ATI refresh rate overiding

babs

Can't get enough of FH
I've just gotten a 9600XT, moving on from an old GF4MX. On the MX I used NVrefreshtool to make sure that my DX and openGL refresh rates were higher than the headache inducing 60Hz default, and I found a similar tool for the 9600 (refreshfix). The problem is, it doesn't seem to be having any effect (yes, I reboot each time). If I reload the tool after rebooting I get an error message telling me there's unrecognised data in the registry. The tool shows the settings I chose, but on starting anything in opengl or direct 3D it's back to 60 :/

Has anyone had the same situation and fixed it easily? I fully uninstalled my nvidia drivers, installed the latest ati drivers (4.1?) and the ati control center.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, it seems direct3d stuff is ok, it's just openGL (eg CoD). In other Q3 based games there was the handy r_refreshrate xxx command but not in this one :/

Chameleon

Fledgling Freddie
babs said:
In other Q3 based games there was the handy r_refreshrate xxx command but not in this one :/
Use '/r_displayrefresh xx' babs. You also have to set 'r_swapInterval 0' to stop it capping at the monitor refresh. As for the "unrecognised data in the registry", f' knows m8.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
ahhh displayrefesh, what a fkin plank. How many times did I edit that cfg? I remembered swap interval ;) vsync shmink.

The unrecognised data is just the fix tool having a paddy.

I don't have to worry about it too much, I sickened myself last night by realising I only had 1 3D game installed :/ Need more.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi babs

You might also want to check out Rage3D Tweak amongst other such programs, which allow you to customise the card and alter the refresh rates from their too. I've never used it myself, but it does seem to crop up quite often.

Kind Regards

Edit ~ You might also want to search their forums for re-enabling the Overdrive tab in the 4.1 drivers, if you want to safely push your new card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom