Motoring Autosock

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
If you're like me and bought a stupid car that's not made for anything other than dry tarmac (and you can't get winter or snow tyres for it), then these might be of interest to you:

AutoSock/Auto Sock.The Textile wheel cover for Driving in Ice and Snow.Auto Socks get you Home!

I've struggled along with every other read-wheel-drive car owner in my street the past week to move a testicle's hair length, there was no amount of men pushing me along a level street that helped although I did get there after an hour or so and abandoned it on a partially gritted, slush filled main road.

I did some digging on the web, and the only other obvious options were snow chains or these "socks". There is some info scattered on the web and a few videos on Youtube - I have to say, these Autosocks look the business - easy to fit, much cheaper than winter tyres and no risk of damaging your allow or tyre. I'm going to shell out for a set, even if they only go on once a year, I don't want to get caught out like this again.

I know this weather happens once a year if we're lucky, but I felt I should share it with the Freddies.

Edit: here are a couple of vids, the first being a similar idea.

YouTube- MULTIGRIP

YouTube- AutoSock - Presented by The Auto Channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom