Auction Houses to shut down in March 2014

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Best quote I could find from the forums regarding the Auction Houses

"And with one final blow, the evil known as Jay Wilson was banished from Sanctuary"

I laughed hard :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
woot! ofc the second they debut Loot2 the economy will die a horrible death so lo, speed the day!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As a non player, why is this so good? Go forth and explain yourselves!

Aada

Part of the furniture
Many believe that the current loot system was designed around the auction house 99.9% of loot you pick up is garbage, after all Blizzard didn't want everyone picking up legendaries after every 5 kills this would drive down the real auction house profits down from which they made money. After a while it became clear the only people who use the auction house are rich people with money to blow, for example one item the other night sold for £198.

Of course it's all just speculation and rumours I don't think anything has ever been proven with hard data.

I don't see loot 2.0 fixing things though, if its like the console version and everyone is running around with the best items what's the point?

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Best items on the console version will take ages to farm. Blizzard are trying to achieve this on the pc by removing the auction houses to keep people playing longer while they roll out the expansions.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

loot drops in D3 are absolute dog turds 99.999999% of the time. the AH gives you what a million monkeys slaving away managed to glean from the game, plus lots of turds thrown in for good measure. Bliz worked out after due deliberation that the reward of the game is Epic! Lewtz! Bros! and for that the gaining of said Lwetz! the playing has to be an enjoyable experience with the reward being meaningful, eg not another wizard staff with 150 STR on it for some reason, or a barbarian-only belt with NO STR at all, etc etc.

I could go on about why I feel loot generation and scaling thereof is flawed but I cba atm. suffice to say that currently you FINALLY start to get reasonable loot once you've washed a char through the game 4-5 times and your passive ability buffs start to gain influence on the loot rolling engine: the other day I had the first ever drop of an item with a crit-chance buff on it (8%)...eg something actually slightly handy. First ever drop of something that came closeish to the kit I already had on my char thanks to the AH (current Barb char has ~150hrs, first ever decent drop - not a good average!), and the only reason I used the AH in the first place was because I couldn't actually play the game without better kit than what I had found up to then. So...roll on better loots patch and fuck off AH. It's what they should have done in the first place.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It was bollocks anyway, removed the entire point behind Diablo pretty much, the game was centered around farming loot, not fucking buying it.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I don't see loot 2.0 fixing things though, if its like the console version and everyone is running around with the best items what's the point?

The point is to beat the game and move on? If D3 were an MMO i could understand your question, but it never was and never will be.

Aada

Part of the furniture
The point is to beat the game and move on? If D3 were an MMO i could understand your question, but it never was and never will be.

People have put 1000s of hours into D3, I don't understand your point either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom