Backing up license version ...

Wac

Fledgling Freddie
Hello all,

I'm very new to DAoC, just coming to the end of my 14 day free trial and I have to say that I'm in love with this game, I just wish I had discovered it 4 years ago. :(

Anyway, I have a question. I purchased the license version from the european site (http://camelot-europe.goa.com/en/), the game automatically downloaded and installed itself.

My problem is I would like to back the game up to DVD so I don't have to download the game again if I should happen to format my system. Is it possible to get a copy of the installation file in it's complete 2 gig + format so I can burn it to DVD ? I also purchased all the current expansions and so would like to do the same with these, but I presume they may be included in the 2 gig + file.

Thanks for any advice,

Wac. :)

PS. Please don't flame me if this has already been discussed, I did do a search but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
You can just copy the install folder to DVD (or anywhere) and that is all you need. DAoC doesn't install like most programs, there are no registry keys or other things to worry about so you can copy and move the entire folder around as much as you like and it'll work from wherever.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Wac said:
Hello all,

I'm very new to DAoC, just coming to the end of my 14 day free trial and I have to say that I'm in love with this game, I just wish I had discovered it 4 years ago. :(

Anyway, I have a question. I purchased the license version from the european site (http://camelot-europe.goa.com/en/), the game automatically downloaded and installed itself.

My problem is I would like to back the game up to DVD so I don't have to download the game again if I should happen to format my system. Is it possible to get a copy of the installation file in it's complete 2 gig + format so I can burn it to DVD ? I also purchased all the current expansions and so would like to do the same with these, but I presume they may be included in the 2 gig + file.

Thanks for any advice,

PS. Please don't flame me if this has already been discussed, I did do a search but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

all you need is a copy of the latest expansion for the game to run, e.g. if you have catacombs, you dont need toa, SI directories, just burn the whole directory to the dvd along with a text file of your game keys (if you need too)

:m00:

Wac

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the quick responses :)

If it's that easy I guess I'll just wait until I have Darkness Rising installed and back the whole folder up then.

Great, thank you all.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Requiel said:
you can copy and move the entire folder around as much as you like and it'll work from wherever.

Even the moon Mr Requiel?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:
If you had a laptop and satalite-net yes!

hmm wonder if i would notice the difference in lag ;)

Nice to see new players still discovering this game. wonder where you picked it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom