Auto Train Paladin/Reaver Specs

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
Ive decided to make an Auto Train Paladin, Ive been messing around with some specs and this is what i got just wanna know if many pally's have this spec and is it any good.

50 Slash
42 Shield
43 Chants
4 Parry

Also making a Auto Train Reaver and have come up with this spec.

50 Flex
41 SR
42 Shield
6 Parry

Any input would be great dont wanna fork out for a respec stone.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
For autotrained reaver that is the fotm specc.

For paladin, I don't know. Depends really on what you want. For me as paladin isn't considered damage dealer (and don't believe you will use all the high slash styles) lowering slash skill and increasing shield and maybe chants (not sure) would be better?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Increasing slash spec will increase chance to land a slam.

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
Pally was orignally gonna be used as a BlockBot for DV farming but havent a clue what my bro wants 2 do with him now lol wouldnt 50 slash be any gd in rvr? i know a pally is mainly defensive but its good 2 break the mold :p wanna know if any pally used that spec in rvr really

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Increasing slash spec will increase chance to land a slam.

Didnt know that :) more reason to spec 50 slash :clap:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Messiah said:
Pally was orignally gonna be used as a BlockBot for DV farming but havent a clue what my bro wants 2 do with him now lol wouldnt 50 slash be any gd in rvr? i know a pally is mainly defensive but its good 2 break the mold :p wanna know if any pally used that spec in rvr really

If it's a blockbot just go 50 shield 46 chants 39 slash.

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
PvE: Go Eggy spec
For RvR I use 47 Slash, 43 Chants (dont go higher for rvr), 43 Shield and rest parry and I am pleased with it.

Denethors

Fledgling Freddie
as my pala is speced:
50 shield
42 chants
39 slash
6 parry

like this spec alot

with the slam thing, i have + 11 in my temp so i cap slash, but im sure that spec is nice , cant try it here couse im no /autolvl pala :kissit:

Pridd

Fledgling Freddie
Auto'd my saracen pally and specced defensive.

50 shield
48 chants
34 slash
13 parry

Merrow

Fledgling Freddie
Megalodon said:
PvE: Go Eggy spec
For RvR I use 47 Slash, 43 Chants (dont go higher for rvr), 43 Shield and rest parry and I am pleased with it.

cmon- 47slash is useless imo, u get a style at 39s, 44s and 50s. So if u wanna go for higher than 39or44 slash go 50.
43 sheild is alson useless since theese 44 over slam is not needed, u don't get a new stun and u will land slam as often as u do with 42 sheild, so 43 is a waste of points.

My pally is specced:
50 sheild for brutalize
39slash
42 chants
rest parry.

And thats the best rvr specc for a pally that i have tried.

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Merrow said:
cmon- 47slash is useless imo, u get a style at 39s, 44s and 50s. So if u wanna go for higher than 39or44 slash go 50.
43 sheild is alson useless since theese 44 over slam is not needed, u don't get a new stun and u will land slam as often as u do with 42 sheild, so 43 is a waste of points.

My pally is specced:
50 sheild for brutalize
39slash
42 chants
rest parry.

And thats the best rvr specc for a pally that i have tried.
Reason I ended up with 47 and 43 was to get as little left over points. And with 47 slash over 39/44 slash will help me land slam more often. 43 Shield will help me block 0,5% more then staying at 42.

Missythang

Fledgling Freddie
If there's at least one other saracen pally out there, and as not main dmg dealers, does anyone have a thrust pally? I'm trying to break the mould at the moment & provide a little variety to my gameplan.

I was therefore thinking of a spec as per the "Eggy" but with thrust instead... and then maybe deleting her and starting from scratch again when I come to my senses?

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i got a saracen thrust pally on camlann, they fkin pwn :)

better wepskill than any slasher and insane block/parry (even unbuffed)

10str 15dex

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Shark - If you wanna do damage roll a merc.
Missy - Reason ppl dont go Thrust is you loose your autotrained points and many thrust styles are based on evade or parry.
Konah - Highlander with +15 str has higher WS than your Saracen +10 +15 Thrust, but not your insane block/parry.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
if I'm ever gonna make a pally I would either go 50 shield or 50 2h ! and pwn em all! :p

Illumir_Lite

Fledgling Freddie
im thinking on making a pally too and im thinking about a briton pally with:
29slash 42shld 48chants 30 parry or a saracen pally with same spec.
think is the best spec if u go a defensive pally

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Illumir - Only go 48 chant for PvE and shield is better than parry in PvE also sp maybe lower parry and raise shield.
For RvR read my first post.

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
50 2H
39 slash
42 chants
6 parry :D

Ooh but yer autotraining 154 points extra, so you'll have 18 parry, or 26 parry if you lower slash to 34. wtfpwnage!!

On the thrust topic, even if you take saracen, i don't think I would go thrust. Altho beartooth is a nice off block style with stun, but I presume you slam anyway when going shield so that 6 sec stun wont be 6 sec anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom