4. Do you solo RvR well ?

Thanks chaps

Friar Grieff
Chaplain Primus
The Last Watch

Prydwen

Arezina

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm , I retired my friar from RvR. Solo'ing is very hard with all the buffbotted assassins and archers + they tend to team up. Though it's possible to smack one buffed SB down...
U wont get in any decent groups, it's random all the way :touch:
The time of the friar has long passed.

Sooo.. Roll another more usefull class (no paladin), you won't regret it.

Thire

Fledgling Freddie
even Quicksilver has a hard time getting FC grps with his friar :(

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
afaik Quicksilver has a spec that got nerfed 1½years ago and is now impossibel to get. on excal only he and Startion have it i think.o_O?

Kian

Fledgling Freddie
stubbyrulz said:
some people still got points from 50.5 or summet?

Nope - dates from when friars were changed from 1.0 spec points per level to 1.5 spec pts per level, and friars who were already above a certain level received more spec points than they should have done. Bear in mind this was something like patch 1.48 in early 2002, and you'll understand why there aren't many friars around now with that litlle bonus... :)

Zoogle

Fledgling Freddie
what happened was if you were 40+ at the time 1.46 was released there was an error in the way you points were rounded up to the new 1.5x per lvl and as a result lvl 50 people at the time got 100 more points.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Quicksilver still kicks major ass if your silly enuf to leave him unmezzed and unrooted :cheers:

i'd love to see him flying a det5 half-ogre crush merc tho, coming soon... :m00:

Quicksilver

Loyal Freddie
Friars aren't a dead class as long as people still enjoy playing them and i still love mine :). In pre and early RAs days friars were overpowered but now with Determination and the delusion that you cant be successful without a fotm group they are nerfed.

Anyway to answer your questions:

1) 50 staff due to only joining groups with 2 clerics and I play my cleric if I want to heal.

2) Too many ;p

3) Sidi Robe. Used to use the sidi 5.6 staff for big hits and the uber proc but prefer a 5.0 now 'cus with max qui and friar self haste u can swing it ~2 secs. Switch to dragon staff for grps with stlong pbt.

4) yes if u can find some stealthers who will hit you.

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
By dead, I meant ifyou want to play decent level RvR in groups - I think Quick you are an exception to the rule in that the better guilds will take you in spite of your class due to your high RR and reputation :wub:

Goldragon

Fledgling Freddie
Fast said:
whats a friar ?

A really fun class..

Set the fact you play on a pvp server, or any server with tops 1/8 as many fotm groups as excal :p

sweetleaf

Loyal Freddie
Shall we see when the RA review comes.

Might become loved again.

Many ppl are waiting to see what happens with determination

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
well if all realms get GP, on a shorter timer, det becomes less 'essential' in any case...

and cc becomes a joke, not only for det tanks but for every class in the game :m00:

Goldragon

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
well if all realms get GP, on a shorter timer, det becomes less 'essential' in any case...

and cc becomes a joke, not only for det tanks but for every class in the game :m00:

Give chanters GP ^^

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

Cool, so you GP aoe root and aoe mezz each time you get CC'd?
Determination will still be important for tanks, you dont only CC 1 time per fight..?

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Ola said:
Determination will still be important for tanks, you dont only CC 1 time per fight..?
Determination will become a level based ability for tanks, since it is considered an 'essential' ability for them to compete vs CC...

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
Ola said:
Cool, so you GP aoe root and aoe mezz each time you get CC'd?
didn't say it wouldn't be important, said it would become less essential, some fights can last 5-15mins as u know ;)

most fights are over within 2-3mins however, which is 3 immunity timers, which is 2xGP and 1xPurge (or could be)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom