Asylum Seekers

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
Skyler said:
Well I'll say.. if I was fleeing persecution in a country.. I would be fucking grateful to escape that country into a safer country... if my life was genuinely in danger... I'd take whatever country I first came too and be happier there... maybe for good, but I expect I'd want better things...

Then of course you hear about England, super benefits, easy to get into yadda yadda... of course I'd wanna go there...

But for me, all these Asylum seekers that come here as their 'first' choice should go away, they obviously arent being persecuted.. why the hell would they travel over europe before stopping... why not just step accross a border and be safer?

The last paragraph is a rather rheotorical question. SUPER BENEFITS HANDOUTS etc etc is your answer im afraid :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Skyler said:
But for me, all these Asylum seekers that come here as their 'first' choice should go away, they obviously arent being persecuted.. why the hell would they travel over europe before stopping... why not just step accross a border and be safer?

As it has been said many times before - because english is probably one of the most widely spoken language in the world. If you speak a few words of it, it's going to be a lot easier to get by in england than in say france or germany if you don't understand a word they're saying.

It's true, the illegal immigrant/economic migrant situation is definetly one that needs to be sorted. But jesus, the amount of venom and bile in your posts. "THOSE BASTARD ASYLUM SEEKERS, STEALING OUR JOBS, RUNNING AWAY WITH OUR DAUGHTERS". It stinks a lot of racism, mixed with a bit of xenophobia. Get it through your heads that there's a difference between assylum seekers != economic migrant.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Skyler said:
Well I'll say.. if I was fleeing persecution in a country.. I would be fucking grateful to escape that country into a safer country... if my life was genuinely in danger... I'd take whatever country I first came too and be happier there... maybe for good, but I expect I'd want better things...

Then of course you hear about England, super benefits, easy to get into yadda yadda... of course I'd wanna go there...

According to UNHCR research :

Many asylum seekers do not choose their country of asylum: Where they end up can depend on how quickly they flee and by what means.

But of those that do choose a destination, asylum seekers are most swayed by the presence of more of their own community in a foreign state, rather than presumed state benefits or reception standards.

Its a pretty safe bet that most people entering from mainland europe are not assylum seekers but

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
nath said:
...."THOSE BASTARD ASYLUM SEEKERS, STEALING OUR JOBS, RUNNING AWAY WITH OUR DAUGHTERS".....

Hmmmm cant quite to see that posted anywhere, but I know what you mean.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What you have to do chaps, is try to continue a measured semi-intelligent conversation, i.e an exchange of views, without screaming and shouting and name calling.
Unlikely I know, but heres hoping :)

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
What you have to do chaps, is try to continue a measured semi-intelligent conversation, i.e an exchange of views, without screaming and shouting and name calling.
Unlikely I know, but heres hoping :)

So what i was writing for the previous 2 pages was just ignored?!

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Deadmanwalking said:
So what i was writing for the previous 2 pages was just ignored?!

I stopped reading after the 2nd post - which I believe was yours.

I'm emigrating to Canada, you're fucking welcome to this shithole of a country :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I welcome true asylum seekers with open arms, but then again I don't live on the South coast. Economic migrants should also be welcomed, many of them will have valuable skills, and many more will be quite prepared to do the jobs that I wouldn't (eg cleaning).

Its newspapers like the Daily Mail that cause all the fuss, which goes to show that many of the people who read it, and fall for its propaganda, are stupid. Its those people we should be kicking out.

I think perhaps we should put a message out to the world, that genuine Asylum seekers will be treated well, and fairly (although I believe this doesn't always happen), but that anybody who doesn't immediately claim Asylum upon entering our territory, will not have their cases looked upon favourably.

I agree with a lot of what DMW says btw.

Gog

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom said:
...anybody who doesn't immediately claim Asylum upon entering our territory, will not have their cases looked upon favourably.

That's similar to what Section 55 of the NIA Act 2002 proposed to do - make it so that those who didn't claim asylum within a reasonable amount of time without a valid reason would have no access to NASS (asylum support). The argument was then raised that to deny someone support would leave them destitute, which would amount to degrading treatment. This would then be a breach of Article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights.

Of course there is also the argument as to what constitutes a 'reasonable amount of time'.

Personally I think the ones who should be kicked out are the solicitors/lawyers making a fortune in legal aid from it all.

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Darthshearer said:
My brother works for a local council and his done out loads of houses for asylmn seekers and they get brand new everything fitted! His mate who works with him was speaking to one of the family members that moved into one house and the geezer had just been given a check of £5000 to get a new car! from the local authority!

I know all the arguments left and right on this issue (btw I don't particularly agree with us having to bring in foreign professionals - I believe we should be inwardly investing in our own citizens), and, it is true that in certain circumstances asylum seekers are basically getting more "free" stuff from our government than the indigenous population (i.e. newly furnished flats for the asylum seeks, but just across the street our own people are living in squalor).

I personnaly believe this last point is more to do with the origins of funding. The councils get money from the EU for the asylum seekers - which is then spent on modernising run-down flats to make them habitable...flats in which no one born in the UK were living in anyway! So, it's more like the EU have helped modernise run-down parts of our communities...not too bad at all.

The suggestion, however, that an asylum seeker should be given £5000 to buy a car is just fekin stupid though. Jesus, our countries own citizens have to bear that particular financial brunt themselves, buying a car is commonly considered to be your second biggest purchase during your life-time, number one being your house. If every British Citizen was guaranteed a drivers license and a car then I'd be happy to condone the cash hand-outs....until then, no chance! In Glasgow last year there was talk of paying for their driving lessons ffs! BTW, I don't have a car! And I can't drive! Why? Because over the years I've had one financial burden after another, I simply couldn't afford to do it (I don't need a car for work/home - so to me it's a luxury item).

Maybe we should all be lobbying for the same benefits as the asylum seekers and not trying to take away what little they've got!

Anyhoo, all the oils going to get too expensive very soon anyway - your 2 litre turbo will be a garden ornament by the time you retire.

:p

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
That's the title of the thread - "Asylum Seekers", not "Illegal Immigrants".

And shame on the anti-asylum hate mongers.

Are papers ever talking about single mom's when it comes to welfare abusers?
Are they ever talking about regular football fans when it comes to hooliganism?
Are they ever talking about people fleeing from torture and oppression when it comes to .... Asylum Seekers?
Of course not. Wouldn't sound as dramatic.

The same regular "I piss on you, anti-Iraq-war hippies!" bunch, who kept rambling on about the poor people in Iraq being oppressed and tortured by the Saddam clique goes anti asylum seekers now. Pfft...

And England being crushed by a tidal wave of asylum abusers?
Check your geography, people.

Where do south- and eastern Europeans go to first? Germany.
Africa? France, Italy (who'll both deport them straight away in most cases) or Germany - where the right of Asylum is part of the constitution.

They definitely don't head for England straight away. So... ner.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Uncle Sick said:
That's the title of the thread - "Asylum Seekers", not "Illegal Immigrants".

And shame on the anti-asylum hate mongers.

Are papers ever talking about single mom's when it comes to welfare abusers?
Are they ever talking about regular football fans when it comes to hooliganism?
Are they ever talking about people fleeing from torture and oppression when it comes to .... Asylum Seekers?
Of course not. Wouldn't sound as dramatic.

The same regular "I piss on you, anti-Iraq-war hippies!" bunch, who kept rambling on about the poor people in Iraq being oppressed and tortured by the Saddam clique goes anti asylum seekers now. Pfft...

And England being crushed by a tidal wave of asylum abusers?
Check your geography, people.

Where do south- and eastern Europeans go to first? Germany.
Africa? France, Italy (who'll both deport them straight away in most cases) or Germany - where the right of Asylum is part of the constitution.

They definitely don't head for England straight away. So... ner.

YOU MEAN THE DAILY MAIL HAS LIED TO US? <swoon>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom