At an idea loss - Wedding gift.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A very good friend of mine and her man are getting hitched, i'll be attending ofcourse, and they don't(luckily) have a silly gift register with overpriced crap. They want "what you want to give" as gifts, a bit of personal touch in it.

I've got a few ideas, but aside from jetting them off to new york for a trip(yeah i know it's way over the top, not going there :D), things don't seem "oomf" enough. You know? Really good friend is hard to buy for :(

So, i'm kinda looking for inspiration, not direct "buy this" ideas as i'm going to try and spin it properly and make it Seely :lol:

Best idea so far, i think, is a "book of memories" of sorts, room for writing, pictures, etc, to "record life" as they scurry along the marriage path.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
Book sounds good idea tbh i would go with that. It's a lot more personal rather than just some crap from a shop. If you have pictures and stuff of them already then start it off too, if you dont go get some off their relatives :p

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Book sounds good idea tbh i would go with that. It's a lot more personal rather than just some crap from a shop. If you have pictures and stuff of them already then start it off too, if you dont go get some off their relatives :p

Yeah, i think i have some pictures to. Was thinking about "carving" a semi holographic glass potrait into the cover too. Pimp it out personally a bit :)

ti's my best bet at the moment, and i don't think it's common.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
When a friend of mine got married a couple of years ago, I was (secretly) taking pictures of them and made a "tryptichon" out of them. He, she, and then both "melted" together in Photoshop. Add some colour filters and some "stuff" and it´s a pretty nice thing.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
A very good friend of mine and her man are getting hitched, i'll be attending ofcourse, and they don't(luckily) have a silly gift register with overpriced crap. They want "what you want to give" as gifts, a bit of personal touch in it.

I've got a few ideas, but aside from jetting them off to new york for a trip(yeah i know it's way over the top, not going there :D), things don't seem "oomf" enough. You know? Really good friend is hard to buy for :(

So, i'm kinda looking for inspiration, not direct "buy this" ideas as i'm going to try and spin it properly and make it Seely :lol:

Best idea so far, i think, is a "book of memories" of sorts, room for writing, pictures, etc, to "record life" as they scurry along the marriage path.

Well you can get 'her' an Iron for all the Ironing she will be doing.

You can get 'him' a remote control for the TV :)

Helme

Resident Freddy
A bible where you carve out the shape of a dildo in the pages, place a dildo in it and write 'Salvation lies within' on the first page.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture

Good idea - there are a number of companies who could even knock it up for you if there's time. You could also stitch them up with getting hold of pictures of when they were younger etc to put in - kind of shows you've put the effort in rather than just done it from one of these personalised gift sites.

Or maybe a Rampant Rabbit for her & some industrial nag-proof ear defenders for him??

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Give the bride a tissue smothered in your semen. Attach a note saying "it's not too late to have my child instead!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom