Athlete - Brixton Academy

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Saw Athlete and Snow Patrol at the Brixton Academy (refuse to call it the Carling Academy, goddam wank sponsors changing names). Anyway I'd only knew about 3-4 of their tunes and thought they were ok but nothing groundbreaking, however I was pleasantly surprised that they performed really well and it was quite an entertaining albeit short gig. They played some rather mellow, piano based track that'll be on the next album that also sounded quite good.

Of course the fact it sounded good may be due to the fact that I was a tad pissed before I even got near the place. To end the evenings entertainment we went the complete wrong way from Victoria station to get home and ended up missing the last train from Liverpool Street. Had to shell out and extra £60 for an 'unofficial' cab to take us back to Basildon, which was a bargain really.

Enjoyable night out though, must remember to eat something before I go to the next gig though :)

mank!

Part of the furniture
Off topic sorry, but I need to know... how far is the Academy away from the tube station? I'm going to a gig there this week and I'm coming via Oxford on the coach into Victoria Coach Station, planning to get the tube from Victoria to Brixton but dunno how to get from the coach station to the tube station and from the tube station to the venue, please help :D

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
mank said:
Off topic sorry, but I need to know... how far is the Academy away from the tube station? I'm going to a gig there this week and I'm coming via Oxford on the coach into Victoria Coach Station, planning to get the tube from Victoria to Brixton but dunno how to get from the coach station to the tube station and from the tube station to the venue, please help :D

Outside the front door virtually. go right. :p Oposite side on a dingy looking corner. Actually there are a few dingy looking corners in brixton....

mank!

Part of the furniture
Oh good, I thought it'd be miles away or something. London's full of dingy corners.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
As for Victoria Buses to Underground i have no idea as i always arrive at st Pancras > Victoria line > last stop.

And when you get there ull be able to spot the place if you are lucky enough to see beyond the oceans of ticket touts.

mank!

Part of the furniture
Nice one ta, sorry about hijacking your thread Jon!

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
mank said:
Nice one ta, sorry about hijacking your thread Jon!
No worries it was a pretty pointless thread anyway. Just saying they were better than I thought they would be :) And Snow Patrol were ok too.

Yes it's easy from Brixton station, go out, turn right, cross the main road at earliest oppurtunity and you'll see it on a corner on your left after about 3 minutes of walking. There's a couple of pubs between the station and the venue just in case you get there early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom