Ati Card Problems

O

old.[SCW]Nessie

This affects me as I have a Radeon. For any others who have same/similar cards here's info on the 'overflow' problem:

ATI Video Cards and CS 1.3 and OpenGL - 1:44 am EST - MrB [Comments (2)]
A number of people have emailed me about this so I should post it! Thanks everyone. Here is the problem

Please note: If you are using an ATI video card, you must run in Direct3d (D3D) for the time being. If you are getting the overflow error you are either cheating or using an ATI card. This is a Half-Life engine issue and affects HL and all HL mods. This bug will be fixed soon by Valve.

Here is the update:

ATI Patch Update
Valve has informed me that they will have a small patch out for those running ATI cards having the "overflow" error messages. This will most likely occur tomorrow (Friday). Stay tuned right here to cs.net -- we'll have the patch as soon as it is ready.

V

vuz

i prefer UKTFCL's news post saying that if u get those overflow problems its cos u're a chEaT0r!!!

A

Afx

Apparently if you do get overflows on a nvidia its a sign youve got a wallhack installed though :p
Dunno if its a windup or some inbuild valve server side wallhack check :E(heard server checks your open gl dll and if it matches a known wallhack type it overflows you from the server)
Ive got a radeon atm and im more than a bit pissed at havin to run in d3d with all the shitty control lag that entails :|

O

old.[SCW]Nessie

Take it you get them all the time then :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom