Backing up drivers

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Hey guys,

I have an ATI 4890 HD card and I want to backup my drivers before removing them and installing the latest ones. Is there a way to backup this driver incase something goes wrong? I figure if I do a system restore that'd put me back to the older drivers, but I wanted to see if backups were posible?

I have alot of driver setup files on my pc and I dont really trust 'assuming' which one is correct :(

When I open CCC I see this;

Driver Packaging Version 8.62-ATI
Catalyst™ Version 09.6
Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.909
2D Driver File Path <Removed>
Direct3D Version 8.14.10.0671
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8673

Catalyst version is 9.6 and the driver package is 8.62, however I cant find anything that resembles this on my pc (I upgraded my old ATI to the 4890 so I've no idea which drivers on my machine are for which card etc).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bahumat

Embattle

FH is my second home
Little confused as to what you are trying to do or why you would need to back up an older driver that is currently in use, which isn't possible unless you mean you're trying to backup the original setup file.

If you wanted to obtain the original 9.6 Catalyst again select from this list depending on OS:

download from Guru3D.com

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Little confused as to what you are trying to do or why you would need to back up an older driver that is currently in use, which isn't possible unless you mean you're trying to backup the original setup file.

If you wanted to obtain the original 9.6 Catalyst again select from this list depending on OS:

download from Guru3D.com

Thanks Embattle.

The thing is, I did not want to install the latest drivers and find something goes wrong, then not have my current drivers to revert back to. I hoped to find a way to extract the setup file as I would definately know I had the correct one. What I'll do is download one from that site you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom