Avoidance of Magic

Illudian

Fledgling Freddie
Does this stack on capped resists?
For instance, my 26% heat resist + 24% heat buff gives 50% heat resist. Do I get 55% heat resist on AoM2?

afaik the damage will be reduced 50% from the resists, then the remaining damage will have 5% knocked off (or however much aom2 is ^^) :)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Illudian said:
Does this stack on capped resists?
For instance, my 26% heat resist + 24% heat buff gives 50% heat resist. Do I get 55% heat resist on AoM2?

it works like this

random fire wizzie hits you for 100 damage
you got 26% heat resist so damage will cut down to 74 (100x0.74)
you've got 24% heat resist buff, so damage will be cut down to 74x0.76= 56.24
you've got AOM2 which means 5% resist bonus, damage will be cut down to 56.24x0.95= 53.43

So the fire wizzie will hit you for 53.43 damage in the end if you've got 55% resists, and not for 45 damage.

to sum it up, 100x0.76x0.74x0.95= end damage (assuming he hits you for 100)

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Not quite right there i dont think. castable resists do stack with your item resists and are applied in the 'first pass'. The realm abilities are then applied after that. If you click the 'bonuses' button on your UI, you will see 2 seperate resists for each resist type. The first one being your item resists + casted resists and the 2nd your RA resists.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Ballard said:
Not quite right there i dont think. castable resists do stack with your item resists and are applied in the 'first pass'. The realm abilities are then applied after that. If you click the 'bonuses' button on your UI, you will see 2 seperate resists for each resist type. The first one being your item resists + casted resists and the 2nd your RA resists.

True that... so to use Thegreatest example:

it works like this

random fire wizzie hits you for 100 damage (that's about right ... give wizzies love!)
you got 26% heat resist AND you've got 24% heat resist buff, so damage will be cut down to 100x0.50= 50
you've got AOM2 which means 5% resist bonus, damage will be cut down to 50x0.95= 47.5

So the fire wizzie will hit you for 47.5 damage in the end and not for 45 damage.

Following that calculation it could be said that aom is better for people who have low resists... look:
random ice wizzie hits you for 100 damage (that's about right ... give wizzies love!)
you got 0% cold resist AND you've got no cold resist buff, so damage will not be cut down!
you've got AOM2 which means 5% resist bonus, damage will be cut down to 100x0.95= 95

So the damage cut by aom in the second example is 5 .. while the same aom level was only cutting damage for 2.5 in the first example.

I'm so bloody proud of myself I bloody failed maths and this almost makes sense to me!

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
lol Shanaia :p

sorry for the misleading info then but I was right with the calculations at least :p

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
its like this:

100 - (your resist) - (RA[PD/AoM]) = dmg!

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Shanaia said:
So the damage cut by aom in the second example is 5 .. while the same aom level was only cutting damage for 2.5 in the first example.

I'm so bloody proud of myself I bloody failed maths and this almost makes sense to me!

Please tell me you're joking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom