Auction starts now.
Ends tuesday 2000CET.

Stats:
16.5 dps, 5.5 spd, 100% qua.

Minimum bid is 1 plat.
Minimum increase on bids is 50g.

O

old.Galieran

Nice bow, how much did the materials cost? Not that I´m whining about prices, I know that crafters such as youself deserve a lot, after you endless crafting:))

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Apologise to Ody, will annoy someone somewhere else :p
Regards, Glottis

O

old.Odysseus

It seems these K9 and ST-200 dudes are some kind of funny guys ruining every auction on these boards.
This auction is anulled and I will post a new one asap.

P

Pin

Why not just hold an actual auction at the round table and just post the date and time here? Would avoid all sorts of crap postings.

L

-Lonewolf-

How about people just wait till the other crafters get masterpieces and then there is a price war and Ody is forced to lower his price instead of ripping people off?

;)

D

Draylor

Why not save your comments for somewhere worthwhile Lonewolf?

That price isnt a rip-off by any means.

Guess Im expecting too much. Moderators couldnt possibly remove a few trolls from a thread - theyll just add flame bait of their own.

Do these forums have any worthwhile moderators or just the spamming variety?

F

Flimgoblin

for a masterpiece it's not a bad price at all :)

The time/cash it takes to get a masterpiece is quite ridiculous.

Also, Odysseus brought his prices for normal quality bows down recently into the 'reasonable but profitable' range so can't fault him on that anymore :)

O

old.Odysseus

How about people just wait till the other crafters get masterpieces and then there is a price war and Ody is forced to lower his price instead of ripping people off?
How about a ban on ppl like old.-k9- and old.ST200 ?

This is not the only auction they have harrased:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37991

Oh and for the record:
Manufacture cost vary from 126g to 1676g for 1 and 50 tries respectively, averaging some 900g. 1 plat too high for a startprice?

Auction has restarted on the items boards:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38221

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Odysseus
Oh and for the record:
Manufacture cost vary from 126g to 1676g for 1 and 50 tries respectively, averaging some 900g. 1 plat too high for a startprice?

Manufacture cost for a masterpiece averages at 50 attempts. Which comes to the 1676g average to manufacture, not top end, so looking at that, 1plat is not a bad startprice.

Of course, that assumes you sell all the 99s back to a merchant until you make the MP ;)

Besides, it's not a fixed price, it's an auction. Customer pays what they think it's worth.

T

Tranquil-

Heh. I'd expect more than this from a Moderator. A new low on BW.

L

-Lonewolf-

How about a ban on ppl like old.-k9- and old.ST200 ?

This is not the only auction they have harrased:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37991

Oh and for the record:

Auction has restarted on the items boards:
http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38221

You just justified why ur asking people for that much money for the bow

And you just answered a question alot of people were probably saying

"OMG HOW MUCH FOR THAT BOW?!?! WHY?! WHY?!"

Your moderator Lonewolf is alot sneakier than you think and he just did you a favour in a weird kind of roundabout way ;)

So people get bidding this bow is going HOT HOT HOTTTTTT!

And calm down guys I was trying to find a justification point for this kind of cost which alot of you have shown

Not everyone on the forums has an idea the cost of crafting involves, not everyone is lvl 50 and has 1000 points in crafting

Think a little before you flame away and i'll have my head back now please thanks
Peace

T

Tranquil-

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-

;)

With this you are saying that he is ripping people off with that price, I can't see where and how that can possibly help him.

O

old.Odysseus

Masterpieces do come 1 in 50, averaging at 25.

Average manufacture cost would be 126+25*30 where 30g is the loss per bow i make.

Conclusion:
876g.

edit:
I havent even added any sort of mark-up, which means that I do not get any wages for the time put in it.
Think about it will ya.

L

-Lonewolf-

I apologise if anyone misinterpreted my post as a flame or a gripe at Ody I have nothing but the utmost respect for him I was just trying to get some information in a humorous manner

Seems it failed

So pls accepted my apologys and I will be checking the latest auction out for any griefers

D

Draylor

Your moderator Lonewolf is alot sneakier than you think and he just did you a favour in a weird kind of roundabout way ;)

Yeah - we're totally out of order expecting moderators to moderate.

Edit: 1 comment removed after Lonewolf's last post ;)

T

Tranquil-

Average manufacture cost would be 126+25*30 where 30g is the loss per bow i make.

Conclusion:
876g.

edit:
I havent even added any sort of mark-up, which means that I do not get any wages for the time put in it.
Think about it will ya.

I thought I read it was statistically 1 MP in 50 tries, not averaging at 25, but they come at an average each 50th try.

P

Pin

Conclusion:
876g.

Masterpieces come 1 in 50, meaning they average after 50 tries.

2% chance of making = 1/50 = make 50,000 and you'll have ~1,000 masterpieces = average after 50 tries.

Or has my maths ability really dropped that badly?

L

-Lonewolf-

Originally posted by Draylor

Yeah - we're totally out of order expecting moderators to moderate.

Edit: 1 comment removed after Lonewolf's last post ;)

Edit: Comment removed after a comment Draylor removed was er....removed

sorted

D

Draylor

Edit: Comment removed after a comment Draylor removed was er....removed

Oooohhhh, was Lonewolf up for a flamewar? Havent had one of those for a few days - heh.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Tranquil-

I thought I read it was statistically 1 MP in 50 tries, not averaging at 25, but they come at an average each 50th try.

Yes, so if you start trying to make a MP youve a 1 in 50 chance of getting it at each attempt.

Some masterpiece attempts will take 1 try to be successful, others may require 100 attempts. However the AVERAGE number of attempts required to create a MP should be around 25.

If one in 50 attempts will be a MP youd expect that over a large enough sample size the average number of attempts wouldnt be 1 or 50 but somewhere in the middle - around 25.

Either that or Ive lost any grip on statistics/probability/etc that I ever had ;)

P

Pin

Originally posted by Draylor

Yes, so if you start trying to make a MP youve a 1 in 50 chance of getting it at each attempt.

Some masterpiece attempts will take 1 try to be successful, others may require 100 attempts. However the AVERAGE number of attempts required to create a MP should be around 25.

If one in 50 attempts will be a MP youd expect that over a large enough sample size the average number of attempts wouldnt be 1 or 50 but somewhere in the middle - around 25.

Either that or Ive lost any grip on statistics/probability/etc that I ever had ;)

You've lost any grip you had.

Chance is 1 in 50 or 2%. Make X bows, and on average X/50 will be masterpieces.

Make 50,000,000 bows (I think Odysseus has the time to do this), and you'll have ~1,000,000 masterpieces.

Average number of attempts to make X masterpiece bows is X*50. To make 1,000 masterpieces you'd expect to have to craft 50,000 bows.

Chance iss 1 in 50. Average is 50 attempts per bow. What's so hard to follow?

1 IN 50 CHANCE = AVERAGE OF 1 MASTERPIECE PER 50 ATTEMPTS!

F

Flimgoblin

if it's a 1/50 chance you've got an expected value of 50 attempts to make the masterpiece

i.e. flip a coin - on average you get 'heads' after two flips.

you might get it first time, you might flip 20 tails.

But given an evenly balanced coin it'll be 2.

So the actual price that it's costing Odysseus (on average) to make the masterpiece is:

126+25*50=126+1250=1510
or 1 platinum, 510 gold.

That's cost price (on average).

Snap em up :)

(caveat: Odysseus is performing all these attempts whilst making other orders, so he's not really throwing away 30g each time, that said 1plat is still a steal for a masterpiece :))

L

-Lonewolf-

Well I actually posted that we should discuss this out of the forums but I think we are both mature adults who can just forget a little misunderstanding

Anyhow back TO THE AUCTION WOOHOOOOOO!

Users who are viewing this thread