Backpacks despawning instantly

C

.Cask

Dunno about anyone else but I find this really annoying. I find myself running out of ammo much more often and before I got my med tool I couldn't even get extra health packs. Also one of the reasons stopping me from whining about other empire weapons is because I could just pick them up and use them myself. But it's pretty hard to get them now unless you want to spend hours in small skirmishes building a decent stockpile.

Ok in some tower battles the backpack situation could get a bit ridiculous but I think they went over the top with the insta despawn code. Seems now that if you have more than 20 people in the area then you don't have a chance of even getting a look at a dropped backpack.

What happened to making changes gradually. These guys seem to be all or nothing lately. When they improve something they make it godly and when they nerf something they make it useless.

R

Rigon-Noir-

I didn't know they'd changed the code tbh, thought it was a bug or becuase i'd seen lots of bodies not disappearing (clicking respawn i guess), i assumed if they let the auto respawn run out the backpack goes with them. I have the same prob, especially when playing infil, I only usually carry 100 bullets and it doesn't take long to use them.

If all the backpacks being left on screen was causing lag problems them in thelong run it's going to be benefitial to most if they do go quickly, just not that quick.

Why do some go and others not tho?

W

Will

It just depends how busy the area is. If there is a large battle, the kind which causes you to burn ammo, the backpacks go instantly.

Doesn't affect me really, I don't carry any guns.;)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Will
It just depends how busy the area is. If there is a large battle, the kind which causes you to burn ammo, the backpacks go instantly.

Doesn't affect me really, I don't carry any guns.;)

Ph33r the stab, stab, boom, boom ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

What cask said... it used to be so easy to fill your locker with Cyclers.

I love the minigun... I stalk TR's running around with them... I kill them... and watch their backpacks disappear. :(

M

mid_Efour

not played for a week now but yeah it is shit especially as an infiltrator when you reallly need to loot their ammo and medkits for the next kill :(

T

Teh Krypt

Hmm, I just renewed account, loged in killed ski (wasnt he like top kills holder at one time?) and he droped stuff that I could get.. :eek:

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Xtro
Empty your PM box Krypt.

its empty.. off to spam Bigfoot :p

Edit: if sent items are included as inbox then it should work now as ive deleted some - never even knew they were stored :D

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by mid_Efour
not played for a week now but yeah it is shit especially as an infiltrator when you reallly need to loot their ammo and medkits for the next kill :(

Get yer 'driver outa mothballs then m8 :D

M

Milkshake

I run out of ammo all the time....you'd think 200 Gauss rounds is enough..

I've had times where I have to assault towers with a knife...and sometimes I kill one or two :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom