'Backlighting' your TV

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
K editing again.

I'm going to get some neon light to backlight my 20" TV with, so should I go for 2x 4" neons or one 12"!?

confused

Can't get enough of FH
I'm presuming you're doing it to make the black tones to look more black, in which case there really isn't going to be anything in it, might be easier with the wiring of the single tube though

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm presuming you're doing it to make the black tones to look more black, in which case there really isn't going to be anything in it, might be easier with the wiring of the single tube though

That might be it, apparantly they add 'depth' to your viewing experiences. Plus it looks damn good!

Chronictank

FH is my second home
i dont quite understand why it has to been those numbers specifically
surely any low light is fine as the whole point is simply to distinguish the tv and the wall :s

Also odnt most modern tv's have a backlight feature built into the tv? or is that soemthing different

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
i dont quite understand why it has to been those numbers specifically
surely any low light is fine as the whole point is simply to distinguish the tv and the wall :s

Also odnt most modern tv's have a backlight feature built into the tv? or is that soemthing different

If you're on about the 'numbers' (size?) of the lights it's because that's the two sizes a certain website stocks.

And I've never seen a TV like this, must be thinking of something else chron.
pete_s_tv.jpg

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ah no its not like that at all, its a option on the tv menu which says "backlight" i was jsut wondering if it is the same thing, its not from that pic :)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
...think philips came with this concept year or 2 ago..

its called.. euh .. 'ambilight' ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom