Auth server looks like it just went offline

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
as the topic says, looks like its gone totally offline now /cry
either that or its crumbled under the pressure

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, cant access it at all. GOA ahve just announced we DONT need new accounts apparently :S

pikeh

Resident Freddy
technicians are working on it apparently. Things can only get better eh?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Oh well a sign they are working on things?

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
we have been trying to confirm that very thing all week, if people hadnt been spamming the servers making new accounts maybe the whole thing wouldnt have come to a crashing halt, if only someone from GOA had replied to this yesterday..

advocacy

Fledgling Freddie
any ideas when we can login on our old accs? since i found out i dont have to make a new acc i'm suddenly a whole lot happier

Seigi

Fledgling Freddie
Taken from VN boards

As you've noticed, account registration and Open Beta key authentication is currently unavailable. We took down the servers in order to be able to process the queues more efficiently and will bring them back online as soon we're finished with this work.

We are currently letting people in wave after wave. At the time of this post we have 5154 players on the European servers. As you surely understand and as has been explained by Mark Jacobs and other developer earlier, it is important not to swamp the starting zones completely.

-Magnus

Uara

Part of the furniture
Why can't they post this on our boards as well!

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
We are currently letting people in wave after wave. At the time of this post we have 5154 players on the European servers. As you surely understand and as has been explained by Mark Jacobs and other developer earlier, it is important not to swamp the starting zones completely.

I hope they dont do this for the retail release, because there will be a lot more people trying to join the starting zones than there are now.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Account registration and key authentication servers are indeed down due to maintanance, as confirmed by our news. We are working hard to bring these services to you as soon as possible.

-Magnus

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
"We are currently letting people in wave after wave. At the time of this post we have 5154 players on the European servers. As you surely understand and as has been explained by Mark Jacobs and other developer earlier, it is important not to swamp the starting zones completely."

Hang on.... eight English speaking Euro servers, plus the other language ones (sorry, I'm not sure how many of those there are...) - and they fear 5154 players might swamp some areas?

Not quite certain how 'massive' this mmorpg is heading to be! ;)

Zoldot

Fledgling Freddie
Quote:
As you've noticed, account registration and Open Beta key authentication is currently unavailable. We took down the servers in order to be able to process the queues more efficiently and will bring them back online as soon we're finished with this work.

-Magnus

what do we get for ordering CE? yes we get buttloads of randoms who didnt preorder in the beta.. making everything slow and getting in and playing before us who PAID for it. G_G:m00::twak:

eksdee

FH is my second home
[17:06] <Cyfr> soo 8:30 - 5:06 = 8:36 hours
[17:09] <Cyfr> thats 598 an hour... so only 159 hours to wait till all 100k are registered

cu @ retail :D

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Account registration and key authentication servers are indeed down due to maintanance, as confirmed by our news. We are working hard to bring these services to you as soon as possible.

-Magnus

And do you have any estimate for how long this "maintenance" will take?

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
Hang on, just realised something - what has account creation got to do with the number of players on the servers? That's controlled by the login servers, not by account creation.......

jonrossi

Fledgling Freddie
''Our registration and authentication servers have been taken offline for maintenance. This means that it is currently not possible to create new accounts or authenticate Open Beta keys. During this maintenance we are processing all queued account registrations and key authentications. These services will be available as soon as this work is complete.''

.......... wasnt this all supposed to sorted out by today, so we could play the OB on the 7th of Sept?

Hanso

Fledgling Freddie
Magnus you expecting ppl to leave the starting areas within 1h? Seriously, that can't be it.. 5k ppl playing on ALL EU servers and you have to close registration?
Also, one of you CMs said we'll have a NEW EUAC for headstart and Live, it'll be not flash you said, will it be a total failure like this (seeing as it's untested by the masses)=

Zoldot

Fledgling Freddie
funny thing is the REASON that they got so many account creations in queue is because of them FAILING at informing everyone that you DONT need to create a new account.

(which it stood that everyone had to do to get into open beta except those already in closed beta).

GOA goes epic fail yeeehaaaaw, lets hope its way better in the future (no its not a joke)

Xeel

Fledgling Freddie
If I try to login to my account, I fail (as previously stated).
If I create a new account, I never recieve the Email.

This is just peachy! :kissit:

And all I want to do is to get the patcher working.

Cordain

Fledgling Freddie
Hang on, just realised something - what has account creation got to do with the number of players on the servers? That's controlled by the login servers, not by account creation.......

Nothing, its just a spin. Its not like people running these games, be it another game or another company, would ever just admit that, servers are down due to poor planning and inability and willingness to act even when 99% of the community knew exactly what would happen. When you screw something up you can just type whatever will buy you some time before the angry mob storms the building. So they claim to let people in in waves so the starting areas wont be over populated. Not one of the best of lies since logically this would mean many of us wont be seeing the game before launch AND US side didnt have an issuew with it.

BUT even when you KNOW its not the real reason, you can do nothing about it. They will never admit it and its not a big enough screw up for EA to step up and protect their interests.

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
I'm still sticking to my original guess of not being able to login/create my account until 11:30pm tonight, just like World of Warcraft. I never did hold out much hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom