Back in the game!

Nobby

Regular Freddie
Hey guys, so Iv just got myself a new gaming pc after being without one for about ten years I think! :oops: I used to play a lot of unreal tournament and it’s mod called tactical ops, I was a regular on the barrysworld servers (hence how Iv showed up here) and I was just wandering what games people are playing right now? I need a new scene to fall into doesn’t necessarily have to be FPS games I’m open to hearing them all, many thanks

Nobby

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I played the UT mod Tactical Ops for years, good times !

What kind of games do you want reccomendations for? How much time do you have? Multiplayer / co-op or single player?

Nobby

Regular Freddie
Tactical ops was such great memories! I usually get a few hours most evenings to play, I wanna do multiplayer or co-op games, love a FPS still but I also like your Diablo type games or survival, I think I’m pretty open to anything that’s not WoW I don’t wanna get lost in that world haha

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I had fun playing Rainbow Six: Siege, an online FPS team shooter, it's probably the closest to Tactical Ops outside Counter Strike. Overwatch is another team shooter I really enjoyed. The sequel is coming out in February next year, so not sure how that will affect player numbers. I played both with a buddy of mine and it was a better experience than solo play.

World of Tanks is my go to multiplayer game. Not played in a few months due to IRL being busy, but I still recommend it. It's an online arena game where you drive a tank in a 15 vs 15 game. You can platoon with 2 other buddies for random games, but solo is fine at all 10 tiers. They've recently improved the early game a lot, so it's not as brutal for newcomers. Games are max 15 minutes, so it's easy to pick up and play. It's reasonably tactical and twitchy, with different tanks having wildy different strengths and weaknesses. Community can be a bit idiotic and toxic, but it can be very satisfying when you win a good game. If you have Amazon Prime, you get cool free stuff through Twitch Prime. It's free to play, but probably need to drop a tenner on it once you've played around 1000 battles, if you want to get extra garage slots for tanks, but sometimes the holiday specials give you great freebies (especially Christmas).

Nobby

Regular Freddie
Awesome I will check all of these out thanks for the great feedback!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Valorant is pretty nice for a free fps without the leet of cs go

Ono

Part of the furniture
Valorant is the new CSGO.

My most played game this year so far.

Nobby

Regular Freddie
Nice this valorant sounds promising then! I used to love cs back in the days but was so many cheaters in the game dunno if that’s still the case with the latest version of the game

Ono

Part of the furniture
Personally, I gave up playing CSGO in competitive a while ago as I just found it too, erm, serious and sometimes quite stressful.

Valorant has great 128 tick servers. It has a ranked mode yes, but I mainly play Unrated with @dysfunction and we just have fun without taking it too seriously. I also think it is more forgiving to get into for new players once you get your head around the abilities actually replacing grenades.

Here is us having some fun.

View: https://youtu.be/fi8LXs1jHPI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom