Impressed Australia leading the way again.

Nate

FH is my second home
Can you begin to imagine the amount of cost involved to authorise travel to a specific place on a certain day with one of those cards? Not to mention the big brother shit that entails.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Can you begin to imagine the amount of cost involved to authorise travel to a specific place on a certain day with one of those cards? Not to mention the big brother shit that entails.
Not that hard you allow a £100 limit on the card for travel. Then when you return the completed attendance slip they arrange to pay it off. Yes it will allow everyone to scam £100 on travel but only once and then you have them for fraud so can arrest them.

Nate

FH is my second home
Not that hard you allow a £100 limit on the card for travel. Then when you return the completed attendance slip they arrange to pay it off. Yes it will allow everyone to scam £100 on travel but only once and then you have them for fraud so can arrest them.
Ok.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Frankly that would be a piece of piss in London, make the card Oyster compatible and it would provide a list of all the journeys.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Looks like Manchester is going for a version of Oyster as well.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
It would be a good option for long term benifit jockeys tbh, people can be out fo work sometimes 6-12 months in the current economic climate but it is ideal for the career unemployed tbh

Mey

Part of the furniture
but I am very aware of how inconsistently I can even get out of bed, or having done that, interact with other people for any purpose.

I feel like that most days, but I just suck it up force myself out of bed and get on with it.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
so a 70 year old woman who works for 50 years to pay a mortgage should be kicked out of her home because its too big for her? thats absurd

and they tried the whole sterilising thing in the US and ended up with a huge backlash, and from what i can gather they are still trying to clear up that mess, what it ends up with is basically Eugenics, no matter how well meaning you start it you will end up losing control of it as thats just human nature (it starts with Chavs, then black people, then gays, then the irish...)

And how exactly would you differentiate between "able bodied scroungers" and people who either cant work for various mental or physical reasons (that may not be obvious at first) or just people who are unemployed and looking for work?

what would happen is anyone with any useful set of skills (graduates, etc) will leave the country (or go to Scotland!) rather than be forced to clean up the streets and all that will be left are the kind of people who simply wont bother to show up to any of these schemes anyway thus rendering the whole thing a pointless exercise

soze

I am a FH squatter
so a 70 year old woman who works for 50 years to pay a mortgage should be kicked out of her home because its too big for her? thats absurd

and they tried the whole sterilising thing in the US and ended up with a huge backlash, and from what i can gather they are still trying to clear up that mess, what it ends up with is basically Eugenics, no matter how well meaning you start it you will end up losing control of it as thats just human nature (it starts with Chavs, then black people, then gays, then the irish...)

And how exactly would you differentiate between "able bodied scroungers" and people who either cant work for various mental or physical reasons (that may not be obvious at first) or just people who are unemployed and looking for work?

what would happen is anyone with any useful set of skills (graduates, etc) will leave the country (or go to Scotland!) rather than be forced to clean up the streets and all that will be left are the kind of people who simply wont bother to show up to any of these schemes anyway thus rendering the whole thing a pointless exercise

Why would someone who owns there house be kicked out. The is just for the people of which there are plenty who have lived in a council house all their lives. It has four bedrooms and they use one. They have not paid a mortgage they have the house because at one point they had 3 kids living there. Now they don't they should not get to keep the house. But instead they get to keep it and get a right to buy it at about half the value. This might not be wide spread but a guy i work with bought his Mums council house for half the money so when she dies he ca sell it for a profit.

The easy answer would be disability benefit. Even though that needs to be looked at as well it is an easy line a demarcation. If you do not get disability then you get basic benefits unless you are prepared to put in some work. And simply put you do not show up you do not get the extra money. And this is not forcing people into work camps. But forcing a graduate to do 10 hours work a week to support him community so he can support his 20 a day habit or have a few beers at the weekend should not be impossible.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No point over here, the government want the doleites to spend their money on beer and fags because they get half back in tax and that's not aglib remark, it's true, you see them in our local Londis, four in the queue, lager, ciggies, rollies..loud kaching noise in some government department.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why would someone who owns there house be kicked out. The is just for the people of which there are plenty who have lived in a council house all their lives. It has four bedrooms and they use one. They have not paid a mortgage they have the house because at one point they had 3 kids living there. Now they don't they should not get to keep the house. But instead they get to keep it and get a right to buy it at about half the value. This might not be wide spread but a guy i work with bought his Mums council house for half the money so when she dies he ca sell it for a profit.
Double edged sword imho.

No if she stays Council she shouldn't get to continue there indefinitely if the property could be put to better use. I think we should keep Right to Buy though because it removes housing stock from Council hands (as they can never manage it effectively) and motivates people to get up off their backsides so they can own something they otherwise would not be able to. I would however remove the right for the tenancy to pass down through generations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom