Auction wimping...

F

Flimgoblin

Be careful of what you auction...

I've seen two items being bid for over 6p by the same people and therefore locking everyone else out of the bidding...

then miraculously the next day they're both back down at 1.7 plat and each person has won one of them.

Any two people can do this to an auction if they so choose - pretty lame tactic though. So keep an eye out.

(needless to say if ever I were to auction something and this happened I'd tell the parties involved to gtf and redo the auction ;))

D

Draylor

Easy fix, just cancel it and sell all over again - ignoring bids from those trying to rig things.

Assuming they try it again that is ;)

D

DeaD GuRu

trace the husstlers and bann em from forum

F

Fagane

Start with Wako, got already several complaints from friends that he refusses to pay up his depts on won bids here on barry. Also heard its policy for the guild he is in.

Fagane

S

swords

Originally posted by Fagane
Start with Wako, got already several complaints from friends that he refusses to pay up his depts on won bids here on barry. Also heard its policy for the guild he is in.

Fagane

Thats utter bollocks.
Where do you people think this shit up???
Guild Policy?? LOL

remember kids you cant get Fagane without Fag...

L

leorin

Fagane

nubbers like u should be shot irl

F

Flimgoblin

this is nothing to do with not paying at the end...

S

swords

ok, i agree people should pay up at the end. i always do.

S

shuko

lol wtf?? that some sort of joke? When have i ever bidded and not collected an item? never. SO why the fuck did u say that without any facts? Also I don't think ive paid any more than 400g for any item so kindly stfu if you're going to try and ruin mine and my guilds reputation with no evidence.

Retard.

R

rure_

Fagane

yeah right, ofc he did. that is so typically of him. :rolleyes:

Z

zenith_merc

wah!

What are you on Fagane? Hah, please, do you even know Wako? I know hes not that kind of person, I have been playing with him for a quite great time, and he is a really great guy, and havent done anything like that.

And guild policy? Where did you get that from?

Stop doing such uber lame comments, please!

D

Draylor

Faganes just attention seeking again, leave the idiot alone people ;)

T

thorwyntf

Banning the account doesn´t counter that kind of lame trick because it´s possible to create an infinite ammount of accounts here on BW.
Only way to make sure that auctions are (marginally) fair is to only accept bids from people with ingame name / guild in their sig. Faking an auction by using a nameless lvl 1 alt is one thing. Pretending to be somebody else is another thing.

Z

zenith_merc

o

Anyone know the ingame-name of Fagane? I guess he is a alb, but I have ever heard of a "Fagane". Have you? Really want to know ingame-name.

L

Lizia

Originally posted by shuko
lol wtf?? that some sort of joke? When have i ever bidded and not collected an item? never. SO why the fuck did u say that without any facts? Also I don't think ive paid any more than 400g for any item so kindly stfu if you're going to try and ruin mine and my guilds reputation with no evidence.

Retard.

In case Fagane got this story from me, and I told it to her in private I feel obligated to post here the full story. I sweeter would have handled this case in private. This story got a real bad taste for me.

The trouble started with this auction:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showt...erpage=25&highlight=lizia keeper&pagenumber=1

Here Shuko (Wako) bought a ring for 500g, but he did not respond to PMs I did send him on Barry, he also ignored me, or did say he did not know what it was about, trying to buy time. In the end he refused to pay (after several weeks).

Mostly if people PM me about the item they bought, or try to find me and we can not reach each other I just presume the deal is canceled. Sad for me in case I need the cash. But also sad for the person who wanted to buy the item.

He also started to tell people my items where flawed in low duration, I did lie about matters and could not be trusted. My items are always on 100% duration, and I never lie about my items, I am proud of mine reputation of never breaking my word/vow. When I hear this from 2e hand he broke for me the line to take action.

In case he refused and did lie to me already several times (got screen shots from this) I contacted his guild: Band of Brehons

I did speak to one of they’re officers called (will give any GM the name of this officer) and he told me that they’re guild could not do anything for me in case Barry was no official auction site and also every guild member was free to do what they did please within the rules of CoC. The next lines in the conversation made me very pissed: “What do we care what your guild or alliance thinks of us or our members?”, “your matter is to no importance to us” also “tough luck” where the main things he used.

At this point I did warn my Guild Master.

I got screen shorts, several Guild Masters and other people to back me. Also of course this auction link that’s public on Barry.

I hope we still can resolve this matter somehow.

Lizia

S

shuko

Originally posted by Lizia

Here Shuko (Wako) bought a ring for 500g, but he did not respond to PMs I did send him on Barry, he also ignored me, or did say he did not know what it was about, trying to buy time. In the end he refused to pay (after several weeks).

Ok for starters this is a lie,the day i noticed i had won the auction, ( i had forgot about it) i sent u a pm to tell you i no longer needed the rign and apologised politely. Check your pm's imo.

Originally posted by Lizia

He also started to tell people my items where flawed in low duration, I did lie about matters and could not be trusted. My items are always on 100% duration, and I never lie about my items, I am proud of mine reputation of never breaking my word/vow. When I hear this from 2e hand he broke for me the line to take action.

You are so full of it, sorry. Why the hell make up so much shit? I never said that, if u want to make false allegations give proof.

I never ever ignored u in game, and i sent u fucking pm telling u didnt want it the day after the auction ended, sorry to be blunt about it but i dont find all this fabrication funny, at all. A few real friends play my account very rarely and do not know all about the bw trading forums. I also know for a fact they wouldn't have been rude to you. Again, give proof because atm you are just full of it.

T

thorwyntf

I don´t know who said what and who can prove what.. but:

imo, if you bid and win an auction, you´re supposed to buy the item, regardless if you need it or not. Saying "I don´t need that item anymore" is the same thing as offering an item for auction and then stop it because the "little brother needs the item" (sic).

S

shuko

It was a tinctor family seal, the day after the auction ended i sent a pm and said sorry, it's not exactly a hard to sell drop and alot of other people would be willing to buy such an item.. I didn't bid with the intention of not buying it, but imo it's hardly such a case to be so concerned over..

D

Draylor

Incase theres any chance of dragging this thread back on-topic it relates to 2 threads here and here

Nice way to drive everyone else out of the bidding ;)

S

swords

thankyou Draylor :) for someone who outbidded me on teh hammer :( you aitn that bad :p

hmm Tilda and Pin eh :p

Users who are viewing this thread