Backstab Counter

S

spiny

Was being 0wned by the usual lame push/pull backstab last night until I found out that...

when you're lying on the floor after he's pushed you, just keep a finger on strafe left/right. Seems to work & I didn't get killed much by backstab after that.

Actually, I turned the tables on him & whupped him as I think that was the only move he could do :D

D

Disco PhoolCat

WahHay! Whupping teh one-trick pony-llamas is one of the best bits of mp!:clap:

Z

Zey

if you get pushes/pulled over, you can get up quickly and use a saber slash by pressing jump and fire. Might be able to use push as well as you finish getting up.

Give it a go :)

An't pld 1.03 a lot (twice). Lifes a pain in the arse ;)

I like 1.03, but ..... with the new tweaks sabers vs guns are a bit harder :(

Maybe they can tweak it so that people with guns in their hands take a bigger hit than people with sabers......

AS this is JEDI knight :)

Should encourage more saber use

O

old.[UESC]Steve

Ok, ok. So this tactic is kinda annoying, but I would hardly call it lame just because it kills you alot, I mean you just have to find the counter to it, like you have. I garuntee as soon as people start countering the knockover then backstab (I find kicking people till they fall over is also fairly effective) then people like me will find another effective method of mass slaughter.

I've met alot of good players on the barrysworld servers (I've also met alot of dicks, the amount of people who've threatened me/my family with death just cos I killed them is a little stupid) and they're the ones that actually try to fight back instead of whining and saying you're not playing fair.

Yes you could say that I'm playing boring, but if it wasnt me killing every1 then it'd only be some1 else running into you're fights and killing you all on the FFA server (there is a reason why its called a Free For All Server).

Ooo and Zey, weapon v saber has actually been made harder for the weapon player, trust me. And anyway, you're an admin, if this is becoming that much of a problem make 1 of the FFA a saber/force only server, the other ISPs have very active ones. Anyway just a thought.

-Steve

O

old.IG|Keelut

I totaly agrea steve,

I use 1 of the three back stab type moves, they kill people and at the end of the day thats what we are here to do. It does take some skill to get the timing of the pull or push right to knock people over at your feet. Some of the better players use the kick do do the same... I'm still poo at that so i cant.... If you guys dont like this move think what it was like with the big hit in the heavy stile that killed you even if you were not close to the guy doing the move.

As a counter if u get up quickly enough u can kick/push or pull the attacker before they kill u, u can also role or jump away before they kill u too.

If you get up by using jump and straife u spin and u can kill people with the saber in that way. If u get up using jump only and they are stood close enough you can kick them. if you flip up and then double jump u can kick them or if you jump sideways you can kick them too.

Hope this helps u guys.

IG rock :p

O

old.seekeruk

Hi guys

I agree with Keelut (no surprise) ive played some very good people over the past few days and the pull / backstab move hasnt worked. We have had some very good fights with lots of different moves. When people learn how to defend against these tactics then people will be forced to change. Until then people will use the moves that work. At the moment the moves that work best are the special moves so people are going to use em.

Keelut has pointed out some of the ways to stop the backstab. The best way to stop the force moves without absorb is by doing nothing. Some people do find that hard to do though for some reason. Aslo u can use grip the same way as pull / push to make people defenseless and thats a lot harder to defend against than pull and push.

Well thats my 2 pennies. Good fragging everyone.

And yes IG DOES ROCK! :p

Z

Zey

Basically, they removed an Undefenable 1 hit jumping kill with an Undefenable 1 hit kill back slash.... anyone see the point in this? They must be totally thick tbh... Out of the new pacth, they made 3 good improvements and 6 bad improvements... so what was the point of an update? to make it worse?
This is my opinion and people are free to agree or disagree

Good Improvements:

1. The blocking of the sabers and the saber duels in general... Mor skill is needed to hit, plus using different stances can knock players of balance etc.

2. Made Force Drain use more mana to stop over use.

3. Made Force Heal use more mana to stop over use.

Bad Improvements:

1. Removed The undefendable 1 hit jumpin kill instead of just making it less powerful i.e. made it take 80hp.

2. Add an undefendable backslash (what was the point after removing a simular move)

3. Completely killed the strength of the sabers..... You watch the films, it's all defend and a good clean swipe to kill and anything with a weapon in their hands is fooked :p

4. Made Absorb way too Powerful... uses less mana, no delay inbetween using it, and cant be seen until someone uses a force power on them.

5. not sure if all argee with this, but not being able to run with grip.... it was easy to counter (force push/pull) so no need to dumb it down.

6. Saber throw now uses NO mana? They fooking mad or what? Gonna be a throwing contest in duels now. nuff said

My recommendations:

Sabers:
Heavy stance: 100hp for hits to the head or body, 50hp for legs or arms.

Medium stance: 100hp for hit to the head, 75hp for a body hit, 30hp for arm or leg hit.

Light stance: 80hp for hit to the head, 65hp for body, 25hp for arms or legs

Force Powers:

Force Absorb: use the same mana as before.... but leave it so no one can see it... that's fair tbh.. it was too weak before, but now too powerful... needs to be balanced

Force Grip: Just put it back to what it was like before u swines :p

Force Saber Throw: Put it back to what it was like before u swines :p

Simple Questions?

Who are the most powerful people in the star wars galaxy?

What weapon do these power people use?

Why do they use this weapon?

just ask your self... does this game feel like star wars?

Without the sabers being the ultimate weapon, then no. simple. Make sabers more powerful, and all will be better.

If Raven dont do this or cant be arsed, fook em.. a 3rd party team will bring out an MOD that will make all the improvements that the people want, not what the editors can be fooked too do without asking the communtity.

*rant* *rant* *rant*

nuff said :D

O

old.seekeruk

I disagree with some points u have made there m8. The 1 hit move is still there in heavy sytle and it still kills in one hit.

Blocking a sabre u just need to stand still and face your oponent and it will deflect a good 90% of attacks. Sometimes u dont even need to be facing them it blocks and deflects anyway.

Backslash was always there and could be used like it is being. Its just being used more as it is the only thing that is effective 90% of the time.

The only thing with absorb thats change is the blue ora. I advise people to turn up the volume as u can hear it when someone is using it.

Ive seen people run with me when they gip me but as i dont use it i cant really comment to much.

And sabre throw requires force to use it but it drains it slower.

There just my observations on the matter.

Z

Zey

Absorb has changed mroe than the blue ora... it uses less mana and use to have a 5-10 sec delay inbetween it turning off and being able to turn it back on.

You could do the back swing/stab only on blue and gols stances, they never killed in one... and again, could not be blocked

The DFA (Death from above) old heavy stance one hit kill use to kill no matter what part of the body is hit. and can not be blocked.

Do you have any comments on my suggestions?

Z

Zey

Originally posted by [UESC]Steve

Ooo and Zey, weapon v saber has actually been made harder for the weapon player, trust me. And anyway, you're an admin, if this is becoming that much of a problem make 1 of the FFA a saber/force only server, the other ISPs have very active ones. Anyway just a thought.

-Steve

Unfortunately mate admins and liasons have put suggestions through about ... 3 or 4 times.... but they have not time to implement them apparently.

F

FragFodder

Sabers need to be made more powerful BUT SO SHOULD THE REFLECTABLE WEAPONS. Sabers are a difficult weapon to master (as it should be) but they should also be more effective. As some guy mentioned earlier. They're all about patience.. Block Block Block then Kill. IMO the red style should be like this.

You need the Blasters to be more effective (reflectable shots only) so there is actually a benefit for using the Sabers as they are in the Films, for defence then attack when possible. Because the weapons would be more effective, the saber user couldn't afford for many shots to get through.

1v1 you can have some pretty decent saber fights and a saber v a weapon the saber userly wins but i've seen so many "random swingers" get kills purly because they got lucky.

A few tips for anyone using Sabers V Weapons

Blaster: Face the guy.. His shots will be reflected.. Dont swing the saber until you have to. 90% of the time, if you deflect his shots back, he ends up killing himself anyway.

Granages: Push the granades away if they get worryingly close. Also, if he gets brave and closes the gap between you and him, pull the granages out of his hands.

BowCaster: Face the guy and let him do his worst... Like the blaster all shots will be reflected

Tenlos Disruptor: Yes even this gets blocked now.. BUT NOT REFLECTED BACK. Face the sniper, even if he's on the other side of the map, the saber will still stop the shot. Both Primary and Charged Secondary

Imperial Repeater: Primary fire can be reflected by facing the fella but the secondary fire.. The blue Granade thing, can be a little troublesome. Push the shot back at him if you are fast enough, but if he's using it your at a shortish range anyway. Roll upto him (just get close as quickly as possible) and Pull the gun off him

DEMP: Push the shot back, cant be deflected (not 100% sure about this gun, not seen it that much)

Rocket Launcher: This is one of the easiest weapons to block. Simply Push his shots back.. If he gets a homing shot, be careful, because the tracking on those things is probably one of the best I've seen in a game for a long time... Pisses all over EFs Alt Photon and UT's Locked Rockets.

Just my thoughts, and anyone is free to dispute them. I honestly think the guns should be made better to force a greater level of skill from saber users. In return, the sabers should do more damage. Shifts the ballance from attack to defence with the saber.

Higher frag counts?!? Maybe!!.... But this is starwars anyway. Jedis userly kill 10:1 (ish) ;) However it only takes a few well placed shots to kill a jedi. Anyone whos seen Episode II would probably agree.

FF

Z

Zey

Well said m8 :) That's what i do ;)

1.03 is starting to grow on me... but sabers should still be a little more powerful.....

FF if your interested in joining a JK2 clan... IRC #jedi-powers

i'm the master of the clan and the rest are my pupils :D

They are becoming one with the force ;)

Just call me the Yoda of the group ;)

F

FragFodder

Sorry dude, I'm already in a clan... like you, I dont wear the Tag, not may =RD= Players do.

But I'm sure a couple of friendly games can be arranged if you guys are up for it :)

FF

O

old.Lordy RAA

oi stay of my master!!!1 :p I need more training

Z

Zey

Sure FF... where, when, type of game... ;)

jp is a division of UN* cs clan... sponsered and shite ;) good lads, owned thh NL champions :D

oviously i weren't playing ;)

F

FragFodder

We can sort that in time m8.

I'll have to speak to my fellas and I'll see what they want, then we'll work something out :)

My guys like sabers, but they've all got itchy trigger fingers since we're primarily an EF clan. :p So we're pretty flexible.

Leave it with me and i'll get back to you

FF

Z

Zey

ok m8 :)

Still training up in sabers and forces... but a few ex-quakers... plus UN* is gonna start in UT2k3 :)

So msg me whenever m8 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom