Assist/

M

madferrit

Ok all can someone please explain what /assist does and how it should be used effectively in battle, how do you set them up etc ?

I was trying it last night in thid and was getting nowhere :(

Oh and what is the first RA i should be getting from Thid :)

Thx

C

chretien

Nominate a tank from your group as the main assist.
Everyone then makes an /assist macro to assist him (/assist <name>).
When you get to combat, the CCers do their thing and the main assist starts beating on targets, when he has a target hit your assist macro then wade in on his target. Continue until everything is dead.

As for what RA you should get it really depends on your class.

O

old.Vae

First RA from Thid will depend on the char - For clerics and casters it'll prob be MCL. Others will depend on their spec and class.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by old.Vae
First RA from Thid will depend on the char - For clerics and casters it'll prob be MCL. Others will depend on their spec and class.
Casters Id say MCL too. And maybe Aug Acuity too.

As for assist, i also use it if i see a fellow realmer under attack, but cannot see his enemy, then i can target what he has in view. Handy when they are slightly out of clip or behind trees etc.

M

madferrit

AHHH!

It all becomes clear! I see thanks for the replies.

Shame i dint mention im a pally.... so sorry.

Part 2 should of been

As a pally, what should my first RA be? :)

Thanks all.

B

Bejeezus

Really depends on whether you're shooting for Ignore Pain, in which case spend the 3 points to get a level of First Aid and save the spare point. Otherwise, I'd suggest 2 levels of Augmented Dex to get either MoB or MoP, depending on your preference.

O

osy

/macro Mass /macro Assist /assist %T

This will create a macro that you put on a remote quickbar. Then, select the person you want, and click that macro. It will create another macro, which is your assist macro. Helps you from typing the person's name each time.

As for thid RA, all you could go for is either simple augs, or longwind and such. Depends on your class really.

Melee char - aug str, con

Caster - aug acuity, dex (or con)

B

bone_idle

/Assist should be remove from DAoC alltogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom