Assasin Missions FAO Mythic/GOA

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
Would it be possable to alter the personal missions so as the assasin missions are only in your realm...

Theres nothing worse than having to travel all the way to another realm to a tower taken by your fellow Realm mates.

All for 300rps !!

Take tonight...port over ( really anoying when theres no port... means I have to either horse ride there or get boat ...boat means release pets...and re-summon at other end...leaving me vulnerable to attack ) and get steamrolled by FG ...on way to tower ... 2 times...

Othewise I have to wait half a hour for a new mission or go and try ...try ..again ...impossable when theres FG's running around.

Thats a waste of time imo... for a measly 300rps

I know I am not the only person thinking this...

Can you come up with something that makes the game experiance in this area better ...and not feeling like /qtd

Before anyone says... get a group and do PvE ... not allways that easy is it ?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Heres a thought, don't do the missions, or kill real enemies for rps? :D

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Problem with the missions, all missions that is, is that they were introduced before we had the Realm Point boost patch.

Now that the value of killing players has been almost doubled, doing missions now is doubly worthless, its little more then a small boost rather then an incentive or alternative.

I think all missions need to have their rewards increased slightly to be more inline with the new player realm point values.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, why can't the assasin spawn right next to you and give you 2000 rps a hit?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Scrinthe said:
Can you come up with something that makes the game experiance in this area better ...and not feeling like /qtd
pvp:confused:

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Make them worth more rp's but send you to enemy towers to kill them.

They are actually a great idea in that they get people moving away from the bridges. Now if they could get them moving to places where they could be attacked en-route, and make them actually worth doing then people might actually bother to leave the damn bridge!

Missions should be a soloers dream, in that they give you soloers away from the zerg to attack. (the people actually running them).

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
When they were first introduced I made a rough estimate of how many you could do an hour and compared the rps to a typical bad days soloing rps and it wasn't all that bad in comparison.

However that was before we had the rp boost, but also before we had horses to speed up travel times.

They work far better actually when your realm is hosting irvr, so that you have usually lost 2 of the keeps that would normally of been the furthest to travel to without port. When you only have 5 keeps all relatively close you can actually do the missions extremely quickly.

For a speed 5 class its probably much more beneficial, personally i'd much rather hit other people.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
When they were first introduced I made a rough estimate of how many you could do an hour and compared the rps to a typical bad days soloing rps and it wasn't all that bad in comparison.

However that was before we had the rp boost, but also before we had horses to speed up travel times.

They work far better actually when your realm is hosting irvr, so that you have usually lost 2 of the keeps that would normally of been the furthest to travel to without port. When you only have 5 keeps all relatively close you can actually do the missions extremely quickly.

For a speed 5 class its probably much more beneficial, personally i'd much rather hit other people.

i get 2.5k an hour by doing assassin missions... far more effective imo
if you dont have a set group or your a caster killing people is deffenatly more effective

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
i get 2.5k an hour by doing assassin missions... far more effective imo
if you dont have a set group or your a caster killing people is deffenatly more effective

Hmmm, i'd of thought you could get closer to 4k an hour to be honest, it only takes a few minutes to reach the towers on portal keeps and maybe 6 or 7 minutes to non portal keeps with a horse.

I guess it depends on luck and keep portal situration.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
My theurg could do about 5-6k an hour on missions as long as there were no silly ones to towers in the middle of mid/hib. I'd imagine any class with speed and reasonable DPS could do the same. They are pretty rubbish if you compare them even to running around in a bridge zerg but they are great for getting some cheap RPs on low RR characters at off peak hours.

Even the ones to enemy frontiers weren't always a waste of time as sometimes you'd come across someone doing exactly the same as you and get a nice fight against a soloer who wasn't 6 realm ranks higher than you for a change.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Hmmm, i'd of thought you could get closer to 4k an hour to be honest, it only takes a few minutes to reach the towers on portal keeps and maybe 6 or 7 minutes to non portal keeps with a horse.

I guess it depends on luck and keep portal situration.

i get alot of eras spire for some reason... and i mainly do them on my necro... pet get out of range alot + buffs run out(no BB)
also, the dmg shield counts as in combat so that wacks on like 20seconds before i can mount

but yeh, i get like 3k some of the time... but i generally get 2.5 alot more

Sparklehorse

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree with making them home realm tbh, its not losing towers or ports that pisses me off, its when some scout/hunter/ranger and his mate have taken a tower (like the one on the stupi dhill in Da Behn, and its the only tower in another realm your realm owns, and yay guess what, u can garuntee thatll be your assassin , its a bit retarded tbh..

And they shuld increase the rp on them ..

As for what Kagato said.. while its true real RvR provides much more rp, a lot of classes can solo the assassins at 44+ (hell some op ones at 40+) where u cant possibly be competing in RvR at that lvl and the later Battlegrounds are ghost towns now, it makes it a hell of a lot nicer to get that lil boost of rp while your waiting for the big 5-oh

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yeh y don't they give away rps for pveing some mobs also? It's easier and little effort too!

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Could make 6-9k an hour with assassins on my bard but I did have malice level 10 ;)

Speed6 + Gateway made it very quick ;)

But yes, 6k is 3-4 kills solo.

They need to up the rp's to 500 a pop then it'd be a lot more desireable.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I always saw it as the challenge that they could be somewhere close, or somewhere far away. Furthest I've done was Dun Scathaig Outpost, at a time when there were no ports to Hib. Getting there with a visible character was a good challenge. It's good for learning your way around.

I also see it as in introduction to rvr. The mechanics of stuff like stuns are the same as they are on players, rather than mobs, for the assassins, and it gets you running places you may meet other players. Recently I've been invited into groups when doing them.

Darzil

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i can tell it is a nice way to get some RP on low RR chars.

getting rr 3 via assassin missions is not that hard.

but the RP you get tends to differ a lot depending on your class / ml / ...

a well equiped mincer can easely do 8+ k an hour doing assassin runs.
a caster with speed can do 5+ k an hour.
a non speeder can get 2.5 - 3 k
getting more than 2k on my necro an hour proved a hell of a though job.

the assassin mission are generally only worth the trouble in a pacified fronteer though for most classes.

and...

what is wrong with pveing stuff for RP anyway ?

i wish more pve stuff was worth RP. (give 1 rp for a blue guard, 2 rp for a yellow guard, 4 rp for a orange guard, 8 rp for a red one and 15+ for purple guards.) it might turn the fronteer in a blazing inferno, but it sure as hell would scatter the playing people over the fronteer more than now.

and yes, the rp bonus for pve didn`t follow the rp love patch and should get a bit of an adjustment upwards.

Ziro

Fledgling Freddie
In fact assasin missions can be very worthwhile.

When hibs released all keeps due to the AC raids recently, in the end we only had Dun Ailinne Spire left which is a 20 sec run from Ligen. So we gathered a grp of 5 and ran assasination missions, was quite funny and very good rpts :p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Ziro said:
In fact assasin missions can be very worthwhile.

When hibs released all keeps due to the AC raids recently, in the end we only had Dun Ailinne Spire left which is a 20 sec run from Ligen. So we gathered a grp of 5 and ran assasination missions, was quite funny and very good rpts :p

Yes but what ppl complaining about is that when you dont have port to destination of mission and you find fgs roaming around and zerg you while doing it.

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Yes but what ppl complaining about is that when you dont have port to destination of mission and you find fgs roaming around and zerg you while doing it.
Isn't that the whole point though? If there was no risk involved you may as well just spam the NPC for instant realmpoints...

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
rawr said:
Isn't that the whole point though? If there was no risk involved you may as well just spam the NPC for instant realmpoints...

well if the risk is what gives the RPs why not put it in front of Dun Crauchon :) im sure i would last long there ...but then again i would have 5000 rps if i manage it :)

Might i remember if lets say on alb side if you dont have port to beno and bold if you die its gonna a be a pain in the ass to go unbuffed and RS to a boat, go through all of your realm, pass by all of ocean in between then still have to walk part of other realm and STILL you might get killed again :p

Besides the risk of getting killed near DC is as great as getting killed near beno, since there usually is fgs runing around those areas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom