Back to the Future

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Do a search for Alrindel, then send him a private message - I am pretty sure it was him mentioning said option a little while ago.

A

Alrindel

It was a special offer done by GOA and PC Team magazine this summer, consisting of a colour 80-page magazine all about DAOC, with a CD-ROM that let you install the game and play for two weeks free on a special server that was running for that occasion.

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/fr/pub/oppcteam.php

I believe I heard that they extended the trial period, but I'm not sure. In any case I'm pretty sure it's over now, and the magazine is long since gone from the shelves. Let's hope they do it again for the release of Shrouded Isles.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Ah - thanks for clearing that one up, Alrindel.

Heck... an 80 page magazine about DAoC... a special server (even if it was just up for x-amount of time).
I bet that brought some new blood onto the french servers.
*shrug*

People used to accuse GOA of preferring the German and French players due to the larger numbers and the larger revenues.
I am starting to believe it. :(

A

Alrindel

Given the limited resources I'm sure GOA had for advertising and promotions, I find it totally understandable that they concentrated on the French and German markets. In the UK (and its spill markets, english-speaking gamers in other European countries) they have to compete directly with Mythic, at a disadvantage. In fact I have to wonder whether GOA wanted the UK license at all, or if Mythic made them take it along with the license for France and Germany (pure speculation - I have no idea).

A

Aileanara

Originally posted by Euthanasia.
PieRowManica where in teh Nottingham are j00 from ? :twak:

Replying on my Alias

teh ?
j00 ?

I actually live in Derby but visit Nottingham quite often. And Derby is even worse for computer games in general, nevermind "Hard to find" MMORPG's

Getting back on subject

To be honest I really am happy with the service GOA give.
And I dont mind how long we have to wait for the "next" patch (it wouldnt bother me if we were still on 1.3).

What I dont like (agree with MR Sick) is lack of advertising within the UK. I do not want to have to play on one of the numerous American server & sit around waiting for somebody else from the UK to log on. So what Im getting at is that I do like/want UK specific servers. Competition from the American version should not figure into the equation (although it does).

K

kassei

Thank you for the link Alrindel. :)

A pitty it's gone though. :(

W

<Wels>

Just gonna bump this so they take it seriously :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Thanks for the bumps ;)

And I'll say it again: it is not about how GOA handles the game, the bloody PvP/PvE server etc. etc.

It's about the lack of new players.
*cracks TEH WHIP!!1*

S

Sharma

/bump

/eats pie

/farts

/falls asleep

/runs away

W

<Wels>

Anything whatsoever to tell people this game exists, thank you :)

D

-dewey-

The only time I saw DAoC in the shops was around release, never seen it since, I think SI release should be the time GOA do some serious advertising, like selling SI and DAoC together, a few adverts in mags would do wonders. Also another free trial would be good too, like the french one mentioned above...

I am proud to say I am doing my part though, managed to get 2 friends addicted so far :D GOA should do a reward scheme for people like me ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Zargar
I have forwarded this thread to the marketing department. Thank you for the (flamefree) feedback.

Will we get some feedback on that subject, too?
*flashy smile*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom