a more "open" space. But there is no improvements in the fps :/ still bad. So its not overheating problem either. Maybe there is something else ? I mean, maybe its not the grapfic card itself, maybe it is a cpu thing that is not activated or deactivated... i dunno really :/

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
doh ! another problem have come up now, before I started to adjust settnings etc on my card I didnt had any fault I could play 2 accs and use /stick on the other and didnt drop stick. But now Im getting strange gfx bugs and I can no longer /stick without losing it and many lag ghosts have appear, never occured in that number before. :(

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Coca, do you run in windowed mode all the time? Also are you running a dual monitor setup ?

Also is there a difference does anyone know between windowed and non windowed mode for Frame rate ?

This is an open question since I don't honestly know.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
In my experience, windowed mode has more tendancy to stutter depending on what other windows/apps are open.

Not tried it on my new system though.

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
SkarIronfist said:
Coca, do you run in windowed mode all the time? Also are you running a dual monitor setup ?

Also is there a difference does anyone know between windowed and non windowed mode for Frame rate ?

This is an open question since I don't honestly know.

Im running window mode as I always have, coz if I running 2 x full screen and want to alt tab then one of the accounts goes LD.

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
CocaCola said:
Im running window mode as I always have, coz if I running 2 x full screen and want to alt tab then one of the accounts goes LD.

Change both clients to /clientsleep background i think it is and that should solve that, also you could set background services to have priority, that has been known to improve stability during dual logging.

(Right click my computer > Advanced > performance Settings > Advanced > Select Background Services, click Apply and ok.

My 9800 pro never did like windowed mode. <33 my X1800XL though

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
Change both clients to /clientsleep background i think it is and that should solve that, also you could set background services to have priority, that has been known to improve stability during dual logging.

(Right click my computer > Advanced > performance Settings > Advanced > Select Background Services, click Apply and ok.

My 9800 pro never did like windowed mode. <33 my X1800XL though

Well, always have been running clientsleep background, but now suddenly I just loose stick much and I could see when I alt tab swith there is a little bit of lag, and I have putted on background services aswell. This problem with loosing stick never occured to me before either, btw, do u think if I would turn Fast Write on would maybe solve the framerate ?

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
CocaCola said:
Well, always have been running clientsleep background, but now suddenly I just loose stick much and I could see when I alt tab swith there is a little bit of lag, and I have putted on background services aswell. This problem with loosing stick never occured to me before either, btw, do u think if I would turn Fast Write on would maybe solve the framerate ?

It's worth a try and certainly won't do any harm. Fastwrite is usually something used to improve stability with some systems. I've not had a system which needed to have fastwrites off for years now :)

Try it and let me know how you get on.

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
I try to put it on, but my "Smartgart" wont confirm it, it just restore it to the orginal value....

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
CocaCola said:
I try to put it on, but my "Smartgart" wont confirm it, it just restore it to the orginal value....

Maybe smartgart has diagnosed that your system doesnt like smartgart? There should be a test button there, or something simular.

CocaCola

Fledgling Freddie
It is and it says " Windows have to restart in order to test the changes" and when I reboot and check Fast Write it is still "Off".

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
CocaCola said:
It is and it says " Windows have to restart in order to test the changes" and when I reboot and check Fast Write it is still "Off".

Yeah fastwrites probably won't turn on then, rather than using forums to sort it drop me a pm with your msn addy or something and i can try and sort it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom