Australia vs England

D

Deadmanwalking

Sorry to be a dampener.....but if 99% of the people who called the ref shit actually knew why they said that then i will be amazed ;)

I have had nothing but lines quoted from the TV, Radio thrown at me by people trying their damndest to seem knowledgable and know why they didnt like/liked the game :(

Anyway England won something so the whole country must suddenly be happy even if they hate rugby :rolleyes:

Woo Go England :clap:

G

gremlin

Thats the spirit dmw, nice to see you getting into the swing of things.

I imagine those who have berated the ref on here so far did so because they saw some of the dodgy calls (or worse, blatent things he missed *cough*pulling shirts during the line out*cough*).

I thought the 79th minute penalty was 50-50 tbh, it was a harsh call.

L

L_Plates

Brilliant game !

Brilliant Team !

We owned !

I LOVE ENGLAND !!!

Champions !

Well done to all the boys of the England team :)

T

tainted

was some very poor calls from the umpires, particularly during the wallabies last charge for a try. Everyone could see thatt on the replay board =/

But wilkinson sure did a good job of winning the rugby world cup~

D

Deadmanwalking

Originally posted by tainted
was some very poor calls from the umpires, particularly during the wallabies last charge for a try. Everyone could see thatt on the replay board =/

But wilkinson sure did a good job of winning the rugby world cup~

Bit of a moron really? Since when has one man been able to win a rugby match? Not to mention a world cup?

W

Wij

woot \o/

Never mind Wilkinson. Dallallallalleeyor 0wned those Aussuies :)

(Thompson's line-outs were plop tho :()

R

Rubber Bullets

Originally posted by Wij
woot \o/

(Thompson's line-outs were plop tho :()

You say that, and during the game I would have agreed, but the Aussies lost more of their own lineout than we did.

England lineouts won 27/lost 8

Australia lineouts won 21/lost 9

wasn't the impression at the time, perhaps it was just that it was the really dangerous ones that we seemed to lose.

RB

C

.Cask

I wanna know how they stayed so clean throughout the whole match. When I used to play rugby at school we'd be absolutely caked in mud after a 40 min 'lesson'.

Enjoyed watching this world cup, even though I don't know shit about rugby. Just seeing two huge guys crash into eachother and then all their mates jump on top of them would make me chuckle. Brutal, manly sports always get my vote :)

Moron or not? You the public decide.

I decided it was pretty moronic to castigate people for having an opinion.

C

Cpt. Paranoia

We're not allowed to support our country because we don't follow Rugby week in week out. Didn't you realise?

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by Deadmanwalking
Moron or not? You the public decide.
Yep you do seem to be making a moron of yourself lately with some of your comments, but let's not let that spoil a thread on something so very positive we have to cheer about now :)

J

Jupitus

I think dmw was only referring to the last line of the feller's post about JW being the one who won the world cup. That line stank as far as I'm concerned too.

Yes, JW is a god with a golden boot, but it took 15 men to defeat Aus today, not 1.

Mind you... that twathead in the #1 shirt deserves to be shot - total asshat with his lack of discipline in play. I hope he never gets selected again.

C

Clowneh!

Originally posted by Jonaldo
Yep you do seem to be making a moron of yourself lately with some of your comments, but let's not let that spoil a thread on something so very positive we have to cheer about now :)
Hmm... so I wasn't the only one thinking this...

T

tainted

oH n0z I was called a m0ron on teh intarnet

Anyway, you might not have appreciated the comment and thats fair enough, but I still think its true that one guy kept the whole team going throughout the tournament, but he is very very very good at what he does. You can be sure there'll be many people analysing his techniques in the coming months.

heh Ive even read some big time american football talent scouts have been eye balling JW for their NFL as one of those specialty field goal kickers that plays a total of about 90 seconds of gameplay per season.

G

Gumbo

Originally posted by Hairy Pooter
I wanna know how they stayed so clean throughout the whole match. When I used to play rugby at school we'd be absolutely caked in mud after a 40 min 'lesson'.

England do this thing where they change shirts and shorts at half time. A psychological way of treating each half as a game in it's own right, so that helps.

There was a picture of an under 8s rugby team in my local paper, (Eastern Daily Press) on friday showing a young Josh Lewsey, standing next to him was me!

I have no recollection of playing Rugby with him, but I shall now, at every opportunity available, tell people that I used to play in the same side as one of our world cup winners.

Well Played England, Sports Personality of the year is going to be a mite predictable this year now eh?

Y

Yoni

Very tense game with emotions rollarcoasting all over the place - just how a RWC final should be.

The ref though should have been shot although if England had taken Vickery off earlier (as they should have done) we could have saved a few of his calls.

However :bazbeer: :bazbeer: :bazbeer: :bazbeer: We Won FFS the first Northern Hemisphere country to do this. We can only hope that this helps Rugby becomes more appreciated in England than it used to be :clap: :clap: :clap: .

D

Deadmanwalking

In my opinion saying that wilkinson won the whole world cup was one of the most moronic statements i have heard about the RWC.

Oh and as fair or whatever you think you are by telling me not to "attack" his opinion, surely that makes you just as bad?

As it was my opinion he was a moron?

See the irony in that.

C

.Cask

DMW, honey. I didn't condemn you for having an opinion, I did it because you attacked someone for voicing his. Imagine yourself walking into the street and calling everyone who thinks Wilkinson won the world cup a moron. Then if I came out and kicked your ass, I'm not really stifling your freedom of speech am I? I'm doing it because you're being obnoxious. It's more social etiquette than anything.

If you had said "Anyone who thinks Wilkinson won the world cup is a moron because.. <insert argument>" then I wouldn't have a problem because you're attacking his opinion, and not attacking him just for holding one. I see a difference even if you don't.

S

Sir Frizz

Well done England, a well deserved World Cup Victory (for once :)). It's better than those facking big headed aussies (tabloid papers atleast) winning it.

gg and all that

Yours

"A racist South African"

D

dysfunction

How many Saffa's are there in this place???

D

DaGaffer

...and that's not hardly surprising man. ;)

Lived in SA when I was little, but can't remember that much about it. Went back a couple of years ago and I have to say I thought it was a great place.

R

Rubber Bullets

Nice link xane.

To be honest the Aussies have been surprisingly gracious in defeat, especially considering what somne of their trashier papers were saying prior to the final. But then how many of us would be happy to have the Sun and the Mirror taken to be our official voices abroad? Not many I hope.

RB

Users who are viewing this thread