Avi making tutorial!

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Well I've frapsed some of the fg v fg fights (not that many rly as I always seem to forget) but wanted to kinda make a avi for myself (not to release at any point in the future seeing as it would be jokes) and was wondering what programs to use and how to do it.

Anyone got some usefull urls that run you though it with certain programs and what compression is the best for size. Also when I record in fraps and I'm on ts all I get back is a load of static anyway to fix this.

Septina I'm waiting for ur help buddy!

duact

Fledgling Freddie
Google for:

Virtualdub
Lame mp3codec
Adobe premiere
Sony vegas

or just use windows movie maker!

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
I think VF made a "walkthrough" for it, not sure tho.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Well I've frapsed some of the fg v fg fights (not that many rly as I always seem to forget) but wanted to kinda make a avi for myself (not to release at any point in the future seeing as it would be jokes) and was wondering what programs to use and how to do it.

Anyone got some usefull urls that run you though it with certain programs and what compression is the best for size. Also when I record in fraps and I'm on ts all I get back is a load of static anyway to fix this.

Septina I'm waiting for ur help buddy!

I am using EDIUS 4 for video/audio editing, it's quite powerful but easy to use. There are plenty of video editing programs out there so try to download a trial version and see if you can get a hang out of it and what program you like most.

Before importing the video files to EDIUS I often strip them from the unneeded parts in Virtualdub. Virtualdub also can read almost every format out there so if your video editing program can't just use Virtualdub to export it to a format your program knows.

When I am done with the editing I export an uncompressed AVI file with EDIUS and compress it with Virtualdub by using LAME MP3 codec for audio and Xvid for video. I always use 320kb/s compression for audio as I have the feeling that already compressed audio material sounds bad when it gets compressed once more to way lower bit rates. For the video I use twopass encoding and set a file size depending on the length for the movie. If you have 30 minutes material try out different file sizes, maybe 200 MB, 300 MB or so and see what looks good enough for you. If you want to keep it and not realease you can ofc choose a bigger file.

Basicly you need a bit spare time to figure it out all for the first time, from there it's easy. So take a day off and play around with the tools the people already mentioned.

Hope it helps a bit.

gohan

FH is my second home
if your ever planing to send it to some 1/ release it ect then id say you cant go wrong with windows movie maker ^^ nice size an nice quality as standard

if it just for your own archive then adobe premier is very nice an easy to use but the files it makes are massive :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom