Ashley Madison Hack

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I love petite girls....all my girlfriends have been around 5-6...except for my first who was 5-10 when she was 14, she walked into my mates house when I was 17, wearing the shortest school skirt you can imagine and socks pulled over her knees...I practically ejaculated there and then.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Did any of those single young girls use ashley madison?

MrFright

Fledgling Freddie
The lesson here isn't : don't trust your spouse but rather, don't trust any website with your info.

leggy

Probably Scottish
I think the real lesson is: use tinder. It's free.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This in the comments section of the link at the top of that article.

For the record, this is the case with most (if not all) of the paid dating sites. I know, because I used to make money writing them. I wrote profiles for five or six sites - the biggest customers were two religion based ones, one for seniors and one for gay men, too. I was paid to write the profile, upload a photo (usually stock photos, although they didn’t really care), and then after those profiles went live they were never logged into again. At one time the gig of creating these was listed as a job on Amazon Turk, this would have been all the way back in 2010-2011.

Lesson here - learn to talk to people in real life, because then at least you know you’re talking to a real person.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
This in the comments section of the link at the top of that article.

For the record, this is the case with most (if not all) of the paid dating sites. I know, because I used to make money writing them. I wrote profiles for five or six sites - the biggest customers were two religion based ones, one for seniors and one for gay men, too. I was paid to write the profile, upload a photo (usually stock photos, although they didn’t really care), and then after those profiles went live they were never logged into again. At one time the gig of creating these was listed as a job on Amazon Turk, this would have been all the way back in 2010-2011.

Lesson here - learn to talk to people in real life, because then at least you know you’re talking to a real person.

I did loads of online dating after I got divorced. Spoke to lots of real women, dated quite a few. The fact that there are scams out there doesn't mean the whole idea is flawed; it isn't.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
While I didn't meet my wife at an dating site, I did meet her online. Not everyone you run into is faking it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I did loads of online dating after I got divorced. Spoke to lots of real women, dated quite a few. The fact that there are scams out there doesn't mean the whole idea is flawed; it isn't.

Id imagine that most dating websites need to fake accounts go actually get started.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Its a beautiful scam when you think about it.

It reminds me of that scene in Lock Stock where one of them comes up with the idea of a sex toy company. Call it something neutral, get people to order then say, sorry we can't get stock, here is a refund cheque from arse ticklers UK (or something like that) How many would take the refund cheque into the bank?

Scam a bunch of desperate people then charge them to delete their data, very few would sue (if any!)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Id imagine that most dating websites need to fake accounts go actually get started.

Depends. You can actually make that argument about any social media or peer-to-peer site if you think about it, but most dating sites are initially free, so if you're not speaking to actual humans pretty quickly, the whole exercise will implode; think about something like Betfair, you have to build an audience fast. I can't speak for Match.coms of this world, but I do know someone who did the launch for a (I think) fairly successful UK dating site, and they wouldn't have been allowed to create any fake accounts (because their parent company/brand really couldn't afford any negative PR) so their whole seeding strategy was create a day critical mass before the site even officially opened. The usual way would be a beta and mailing lists. Such is the demand for dating sites that you can actually grow a base pretty quickly, or you could 7-8 years ago, I'd guess the market is consolidating now.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

We are all fake on here btw, you are the only real user of FH and this entire thing is a social experiment.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Even when you meet someone face to face you're going to deal with a certain amount of fakeness. To quote Chris Rock, when you first meet someone, you don't meet the actual person, you meet their representative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom