ATT: Bigfoot/Adams901

C

carl31

Greetings,

I regularly play the BF/RTR/Desert Combat/EoD games on your Preview servers. While occasionally I find that I can have some good team games I have to say that the servers are constantly ruined by idiots that come along and decide to constantly team kill or blow up their own vehicles and aircraft.

I have become so annoyed with it that I emailed Game.Net support but was a little dissapointed with their answer. They told me to contact the admins on the BF forum so they can monitor the players more often.

In reality I appreciate this is not going to be possible. So the problem of idiot gamers remains unresolved. I suggested that if I were to have small admin rights I could help keep the servers clean and running smoothly without the idiots being there.

Just enough rights to kick people. No banning, map changes, or game option changes, just the ability to kick people.

If this were to be made possible then the quality of games would improve immediately. I can understand Game.Net not wanting to give out admin rights, but think what could be achieved. More involvement with players and Game.Net could only result in a superior service on the public servers you have. Players would return to the server more and more if someone had the ability to kick idiot players because their quality of gaming would be of a high standard.

Yes we can vote, but in reality players do not vote when a poll is issued, perhaps because they don't know how.

If you had 'deputies' running the servers when the admins aren't around then gaming would not deteriote into the mess it has become, which includes the cheaters who use minimap-hack, no fog hack, tag hack, etc.

So is it possible to give out limited admin rights? If you can then I vounteer myself for the role. I can be trusted and I won't be a little hitler. I just want to spend my time playing without the game being spoilt by little oiks whose sole intent is to disrupt the game. I will even enter a contract with Game.Net over this, so if I breach it Game.Net can cancel my subby and ban me from their service. I'm 35 years old so have a little bit of wisdom behind me :) I could really help here and make everyones quality of gaming rise. I am clanless and wish to remain that way because I can't commit to a clan full time. Thoughts please.

~Carl

C

Clowneh!

My thoughts are, 'How could they give someone they don't know these sorts of admin rights?'.

I dunno about them, but I haven't seen you around here before. Would you give any sort of power to a stranger? (however nice he seems)

Good luck in your campaigning tho ;)

C

carl31

Hear wot u say. Just dont use these forums. I joined Game.net when it was EB and before that I was part of BW. Just dont use forums much.

We are only talking about ltd admin rights here not the power to do what the hell I want with the server. The goal is simply smacktard free "team" games.

They could at least have auto kick on 3 tk's then complete ban on 3 kicks. Like today on the DC server there was 3 idiots on my team and one had -87, one had -36 and one had -17. How can you play with idiots like that? Where were the admins? No on that server thats for sure. Voting didn't work, I called enough of them before leaving.

As a paying subby who is dedicated to the future of GN I should not have to put up with that kind of behaviour on a GN server even tho its a public one. They still need governing.

I just despair sometimes. very often I'll connect after logging in to GN and be the only GN player on the preview server (as noted by the number tag on end of my name). Yet while I am trying to play a decent game, smacktards who are not even members of GN are running riot. In those circumstances I should be able to kick the idiots, yes?

Like I said, only explored the possibility of kicking rights. If I cock up (which I wouldn't) then GN simply have to change the password if they want to relieve me of that duty. Why can't this be done? GN have my email and my home address thru the reward card. They know who I am. If I was stupid enough to try and spam the server with malicious code (which I dont have a clue about) they could take me to court and ban me from GN entirely. Trust has gotta start with an action....

~Carl

A

adams901

Thanks for your post.

You will nearly always find an admin on the IRC channel #game.bf1942 , there are also various ingame messages that advertise different ways to contact an admin or get an admins attention. If you don't want to leave the game then one of the ways is to change your name to adminneeded.

We understand your frustration and are continuing to look at ways to make the admin more accessible, the 2 option listed above are currently the best.

Your becoming an admin is not possible at this time, however when we are looking for admin we usually look at the players who attend the community games on Tuesday and Wednesday, if you want to be noticed you should also attend these games.

Regards
Adam

C

.Cask

Player voting is utter turd. I was on a 64 player server last night and it required something stupid like 40 people to kick a player. Like that's ever gonna happen.

A good way of finding people for a role of responsibility is to have a lengthy application form with lots of open ended questions. But then how are you gonna find impartial people to go through the application forms? :)

In conclusion your perfect admin is someone who doesn't want to be an admin so is less likely to abuse the power (ME!).

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by .Cask
Player voting is utter turd. I was on a 64 player server last night and it required something stupid like 40 people to kick a player. Like that's ever gonna happen.

A good way of finding people for a role of responsibility is to have a lengthy application form with lots of open ended questions. But then how are you gonna find impartial people to go through the application forms? :)

In conclusion your perfect admin is someone who doesn't want to be an admin so is less likely to abuse the power (ME!).

Thats coz most people don't know how to vote! Might be worth putting 'how to vote' in the messages.

C

Cdr

Unfortunately many people were put off with voting because of the long long long command that had to be entered (game.votekickplayer X - or something equally silly). Since 1.3 they introduced a few aliases (such as name for changing your name), now all you have to do is type 'kick X' where X is the player number (found on the scoreboard).

I'm sure how to kick is already in the announcement file...... I'd have to double check tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom