Autotraining a must?

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Is autotraining a must on a Shadowblade? The /Level 20 command doesn't allow autotraining, so for all the peeps who'd like to roll a SB out there, is it recommended for them to play from scratch and autotrain instead of /level 20?

Opinions?

Discuss :D

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Shadowblade: 3253 spec points
Infiltrator: 3706

Ask yourself if you can affort saying no to 77 extra spec points! Take into account that most (if not all) Infis have these 77 extra points too.

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Shadowblade: 3253 spec points
Infiltrator: 3706

Ask yourself if you can affort saying no to 77 extra spec points! Take into account that most (if not all) Infis have these 77 extra points too.
Ouchie
You sure made me look at it through another perspection :>
So if I'd ever roll an SB, I'd go with autotraining and skip the /level 20 then.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I don't bother, not much diff between having 23 env and autoing for 25 env.

EDIT: I want 2.5x points too ;<

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yes true, and when high enough RR autotrained or not wont make a differance right?

Eroa

Banned
cant see why people would even bother making a SB when they are as gimped as they are.

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
cant see why people would even bother making a SB when they are as gimped as they are.
I see your point, but if we'd choose classes after how gimped they are hibernia would have even lower population than they already have imo :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
if you do /level and put 2 points into stealth, then respec out of stealth you auto train, so if you do /level and get to 47 and have a respec (or was planning on respeccing out of your current spec anyway at 50) and you respec stealth you will get all the auto train points unless im very much mistaken :p

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
if you do /level and put 2 points into stealth, then respec out of stealth you auto train, so if you do /level and get to 47 and have a respec (or was planning on respeccing out of your current spec anyway at 50) and you respec stealth you will get all the auto train points unless im very much mistaken :p
I was told those point are not autotrained but it's just the minimun req to have in that skill and those points comes from your points, that is you can't have 0 stealth so they put a few points there using your points.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
Ive done ir numerous times. You spend 2 points and get 5 stealth its a bargain! It does work because I had 12 extra points to spend for my bg1 sb. Not sure if the auto train works after this tho never lvld them further than 24.

Auto training is only useful to certain specs. I used auto train to 44 to get an extra 2 lvls of envenom. Yes its sad innit!

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Funkdocta said:
Ive done ir numerous times. You spend 2 points and get 5 stealth its a bargain! It does work because I had 12 extra points to spend for my bg1 sb. Not sure if the auto train works after this tho never lvld them further than 24.

Auto training is only useful to certain specs. I used auto train to 44 to get an extra 2 lvls of envenom. Yes its sad innit!

its been nerfed secretly in the patch i think, i couldnt get it to work where id done it lots before:(

Ormorof

FH is my second home
burg said:
I was told those point are not autotrained but it's just the minimun req to have in that skill and those points comes from your points, that is you can't have 0 stealth so they put a few points there using your points.

well ive been doing it with my BG sb's since /level came and i havent lost any points :p

i did it last week with the latest installment in the weelil series and it worked fine :D

emma

Loyal Freddie
I never autotrained, but then didnt know about autotraining when i started Emma at release ;p rr6 at the mo and it wouldnt give me anything extra, all i would gain is the 2nd from best disease which lets just say aint that usefull.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Yes, you can autotrain with /level.. Like the others said.. So if you dont wanna miss two of the point of your autotrain.. Go ahead and do it from scratch.... I think i'd done it with my SB, if i knew you were able to do it. But when you first have put more points than the autotrain would allow into your stealth, it doesen't matter if you respec... Tried it at lvl 40 :p

burg

Fledgling Freddie
emma said:
I never autotrained, but then didnt know about autotraining when i started Emma at release ;p rr6 at the mo and it wouldnt give me anything extra, all i would gain is the 2nd from best disease which lets just say aint that usefull.

Whats your spec Emma? :D

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
Yes, you can autotrain with /level.. Like the others said.. So if you dont wanna miss two of the point of your autotrain.. Go ahead and do it from scratch.... I think i'd done it with my SB, if i knew you were able to do it. But when you first have put more points than the autotrain would allow into your stealth, it doesen't matter if you respec... Tried it at lvl 40 :p

So you get extra points at for free even if you haven't autotrained and /respec at later levels? Nice :)

How cool wouldn't it be if you just buy loads of respec stones and get free points everytime you respec :D Pretty sure that wouldn't work though ;)

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
Considering you get maximum of 2 more skill points to a medium lvl skill, I'd say it doesn't matter jack shit if you autotrain or not. It's just for those people who are not happy if they don't get ABSOLUTELY everything out of their points...

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
By Burg
So you get extra points at for free even if you haven't autotrained and /respec at later levels? Nice

No, sorry... Tried and it didn't work! Was what i was trying to tell you... But with bad gramma + bad choice of words it didn't come out as i planned :D

Lyrre

Fledgling Freddie
---
Considering you get maximum of 2 more skill points to a medium lvl skill, I'd say it doesn't matter jack shit if you autotrain or not. It's just for those people who are not happy if they don't get ABSOLUTELY everything out of their points...
---

You mean that it dont matter that you can have both 50 effective stealth and last debuff at rr3/rr4 insted of rr5 wont matter? =)

Or raise your weaponspec 2 points to tighten your variance wont matter?

Autotraining makes a huge difference at lower realmranks, how fast you can reach good stealth/envenom.

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Lyrre said:
---
---

You mean that it dont matter that you can have both 50 effective stealth and last debuff at rr3/rr4 insted of rr5 wont matter? =)

Or raise your weaponspec 2 points to tighten your variance wont matter?

Autotraining makes a huge difference at lower realmranks, how fast you can reach good stealth/envenom.
What if you spec the "famous" Bile spec (http://vnboards.ign.com/Midgard_Rogue_Professions/b20912/54867739/?300) autotraining doesn't make much difference or? Would autotraining make that spec not so viable at lower RR? Autotraining would mean no bg1-2-3. :(

Bile spec;
40 axe/sword (41 with some autotrain)
34 stealth
39 leftaxe
39 critical strike
22 envenom

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
burg said:
What if you spec the "famous" Bile spec (http://vnboards.ign.com/Midgard_Rogue_Professions/b20912/54867739/?300) autotraining doesn't make much difference or? Would autotraining make that spec not so viable at lower RR? Autotraining would mean no bg1-2-3. :(

Bile spec;
40 axe/sword (41 with some autotrain)
34 stealth
39 leftaxe
39 critical strike
22 envenom
I autotrained Aegi from 1-48. I still went to BG1 and BG3 to get some dodger ( which really helped leveling ).

Keep in mind that even if your stealth in the BG's will be very low, your melee will more than enough make up for it. Other stealthers will find and attack you, and you beat them to a pulp.

burg

Fledgling Freddie
Whisperess said:
I autotrained Aegi from 1-48. I still went to BG1 and BG3 to get some dodger ( which really helped leveling ).

Keep in mind that even if your stealth in the BG's will be very low, your melee will more than enough make up for it. Other stealthers will find and attack you, and you beat them to a pulp.
Even though if they get in pa combo?

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
burg said:
Even though if they get in pa combo?
nah, but avoiding PA isn't that much of a hassle :)

it will happen, sure - but I can't remember that I ever considered it a hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom