Avalon Agramon special rule set ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
Ive heard various people comment about the "avalon fg code of conduct" or something to that matter. It would appear our German friends are somewhat more strangly organised than we ever were on uk cluster.

Something about moc & quickcast being banned ?

strafe / walthrough all so not allowed ?

On first impressions, if all the above is true... this would give albs an advantage, or even it up maybe, we all know albs need 9 chars to make up the utility :p Playing hib now, we do well against theurg pets & cabby pets - theirs always a pbaoe class in the grp, which cannot be said for alb uk cluster at least.

edit.

I also heard on some German DoaC forum - there is a 30 page whine thread about the new ex-uk cluster grps and their play style. Tbh....our rr3 to 5 caster grp wiped with ease an alb 5 x rr11 3 x rr10 tank grp, they had no pally - kite ftw :p so maybe they dont like our tactics ? is someone breaking the " rules" ?

Anyone know about this so called thread ?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
The only thing I know of is that strafe and I assume walkthrough are defintiely not allowed. Anything else on the subjects you mention along with links would be really useful for us to think about.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i would guess that the QC and MoC-thing is just rumors and not true. the strafe and runthrough thing is how ever true as i understand it. in the fg-vs-fg zone that is. as long as no adding and don't engage resting grps. in the zergzone however everything goes and i just love it :)

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Ofc. you are allowed to Moc and QC, you are tho, not allowed to runthrough on people moccing and quickcasting.

Appollo

Part of the furniture
Taken from topic of #ava-8vs8:

Agramon [- -][- -][- -]Kein Add, Kein Strafen, Kein QC/MOC durchlaufen

Gonz

Fledgling Freddie
Appollo said:
Taken from topic of #ava-8vs8:

Agramon [- -][- -][- -]Kein Add, Kein Strafen, Kein QC/MOC durchlaufen

It's not QC and MOC that is not allowed it is running through while the other char is quickcasting or moc.

Just to clarify it for those that may not understand German. :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
you wont get banned if you dont obey them, you pay your subbs:)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
I can understand most of it, but this seem to be rather weird that you can't run through someone who's moccing or strafe around 3 zerks hitting you.

They expect you sit down and die or lead them into your fg so they can cast their small radius banelord abilities and interupt everyone? :p

The times I played on avalon, we were allowed to strafe :(

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
you wont get banned if you dont obey them, you pay your subbs:)

yadda! yadda! yadda! Don't listen to anyone, play how you like and fuck everyone else. Sounds like a constructive way to play in a community you have just entered.... :touch:

One of the reasons people are on Avalon is because they got tired of that kind of attitude on Prydwen/Excal.

The solution to not being able to strafe is to learn to pre-kite - just run away sooner than you usually would.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
you can strafe if you want, use the "i pay my subs" excuse, but you will be banned from all irc-channels regarding the location of the 8vs8 zone - aswell as get chain-added from everyone who knows about the behaviour.

the rules are there for a good reason, and the 8vs8 zone is a great success there, noone better ruin it! :D

and just to confirm, rules are:

no strafe
no runthru to avoid moc/qc
dont jump grps who just had a fight and are going to rest
dont jump grps resting
dont add

kiting is disliked, but not forbidden. on #lyoava-8vs8 you can find the zone + signed up groups, outside the zone its free for all. sure you can stick to the rules there aswell, but don't expect it back :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
Vodkafairy said:
you can strafe if you want, use the "i pay my subs" excuse, but you will be banned from all irc-channels regarding the location of the 8vs8 zone - aswell as get chain-added from everyone who knows about the behaviour.

the rules are there for a good reason, and the 8vs8 zone is a great success there, noone better ruin it! :D

and just to confirm, rules are:

no strafe
dont jump grps resting
dont add

kiting is disliked, but not forbidden. on #lyoava-8vs8 you can find the zone + signed up groups, outside the zone its free for all. sure you can stick to the rules there aswell, but don't expect it back :p

All sounds sensible. RR11 alb tank grp we fought didnt have a clue when we kited just a little bit :) I can see why they dont like it, they have to think during a fight ! :m00:

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Zede said:
All sounds sensible. RR11 alb tank grp we fought didnt have a clue when we kited just a little bit :) I can see why they dont like it, they have to think during a fight ! :m00:

Like the conquistadors bringing gunpowder to a spear fight! They should hopefully lap it up and enjoy the challenge.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Since the melee changes where they can hit you from about half a zone away it's almost impossible to run away from a tank these days so strafing is the only option of survival. It's natural reaction for me and i can't really see myself stopping.....

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Littles said:
Since the melee changes where they can hit you from about half a zone away it's almost impossible to run away from a tank these days so strafing is the only option of survival. It's natural reaction for me and i can't really see myself stopping.....

You'll get used to pre kiting eventually or whatever other defensive measure you find works for you other than strafing :)

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Littles said:

This was my initial thought when heard about this gentlemans agreement. However overall i'd rather be part of the full group scene over there than risk being ostracised, even if it means being more exposed to tanks. As calmin says, just need to prekite more and keep the panning going. Small price to pay for clean fg fights.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Calmin said:
You'll get used to pre kiting eventually or whatever other defensive measure you find works for you other than strafing :)

I know how to prekite. The problem i have is if i had my own way i would 8v8 every night we run but i run in a guild where some members would prefer to fight the zergs and do some siegefare aswell so we run a caster setup and do a bit of both. The nights we do try 8v8 we gonna get raped with no strafing, it doesn't completely nullify tanks as pretty much every tank has a stun these days anyway and the good tanks know how to counter strafe also. I suspect we will just take our chances and get zerged continuous, not like it doesn't happen anyway.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
no strafe
dont jump grps resting
dont add

kiting is disliked, but not forbidden.

:eek7: Good job I dont play there :)

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Alan said:
:eek7: Good job I dont play there :)

That is for the 8vs8 zone so the people who like the add and zerg can still do that in the zerg zones.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
wittor said:
That is for the 8vs8 zone so the people who like the add and zerg can still do that in the zerg zones.

yeah its not rocket science it was the kind of thing we should have got on Pryd-excal - all options for any kind of game you like.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Littles said:

Wait till you meet a 2-3 charge tank group and try to "pre kite" their group that is madly pushing, can't put a speedwarp down and run as your a "lamer" if you do that as it's defined as kiting, can't BG against it due to their casters going to rape you, strafing/spiralling is a big no no.
Think if you need to sit down and die then it will please ze Germans <o/

I find it funny that even the rr11-12 tanks on Avalon have no concept how to deal with strafing/spiralling (if we can't beat it ban it!) met so many high RR tanks that are clueless beyond belief (/assist /stick /style meights!, oops my MA is dead wtf to do now?!?).

Really love the 8v8 part of the game but all those rules really makes it seem like a RvR-lite to me and therefor I prefer to (try and get) 8v8 in the "normal" zones, atleast you can use everything and whenever you want.
I know there's not alot of 8v8 in the zones that are not classed as the 8v8 zone but the ones I had on Avalon were really nice plus you get the chance to kill Pegsl there :)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I think they're ok rules, since I actually stuck to them pretty much on cluster.
I haven't strafed since pre-nerf savage days and don't realy need to to win.
The rest is pretty much standard anyway about the no adding thing so :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
swords said:
I think they're ok rules, since I actually stuck to them pretty much on cluster.
I haven't strafed since pre-nerf savage days and don't realy need to to win.
The rest is pretty much standard anyway about the no adding thing so :)

amen !

and littles, buy end pots and run u newb ! still amazes me how many ppl who play support classes dont use end pots ! besides u got an uber rr5 now, not the crappy cleric one :p

raid

Can't get enough of FH
the nostrafe and norunthru rules are stupid imo, but it's _their_ fg community you are joining anyway... so ofc you should respect them.

zergzone is supposed to be FFA, but we got told to fuck off from the server because we got adds in zergzone (note we didn't add ourselves). and because of that, the guy and his group (rr11-12 ofc) jumped us while resting in fg zone etc.

theres definitely plenty of clueless rr11 noobs and whiners on avalon too, but for most part everyone was really nice and played fair in fgzone.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Zede said:
amen !

and littles, buy end pots and run u newb ! still amazes me how many ppl who play support classes dont use end pots ! besides u got an uber rr5 now, not the crappy cleric one :p

I have end pots but we have been running with a good bard and they are not needed. With all the snares\roots\bl's\charge they put in these days, even if you do prekite a tank it wont be for long. I simply cannot see how the no strafe rule is a good thing like most of you seem to.

And rr5 cleric ability is infinantly better than the druid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom