attention savages RvR thoughts

M

mid_Efour

Im reading alot of whines about H2H savages being pretty poor.
mostly IGN whines.

Any Euro savages got any opinions? I can imagine its almost impossible to get alot of these chain styles off and as for PBAE ones surely they are just mezz breking and a bit dodgy to use. other than that you have the taunt anytime and the rear and side positionals....??

they may be good in Dueling and 1 on 1s but that isnt what its all about is it really??

hmm :)

opinions plz, and maybe some from albs and hibs that have fought against some..

O

old.Emma

mmmm, lets see.

h2h.. mmmmm

did i mention the weather is nice.

on a more serious note..

positionals are great but the style chains... mmm there good for pve.. but thats about it..

in small fights i might get to the 2nd part of the evade chain.. 3rd one is either miss/block/parry/evade or fumble.

dmg wise.. really depends on that random number generator mythic are famous for. can sometimes be insanly good and 90% of the other times just mmkay not bad.

as for every day RvR.. i tend to make a b-line for casters and support class`s cos due to our low weapon skill h2h savages tend to get blocked/parried alot by pure tanks (only in small fights mass zergs it dont matter)

M

mid_Efour

hmm not good cos if i wanted to do that i could have made a zerker... then u can hit whatever u like when ever u like not soley concetrate on support classes.............

are you saying savages make "gimpy" zerkers in rvr :p

with the possibilty of 10% insanity damage? :p

M

mid_Efour

hmm not good cos if i wanted to do that i could have made a zerker... then u can hit whatever u like when ever u like not soley concetrate on support classes.............

are you saying savages make "gimpy" zerkers in rvr :p

with the possibilty of 10% insanity damage? :p

P

poi

If u spec 50 in hammer, u get like 150 more weaponskill . And hammer have some good anytime styles :)

R

Ragnarok1978

There are ups and downs, like there are for pretty much any class in the game :)

I am liking it so far, yes the RNG can be either godsent or a piece of crap in some fights. But it sure is fun when they don't see you till you're pounding on their caster, and evading their big slow 2H attacks while bringing him down.

The lower weaponskill can be tough sometimes, generally I try not to go face to face with shield specs, but sneak in from the side or from behind and land some positionals.

You aren't mr. "W00t I just smoked that caster in 2 hitz!", it can happend but it is not something you should rely on. The savage is somewhere in the middle between the defensive warrior and the dmgdealing zerker, so try and stay between em :)

K

klavrynd

simulation of a savage

you miss
you miss
You evade the attack
you miss
You evade the attack
you miss
you miss
You evade the attack
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
You evade the attack
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
You evade the attack
you perform your totemic fear correctly
you perform your totemic wrath correctly
you pbaehit target 1 for 10 damage
you pbaehit target 2 for 10 damage
you pbaehit target 3 for 10 damage
you pbaehit target 4 for 10 damage
(allso known as thane-mode , breaking all the cc)
You fumble
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss
you miss

M

mid_Efour

im 37 now and i tbh dont see me getting any better i missed thsi much at lvl 20.........

i miss all the styles and i get gimped little hits tbh this is BS.

and is H2H weapos DEX/STR or PURE str ?? I WAnt an official answer not some best guess ? anyone point me to a link or quote by mythic?

really need to knwo if i should stop lvling before 40 and save the aggro

M

mid_Efour

Originally posted by Ragnarok1978
There are ups and downs, like there are for pretty much any class in the game :)

but if it comes to melle a zerker surely is better they have the same ups and downs and dont suffer from gimped styles and anility to hit even yellows..

so far all i se are down down downs

i dont have a buff bot..... i think all those playing them have rose tinted buffed glasses on... this clas is almost shit without buffs in PvE... i cant see it better again in rvr without buffs

O

osrim

Hmm

Duelled last night 50 savage twice, 2-0 for my dorf zerker. :) Fights were quite close but still managed win both. Zerged in first, didnt at last one.

Parried his all hits from his triple attack even once. His spec was 50 hth, 42 sav, 9 parry and was in sc suit. I was in epic with crafted weapons. My spec is 50 axe, 44 la, 37 parry.

R

Ragnarok1978

Originally posted by mid_Efour
but if it comes to melle a zerker surely is better they have the same ups and downs and dont suffer from gimped styles and anility to hit even yellows..

so far all i se are down down downs

i dont have a buff bot..... i think all those playing them have rose tinted buffed glasses on... this clas is almost shit without buffs in PvE... i cant see it better again in rvr without buffs

You're obviously biased before even trying, so I say savage is not for you.

And if you run around in RvR unbuffed all the time, then you're not in the right groups.

M

mid_Efour

im just being realistic- sure they are great buffed to the hilt, any class is but unbuffed they are truley nothing special.

but to comapre them to a zerker, which surely is the only comparison? (no sheild) they are pants.. they do nothing that a zerker cannot do more effectivley i think..

Yes i will get it to 50 one day soon and ill probably get 1 lucky quad hit and think what the hell was i saying. But i dont think relying on random number generators to quad is particulary a good thing in RvR when u need consistantly faster the better damage.

The H2H styles are also great on paper but in the game rather useless, all i do is spam taunt or rear style in groups as so far i dont have anything usefull.

ill shut up now and ill get to 50 one day :)

Dont get me wrong im not an aggro person but just playing devils advocate.

Rag1979.. do u know if the H2h weps are Purely STR or STR/DEX ?

and maybe its cos im using the heavy bladed claws (slowest types) that im so pissed of with the constant missing....

give me some tips so you can prove me wrong :p

love u really /hug

x x x

P

pudzy

I think the savage is fantasitic personally, the damage is unreal (buffed atleast), I HATE the stupid chants taking HP tho, they take too much imo, overall I think I'll enjoy the class in RvR with a decent healer. So far in PvE ive 2shot a couple of oranges, and 1 shot a few blues :p, love quading.

R

Ragnarok1978

You say you're being realistic, well.

You compare to the probably most deadly melee class IG, namely the zerker. How many melle can claim they are as good as or perhaps better than the zerk?

We do one thing more effective than berzerkers, and that is tank. We have better defence and even resist buffs and evade/parry buffs.

You say the styles look good on paper, but when you haven't used them please don't claim them pants in RvR.

Personally I don't use the evade chain, unless in guels. I use the taunt, the back stun, the side positional with stun followup, and I love them all.

You say were good "buffed to the hilt", it doesn't take more than 2 buffs to put you past 1300 WeapSkill, and even if you are 1on1 vs a tank that is more than enough.

H2H is 50/50 str/dex and not affected by statcap till you reach 600 total. Meaning 270 str/330 dex is just as good as 300/300.

Heavy bladed are fine, with haste buff running I hit at around 1.8-2s every round, if I get a dex/quick buff it is even lower.

It all comes down to playstyle, I told you before we arent mr upfront dmg and it's up to you if you want that (then go zerk) or play something a little more unique.

I love the savage, RGN has more ups than downs, the buffs are a little costly for 30s only, some have suggested they be upped to 60s and if they were I could hardly ask for more. Other than fixing 2h savages to only to singlehits which in my eyes is a bug (30+ HtH and you can land doublehits with a 2h).

I am pretty sure my love for the savage will be complete once we get a patch that fixes our RAs to cheap IP/purge and adding determination. GOA fucked up and only gave us exspensive IP/Purge eventho US savages had the cheap versions avail. in 1.57, determination doesn't come till 1.58. I prolly wont see a fix untill 1.60 which from the friday news is still far away, and I guess I will be lucky if they even considor adding a free RA respec.

K

klavrynd

my observations on playing savage so far is that they're utter gimps

*hardly any styles have to hit bonuses (the taunt style is a fucking joke)
*the evade style followup with pbaehit is poo (can you say "sowwy mr healer")
*there's no decent anytimer at all
*as for sidepos styles, how often can you use them.

the only decent style is the backpos with stun which is nice for chasing casters

i got mine to 35 and i cannot come up with a reason to go trough the levelling madness to get an utter gimp that does damage in perfect conditions but hits for as much as a bonedancer in melee in any realistic situation

A

Artemls

Originally posted by klavrynd
my observations on playing savage so far is that they're utter gimps

*hardly any styles have to hit bonuses (the taunt style is a fucking joke)
*the evade style followup with pbaehit is poo (can you say "sowwy mr healer")
*there's no decent anytimer at all

the only decent style is the backpos with stun which is nice for chasing casters

i got mine to 35 and i cannot come up with a reason to go trough the levelling madness to get an utter gimp that does damage in perfect conditions but hits for as much as a bonedancer in melee in any realistic situation

If you looking for easy XP with savage you should have gone 2-hand axe to lvl 40 and then respec.

K

kr0n

So far I've been beaten (hit, not died tho) only 1 L50 savage. Im not sure what Animality (marky) had on, and what weapons, but he surely did hellowa lot damage to me. I mean, epic & SC armor set, capped slash, thrust, crush, he quad hit me twice in a row. Boom bye bye 1000 hps. And both hits under the time I did my one ~400 Celtic Fury. But then again he hit me for ~150 without those nasty triple or quad hits.

So, savage = luck char :) If you feel lucky, you do damage. And raising DR and H2H to 50 must help a lot getting those quad hits.

All the time.
1. When opponent is mezzed, stunned, standing unstick.
2. Even if he's stuck, you can be fast and just walk to his side or even behind to get the stun style off. Trust me, this works. On big scale RvR (~20vs~20) it's not that easy, but most tanks miss alot of styles there aswell.

P

pudzy

Did a little rvr today, h2h .. good damage WHEN you hit, bad styles.

M

mid_Efour

well i agree and i disagree with whats said........

but tbh i still dont understand why midgard got a 2nd class that appears to be a "lucky" zerker.

looking for group in spind... pm me :p

M

mark-

Go play zerkers then you whining shits

If you want more consistent damage you should probably go 2h savage. You could also go the 'split spec' route and spec both h2h and a weapon, you will quad hit less since your h2h is less, but you can also get a) more weap skill and b) styles with +hit.

Personally I wouldn't change from pure h2h, though I do 99% of the time play with another savage, we will* manoeuvre around 1 target so one of us gets the stun style off (9sec from side) and just mash the crap out of it with quads

* - depending upon circumstances of course, rvr is very haphazard/spontaneous at times

E

eynar

I read on some forum that you still get the bonus to hit when a positional style is performed imperfectly (failed), only without the additional effect. Is this still the case atm?

1234Taz

Aye the damage is quite random but when you quad you feel nice about it. But damage isnt always what its about savage have 40/50% 360 evade. So they are prolly one of the most offence/defence tanks in the game.

This is a quad i did on a spearhero I think with crappy weapons and crappy armour with crap stats.

[16:31:14] You perform your Wild Call perfectly. (+52)
[16:31:14] You attack Eiaals with your claw and hit for 187 (-16) damage!
[16:31:14] You attack Eiaals with your claw and hit for 147 (-13) damage!
[16:31:14] You attack Eiaals with your claw and hit for 140 (-12) damage!
[16:31:14] You attack Eiaals with your claw and hit for 157 (-14) damage

and this on a infi who I killed in 2 rounds of combat ;)

But if i was you i would repec to 2H at 40 and I think you'll find it more to your liking. H2H is no where near has bad as emma/klavrynd are making it out to be I never missed that much in RvR/PvE even vs shield/sword tanks with 62 H2H.

Even killed WoW's with 2 savage and a bot so they cant be that bad :p

P

pudzy

Love seeing that kind of damage, reminds me why I'm lvling this cat :).

M

mid_Efour

you fumble the attack and take time to recover.................

i think savages where designed for the opponent fumbles sword style in duels

S

Sarnat

Originally posted by klavrynd
this is mid , our enemies never get stunned or mezzed...

Well maybe try playing with a group with healers who don't have thumbs up their asses all the time? ;P

O

old.ST200

hello e4 me ol mucka long time no see blalblalba

I have witnessed a hero be 1-shot by a savage on merlin. H2H of c. If that aint good I dont know what is.

H2H savages pwn support classes n casters fast as fuck too.

Users who are viewing this thread