Attention all Clerics, Mincers and Sorcs

A

Apathy

Originally posted by hotrat
I know i wouldn't be seen dead in anything poo coloured :)

Unless someone shat on you until you died.

a.

A

alithiel50

Originally posted by The Dragon
My post was meant to help FC with their current PR.
LOL!... How exactly does accusing us of trying to poach and coerce people to join us from other guilds help us?

I know ppl have said that 'those FC guys are still bugging me to join them' is going on. Deny it or not, i dont care, i believe my IRL friends over some denial posts.
Please let us know who is being pestered to join us, and by whom.... we may offer positions to people who have grouped with us or from a class we need, but we don't badger people about joining if they decline.

If you're going to make these sort of accusations about us and our members, please provide evidence rather than hearsay and rumour.

T

Treniel-

go alith go alith :D

Draven your obvisouly one of the many people who never reads threads instead they find one thing that looks semi bad and go way OTT on it.

we are not trying to poach people. Fact....if we were it wouldn't be a post like this. What we been saying is that if anybody needs a new guild then we are taking the following classes...we are not saying that YOU YOU AND YOU should join us now.

so please

stop talking rubbish!

:(

O

old.Wildfire

As ali said, don't bother with crap about "my friend said this..." and "my friend had this experience..." Your supposed friend may as well just be made up as a scapegoat for you to post slander regarding FC. Either put up names and facts, or don't bother posting.

My friend told me that llaw all sit in the same room and have mass orgies every time they gank a solo alb, because they get so excited about it. My friend, however, does not exist, or at least I have no proof to show that he/she does. Their opinion and experiences are therefore irrelevant. The rumour is probably true though, just the same as the one about all the nolby members having wildebeast fetishes... :p

F

fenikske

First of all i know the hard core from FC (those who came from exiled anyway), They all roxx's in RvR.
The idea of a pure level 50 guild was a bit new for me but when i was in exiled (45+) i saw the benifits of it but also the

advantages: RvR with them was actually fun: no more running around like a chicken without a head like most of the other groups i was in, no more "sorry i have to leave msgs" every 20 mins and no more groups who falls appart just because the group died once in RvR. We did also hunts at regular bases where everyone got his fair part (at start didn't found it fair then because i was lower level and most of teh good drops went to level 50 chars, but the lower levels got the old equipment so no need to complain i think). They select their members carefully and this means they have balanced groups and most members know each other strong and weak points what helps alot in RvR and even in PvE.

disadvantages: If ya needed help to do a quest or you needed to get some specific item you mostly were on your own , so no guild to back ya up. At level 50- this is a real disadvantage but not anymore at level 50. They select their members carefully and this means that they select their members from other guilds what i can understand isn't allways pleasant for other guilds who looses their backbones.

Other qualities : they now what they are doing, a high level char can actually learn to play RvR decently. They all got some strange sense of "humor" if this is an adv or disadv that you have to make out for yourself.

Other aspects: What do do when you ding 50, Itemhunts and RvR. Be honest peeps in most guilds it is so that when someone ding 50 they begin an alt because most small guilds don't have enough high levels to do something decent for itemhunting and RvR. For those who want to farm rp's they have to play with members of other guilds who don't know "in most of the cases" what they are doing.

conclusion: It's the choice of the player who leaves and enters a guild. The new guild don't take any blame just because he invite someone in their guild who was former in another. Loyalty yes thats true but you forget that the loyalty of to the realm is more important than the loyalty to a guild. We all play against other realms and if a person think he can better serve his realm by playing in another guild let them .... As long as the realm benifits with it its pays off in my eyes.

I will prob get flamed by writing this but hey thats life ... choices , choices everywhere

GreetZ from Jamella Frutelle the GuildWhore
greetz to gawain/arthwyr

F

Flimgoblin

I agree with you completely except for the 'loyalty to the realm' bit ;)

If FC spent more time in sauvage than in Gorge I'd have to agree :) but "loyalty to the realm points" is probably closer *ducks*

That said, that's what the game is all about to some ... getting a high-score.

Some value protecting their frontier, retaking home-land keeps, expelling invaders from the frontier.

Others want to run around in the zerg.

Others would prefer to invade the enemy frontier in small war-bands...

But "loyalty to the realm" is a moot point - you can't exactly defect ;)

(ok, you can, but it takes 50 levels to retrain ;) bit of a high price to pay)

T

The Dragon

Not interested in a flame war, Treniel. True I dont read anything but the albion posts and generaly ignore ones with ppl screaming at each other. This post is a fine post, and as has been posted before I know its not poaching its advertising for places...but it was relevant enough to FC to catch their attention and near the subject.

But to answer alith. PR, you might not know what reputation your guild has got, im not pointing out the bad apescts for others but for yourself, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, that you dont know and maybe wanna do something about it? As for who this and that, im not interested in giving you a target, it doesnt matter I am not making a plea in court its a rumour to some, others a reality. I also am not bothered if ppl dont believe me.

Was hoping for something more constructive from you Wildfire, nm.

Fenilske, you are right. However all of your points are valid for other guilds and alliances that have grown. Not all admitedly. Fc are famous enough and established enough to lead by example.

As I said I have got your attention, albeit with past actions, shame it has to be devolved into what it has. Maybe it was never meant to be.....

F

fenikske

yeah i know wild :) i just restarted leveling my cleric :) only 2 level to go for the final ding ... at last :p

Fingoniel you are prob right for some of FC iam sure , but still isn't that the goal for every one ... getting a high score? I was trial member for some weeks in GOL and left just because of the compitition between the guildmembers for having the highest rvr score ... and no i'm not saying any bad word about GOL, You just have to be honest , every guild has people in it that go for the highest score , highest level or something else that make them sueriour to others ... if you deny that than tetris is allways a better alternative to play then DAOC :)

O

old.LandShark

Some of you really need to get a grip - Posting an 'ad' for some classes is not poaching.
As Fingoniel said, FC DOES contain quite a few people who dumped their old guilds to be in an elite RvR guild, but that's THEIR bad, not FC's...

W

wichtel

Originally posted by old.LandShark
As Fingoniel said, FC DOES contain quite a few people who dumped their old guilds to be in an elite RvR guild, but that's THEIR bad, not FC's...

Why should I a join a guild where quite a few people will dump FC to join a more elite guild paying them more than FC?

I don't want to join a guild where I have to group with quite a few people are that selfish...

Nothing against most of the FC members, saw some of them in Odin's lots to learn from them, it's just some of the others...

W.

K

K0nah

Originally posted by Tigerius
Bit like having another bloke hitting on your GF, "if she likes you she will stay"...

And if ur not seeing to ur girlfriends "needs" she should stay with u why exactly...?

S

Strondor_New

Blimey, it's only an advert! :)
I'm not asking to devour ur 1st born child or something hehe.

:clap:

D

drunkard

But surely you can see how people fnd it offensive that you have a guild based on nothing but gaining rp's for yourselves. A guild in which membership is entirely based on your level, and now even your class.

I would never dream of joining a guild who requested lvl50 so and so class. I would join a guild for the friendship and comeraderie you would expect in an rpg from fellow gamers. What will you do when you're all rr10 and so 'uber' (for want of a less German word) that you can kill everyone and anyone you come accross?

Nothiing personal against FC, but you must surely see that it realy isn't in the spirit of game to design a guild like FC.

O

old.Wildfire

"But surely you can see how people fnd it offensive that you have a guild based on nothing but gaining rp's for yourselves"

No more offensive than I find guilds who do PvE only... What a waste of a perfectly good RvR character, whose attributes would help others and the realm (or something) - I think to myself often of these people.

This is a game. We want to play this game well. The only measure of how well you play the game is by playing against other people. The measure of this success is RPs.

F

Falcor

Mmmm wow some ppl over react =/ nothing wrong with recruiting ppl....one thing i would say is, seems a little funny to have a lvl 50 min requirement, for simple reason that it seems like u not prepared to help ppl get epic armour and all that side of essential daoc, which has gotta mean there old guild hasto help them get it, not FC's fault precisly, u r appealing to ppl who r in guilds.....u cant argue that fact guys :), but if u want urelvl 50 sorcs/clerics etc why do they havto come as lvl 50ies with the works why not a bit lower and help them to get there?

FC r a nice bunch on the whole and great in rvr, but i can understand why ppl get a bit worked up over this does look like u r appealing to guilded ppl, dunno why ppl making such a big fuss tho tbh, post alone would not make me change guilds....

Simple version: CHILL

D

drunkard

What guild plays pve only? Can you honestly say that FC's prime goal is to help the realm?

How many memers of FC got to lvl 50 alone, were deamed as suitable, and then got acepted? And how many members of FC spent the majority of their pve life in another guild and then decided to leave and join the elite force of lvl50 only players?

All this does is greater increase the divide between the newer albion rvr'ers and the more experienced players. You cannot harvest all the best lvl50 experienced players, and then complain about the mindless alb 'zerg' whilst refusing to group with and teach the newer albs.

RP's are not the only measure of how well we play. How well we defend our frontier, how much we care about keeping df open so our up and coming ranks can get to 50 quicker, how much time we spend helping our (lower level) guildmates.

How FC can ever complain about people not working together when their goals are so obviously self centered I really dont know. As I said before nothing against any particular FC member, in fact all who I have met have been extremely nice. It's just the whole idea of it I find ironic.

T

Tigerius

Originally posted by K0nah

And if ur not seeing to ur girlfriends "needs" she should stay with u why exactly...?

You one of those hippie people believing people know their own needs and aren't affected by external factors into false beliefs?

I'm not. It's human nature to believe we need what we do not have, it's also human nature to a smaller or larger extent be affected by other impressions than rational thought, commercials, opinions of other people and emotions.

Grass is greener
You never know what you have until you have lost it

the number of "wise words" basically restating the basic fact that people don't know our own best are plentiful. Hard to say what the best solution is, but removing suggestive material trying to affect people doesn't sound too bad to me really.

F

fenikske

lol herbal :)

and your point is ? :)

to mention that you were in a full GOL group? and that treniel didn't do **** to help ya? That you tried to get him into action by insulting him ? :) On the picture i see a more or less equal group of mids and albs and like usual albs ass get beaten? I can even see albs running away like usual , lol i do even think its one of my present guild : fl :p (alldoh not sure there are other guilds with the yellow cloack and gray v on it)

O

old.Wildfire

Actually FYI I levelled to 47 with Knights who say Ni but at that stage had out-levelled the rest of the guild and had different interests (RvR) so decided to move to Exiled.

Exiled split and I joined First Cohort at 49 when the guild was formed. Please point out the part where I abused my guilds? My regular grouping partner through the lower levels was Alithiel (now also FC) and when we got up to ~40 I hardly ever saw the other high level members of the guild because a) they were part-time players, and b) I had out-levelled them and was hunting different mobs.

Making claims without any knowledge of the facts again? Typical... :rolleyes:

O

old.Affydaffymezu

one word of warning to all clerics and tanks should u join FC you could have this guarding your arse

I wasnt going to react on this topic but this post had me grab for my pen euh keyboard.

Because it is so untrue :(

Besides a few exceptions (Lukas:clap: , Sabu:clap:, and probable a few others as well who i just havent grouped yet ) people tend to forget to protect their casters, but i have never ever been grouped in an FC group that the slammers (when available) do their utmost best to protect the casters. Damn, even our infiltrators stand guard near us casters to intercept attackers... how many have known to been doing that?

When i joined FC i was on the edge of deleting/ retiring Afun because i was fed up with the incompetence of albion groups in general. FC really opened my eyes on that matter. And no, i wasnt poached (damn wasnt going to react on this tread :p ) from my old guild, i just wanted a new experience/ new life into my character and althought they have great players it just isnt the same as a fully rvr focused guild. I also left "Crusaders of Albion" with no hard feelings and speak with members regulary cause it was my first guild and i had a great time while with them and they know that too. (I hope hehe)

Afun Mindbreaker
once a week sorceress for First Cohort ( ;) ;) Konah)
RR4l8

A

Adralend

Well It's not for me to say how FC got started and who was what lvl and so on, it's not for me to judge why some people leave their guild for FC.

This I do know: Guild's are (imo) about friendship and fun, every player pays to play this game and should not be bound by others and he/she should not get flamed for leaving/jumping guilds, I myself have jumped guilds once or twice and I am now in the Brotherhood of the Wolf, I joined with them as they were some of the first guys to help me out and they are great guys with wierd sence of fun like myself (u have noticed already I hope.)

When that's said, not all are as lucky as me cause we are about the same lvl in my guild so we can lvl together and do different deaths in dartmoor (Hi Pete ;) ) while we try to get me some plate that sucked.

The one's I have been playing with from FC are really nice and some of them have helped me alot (hi Light ;) ) So Good luck finding Peops FC ;)

M

Motowntheta

My pennies worth....

I come from a small, humble, but fun guild. I group in emain when I go RvR as there arn't enough of use online most of the time to make a FG.... sometimes in our alliance.

I have grouped with most people and have found FC to be a very effective in RvR ... when you join a FC group when they have space it is not necessarily a 'fun' time :) You usually get told off for something or other when the group dies ;) if it was your fault or not. Cohort are in it for the RvR.... if you don't want to do serious RvR don't group with them .... you will get flamed :D but if you want to do serious RvR and get muchos RP's then be prepared to have your wits about you.

A further note is the matter of healing in RvR is it a dying pastime ?? I was amazed last night when someone congratulated me (I have a big EGO I like congratulations) for healing :) As I'm usually the main healer in the groups I'm in I probably don't notice but are we really that low on rejuv clerics or clerics in general that there is a lack of healing in RvR ??

Note I probably survive longer than most healers as I enter stealth friar mode in emain :)

O

old.Wildfire

"if you want to do serious RvR and get muchos RP's then be prepared to have your wits about you"

You have to be a hardcore player to do this ??

I would have hoped that, as in other realms, this would just be common sense / courtesy...

A

Ambulance

Funny what a simple "advert" can turn into.

Aye but 1275 people have viewed the advert because of it ;)

Ambulance < First Cohort > RR4+

D

daphatfriar

I think people are just keen to see who is flaming us? :)

Users who are viewing this thread