Asus P7P55D-E motherboard and Linux (RTL8112L LAN)

Athan

Resident Freddy
I've been casting my eye over prices of motherboard, CPU and RAM for an upgrade and had settled on a few choices, and only then thought to check Linux compatibility of things like Audio and LAN chipsets.

As best I can tell there's no Linux driver specifically for the Realtek RTL8112L on Asus P7P55D-E motherboards. I did find one post by a user of Mint Linux saying that to start with it worked, but at '5MB/s' and even if he does mean MegaBytes/s that's abysmal. He also talked about trying an asustek download, but it utterly failing to work. From his post it looked like he was trying the RTL 8168 driver which indeed shouldn't work. So I can only assume that by default some other RealTek driver got used, but it can only drive the chip at a basic level, not use any of the 'zoom' features.

So, the long shot. Any of you lot got that motherboard, or another with that particular RealTek LAN chip in it and know if it works, and if so how well ? Failing that know a good place elsewhere to ask (No TecZone doesn't have enough people yet :p) ?

Athan

Resident Freddy
Pfft, today Google gives me totally different search results and I discover the Asus forums, methinks I'll check and ask there :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom