August 18th - Asteroid

C

[Cerebus]

We'll be able to see a half mile wide asteroid fly by Earth on August 18th apparantly.

Best time to view it is pre-dawn, it won't hit Earth unfortunatly but it should be pretty cool.

You'll need some kind of Binoculars or telescope, scientists say potatoes are generally not good for viewing this type of asteroid.
It'll be really faint and will move the same distance as the moons diameter every 4 minutes.

Something to watch for anyway.

In other news, the Europeans are set to send a Mars machine to sniff out the atmosphere next year. They'll be looking for rocks as usual but they'll also try to find out if life ever existed. (Although I doubt it, they just say crap like that to get money)

They also say it's quite possible that life forms from earth, micro bacteria etc.. may have travelled with the many Mars machines that have gone to the Red planet and managed to survive there.

So if we do find aliens, maybe they're not actually aliens at all.

(Scientists say they're still unsure whether we'll all get wiped out by an asteroid in 2019, the year sounds futuristic so my guess is that it will hit Earth and wipe us all out)

P

- Pathfinder -

Personally I wouldn't class a large asteroid not hitting the Earth as "unfortunate" :p

O

old.tRoG

(Scientists say they're still unsure whether we'll all get wiped out by an asteroid in 2019, the year sounds futuristic so my guess is that it will hit Earth and wipe us all out)

oh lord no! i'll be over 40 by then!

please, just kill me now... :(

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.tRoG

oh lord no! i'll be over 40 by then!

please, just kill me now... :(

As I recall the risk of that happening is around 10%? Oh well, I'll be old too then, probably died from a cardiac issue.

O

old.tRoG

10%?!

*tries to slit his wrists with a nearby pencil*

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.tRoG
10%?!

*tries to slit his wrists with a nearby pencil*

/em calls down some Divine Uber Lightning of Supreme Annihiliation on tRoG

:m00:

There, problem sorted.

S

SFXman

The risk was somewhere around 0.04%... not 10%, that would be likely already. Only the american scientists still believe it might hit.

O

old.mattshanes

I think it will hit too but i dont think all will die i do reckon 50%+ of the world will though and it will take ages and ages to recover from:(

Oh well this november nostradamus predicted World War 3 and said the results r devastating and it lasts 2 months.He mentions israel and a holy city with many casualties with rivers of blood flowing through this city dam its freaky i gonna try look it up in my book.;)

P

- Pathfinder -

If that asteroid did hit we'd have some slight... ahhh... adjustments to make :) Those of us who survived, that is ;)

O

old.mattshanes

Well nostradamus reckons the world will be completely destroyed in 3779 which is miles ahead lol.

However this is weird he says the dead will come back out of their graves in 2007 hmmm does he mean cyborgs???seriously this is a true prediction.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.mattshanes
Well nostradamus reckons the world will be completely destroy in 3779 which is miles ahead lol.

Nostradamus was a raving lunatic :cool:

O

old.mattshanes

Nah i got a book of all his predictions around 80% are spot on the guy is freaky thats all and very very clever.

C

[Cerebus]

Nah, just imagine what we'll be able to do in 2019.

We'll have Planetary defenses and super nukes. It'll be a regular occurance to see Asteroids being blown up then.

P

- Pathfinder -

Nah i got a book of all his predictions around 80% are spot on the guy is freaky thats all and very very clever.

Most of them are quite vague, though - serious people do not believe his ramblings :)

C

[Cerebus]

However this is weird he says the dead will come back out of their graves in 2007 hmmm does he mean cyborgs???seriously this is a true prediction.

'Head and Shoulders'™ are going to clone Elvis so he can do an advert probably.

(J/k but I really do believe he means cloning here)

O

old.mattshanes

lol but if he is 80% right some should be looked at:eek6: also if that asteroid hits it be a good sight but u be dead so quick like u have tried golestandt solo:rolleyes:

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by [Cerebus]

Head and Shoulders are going to clone Elvis so he can do an advert probably.

(J/k but I really do believe he means cloning here)

Typical example of his being avgue :p He doesn't mention cloning/resurection/cyborgs, so if any of those WOULD happen, people would leap to pointing out how uber he was :)

O

old.mattshanes

Yeah but 400 years ago he probably was lost for words if he saw a robot in his predictions hehe

P

- Pathfinder -

Yeah but 400 years ago he probably was lost for words if he saw a robot in his predictions hehe

In his drunken stupor, cough. The vagueness of such predictions make them irrelevant anyway.

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -

In his drunken stupor, cough. The vagueness of such predictions make them irrelevant anyway.

Hmmm but anything can happen today at anytime we dont know when though.

S

SFXman

I always get this idea that by then we will be able to blow an asteroid out of the sky or something like that... maybe deflect it from millions of miles away making it slowly drift out of target...
Cloning, surely we will be able to clone a human by 2007? Maybe not legally or with people knowing about it but still.
Oh and Nostradamus... didn't he have a prediction for September 11th aswell?

C

[Cerebus]

That super structure on the moon in the film Starship Troopers was cool, I want to see something like that.

( If the Aliens on the Dark side of the moon let us that is :p )

S

SFXman

I totally forgot what happened in that movie except that it had some strange bugs, super structure... can't recall such a thing a this current time.

O

old.mattshanes

No he didnt say it was sept 11th although he did say that verse besides according to him between now and 2010 the world will be chaotic and evil oh well hope not.:(

P

- Pathfinder -

Depending on your definition of evil, the World's been fairly evil since Man developed a sense of Self.

Starship Troopers is a horrible movie, the book is much better :)

S

SFXman

2007 there is a blockbuster zombie flick and everyone in the world thinks it is very cool then this proves one of his predictions. Soon after people get to find out for themselves that the zombies used in the movie were 100% real and now they have come to take over the world. Their leader being some evil guy and with this nostradamus has proven another prediction.
Of course the zombies caused the chaos.

O

old.mattshanes

sfxman if u read this book you would be freaked and think oh shit hes been right enough times in the past he does describe some of his predictions well not all are vague some are spot on.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
You guys read the Barrysworld thread about September the 11th?

People posting as all the events are going off, really scary stuff to read.

I'll post the link in a second :

At that time I was in IRC; chatting with sme 50 people who were watching it live. Why use a forum?

Unless, of course, you're trapped in an office with a FW, sob.

C

[Cerebus]

Didn't he predict Hitler or Hisler or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom