Assassin's Creed

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What's this series like, worth getting? I've heard 1 is shit, but should I start with 2 or Brotherhood? Comments?

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I've enjoyed them all. The only negative is that the story does move along very very slowly, in fact I don't think the last one moved the story along at all really. That said, there will probably be like ten in the series by the time they are done.

Helme

Resident Freddy
The story is at times embarrassingly bad but the gameplay itself is fun in my opinion, and there's nothing else quite like it.

I'd suggest starting with 2, the first one while having a cooler setting in my opinion suffers from seriously bad quest design.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
I'd give 1 a go. It doesn't really take that long to complete really, but Helme is right, you can probably start with 2, I think it gives a full recap of the story so far at the beginning. The gameplay doesn't change all that much between the three games, just slight engine and combat improvements and slightly more refined quests really.

eksdee

FH is my second home
The second game is vastly superior to play, but the story throughout all three games is worth putting up with the ocassionaly repetitive gameplay.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
What's this series like, worth getting? I've heard 1 is shit, but should I start with 2 or Brotherhood? Comments?

You'll hate it. Pointlessly repetitive, far too easy, no sense of achievement. It's simplicity will make you hate it, which is a rare thing. The story is the ONLY saving grace, but you can just read it or watch the cut scenes online and save yourself irritation.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
You'll hate it. Pointlessly repetitive, far too easy, no sense of achievement. It's simplicity will make you hate it.

This.

I felt like I was doing the same fucking thing for hours upon hours upon hours. The same can be said of the second one which I've got (mate gave me it) and never touched although I've seen him play it.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Only played 2. Will get brotherhood soon.

I quite enjoyed it tbh. I know it can get a bit repetitive and you don't feel like you are FULLY in control of your character but the annoyances that causes are pretty rare. It takes a long time to get everything in the game and I never resented that.

8/10 - one of the more enjoyable plats I got last year :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
My housemate got Brotherhood last night and i have to say i thought it was rubbish. It looks so dated and glitchy and just not enjoyable at all

Back to Mafia 2 i think

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
OK, sounds like I should give 2 a rent to see if it's any good. Cheers all.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Rent ?

You could probably buy it for a fiver and then sell it back to Gamestation, price-matching CEX price plus £1 for more :)

Aada

Part of the furniture
This.

I felt like I was doing the same fucking thing for hours upon hours upon hours. The same can be said of the second one which I've got (mate gave me it) and never touched although I've seen him play it.

Feel the same when i played 1 and 2 i completed 1 and 2 in quick succession before Brotherhood came out and tbh i just can't be bothered picking Brotherhood up.

The game is far too easy, offers very little in the way each mission is approached and is just repetitive to the point where you actually just want the game to finish.

I'm waiting for Brotherhood to go 9.99 on xbox classics before i shudder at picking it up.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I quite enjoyed 2 if I'm honest, not too taxing but good enough entertainment, and brilliant for trophy whoring.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I think AC1 was pretty great at the time...certainly their world engine was very impressive and the plot is pretty original and well done. It's a very limited experience though...all the missions are pretty much cut'n'paste.

AC2 is a superb game, great GFX, sensible controls, fun and engaging plot (it's f'kin stupid at times, but still fun) and has lots of variety to keep you interested.

AC:Brotherhood is alright if you look at it as basically AC2.5...the GFX are very similar and it's really the multiplayer stuff that's been bolted on the back-end that is the USP. That said, they've changed the controls just enough to REALLY piss me off and I've not managed to get into it yet.

My advice would be to pick up AC1 for a fiver and give it a blast and then get AC2 so you can experience the evolution of the story and the whole feel of the series. AC:B? Meh, if you feel like it. Not sure I'd bother if I had my time again.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
FAO AC2-loving Freddies:
What do you think of my holiday snaps? :m00:

Bonus IRL pic: Me Rulke & Poon :D
IMG_1631-smaller.jpg

megadave

I am a FH squatter
think i've got an almost exact copy of the second pic myself :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom